Paige's big concern is winning and being the best teammate | The Boneyard

Paige's big concern is winning and being the best teammate

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nice article about Paige focusing only on winning and being the best teammate.

Mostly known quotes but a few new ones that are very inciteful about Paige as teammate

“You can’t argue with her because it’s like arguing with a wall,” Fudd said. “You get nowhere. It’s just a waste of energy with her. I beat her, but she still thinks she won.
“She is extremely annoying and it carries over on the court,” Fudd added with a smile. “But she is one of the best to play with. She cares so much about everyone.”

Which is what makes her special.
The Huskies couldn’t be in a better position than that their best player is an even better teammate.
“She is a Diana Taurasi-level teammate. Only nicer about it,” Auriemma said.

“The cockiness is real, but some of that is just a show. Her being a great teammate and a great advocate for you, that is all real. That has always been there. That’s why no one on the team begrudges all of the attention she gets.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If Azzi has any weakness, it's that she's too nice or occasionally lacking in self-confidence. That's why I thought it was important for her to go to UConn--Geno and Paige will help Azzi in that regard.

Reaction Score
If Azzi has any weakness, it's that she's too nice or occasionally lacking in self-confidence. That's why I thought it was important for her to go to UConn--Geno and Paige will help Azzi in that regard.
Frequently, when we see Paige do something incredible on the court, someone will ask, "Where can the legend go from here?" This article provides one answer. Aside from being a great baller, Buckets seems to also be a great human being.

Reaction Score
standby for Plebe intervention in 10, 9, 8,......................

"Mostly known quotes but a few new ones that are very inciteful about Paige as teammate"

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Sooner or later, somebody (an opponent) is going to bust her chops and her bubble. The sooner the better. Once that happens, she will have “officially” been welcomed to WCBB.

No more Mr. nice guy. She’s going to be tested. She’ll meet fire with fire. :cool: That said, she’s going to bust a lot of chops too. The message she’ll send to WCBB: “put some respect on my name.” ;)

Reaction Score
I'm waiting for the first opponent where a seasoned D1 player is going to say to her "show me what you got Freshie." The results will be interesting.

Reaction Score
Freshie? Lol. Kids today don’t talk like that lol

Reaction Score
Knee-jerk reaction this morning: I feel like it's too much information and I don't think these questions need to be asked, answered, or even discussed. I say we watch, observe, make our own judgements, and enjoy the superstar players while we have the chance. I don't remember such psychoanalyses of Larry, Magic, Michael (pre-documentary) definitely not Mantle. Imagine being an 18, 19, 20 year old and having one's personality documented by the media (social and regular). Sorry, just my 2 cents. Of course, I can choose to ignore.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sooner or later, somebody (an opponent) is going to bust her chops and her bubble. The sooner the better. Once that happens, she will have “officially” been welcomed to WCBB.

No more Mr. nice guy. She’s going to be tested. She’ll meet fire with fire. :cool: That said, she’s going to bust a lot of chops too. The message she’ll send to WCBB: “put some respect on my name.” ;)

What will happen is (1) Nika will get in that player's face, and (2) Azzi will make it rain buckets.

Reaction Score
What will happen is (1) Nika will get in that player's face, and (2) Azzi will make it rain buckets.
Who are we talking about? Azzi?
Great players just deal with it. They work to get better. Remember how Bird "got over" Magic and Michigan State beating him. He came back the next year and got rookie of the year and helped the Celts have the greatest one season turn around in NBA history. (record stood for decades) How did Jordan overcome his early playoff failures?
She doesn't need someone else to step up for her. Great players just wake up the next day and do what they need to do to overcome.

Reaction Score
Who are we talking about? Azzi?
Great players just deal with it. They work to get better. Remember how Bird "got over" Magic and Michigan State beating him. He came back the next year and got rookie of the year and helped the Celts have the greatest one season turn around in NBA history. (record stood for decades) How did Jordan overcome his early playoff failures?
She doesn't need someone else to step up for her. Great players just wake up the next day and do what they need to do to overcome.
Exactly. Bird said he never ever did get over the loss to Magic in the Finals. It motivated him his whole career. Similarly, I don't think that Paige will ever get over the Arizona game. It already has motivated her and the rest of our ladies. Once Nika watches it, and she will, I predict she fouls out the next game, but she will be even more motivated. As for Azzi, Nika will be Nika but Azzi is used to being the center of attention and will learn that opposing teams will try to muscle her. She can do a lot of other things besides shoot. I think she replaces Nika at the point at times because her on ball defense is so good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom