OT: - Paige | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Paige

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Tough news. ACL recovery for athletes is typically 6-9 months. March is 8 months away, so unless it's particularly bad, there should be a chance she's available come tourney time, although I wouldn't expect a lot of minutes.

I was worried when she came back from the injury last year, so I wouldn’t even entertain letting her play after this. The hope would be a full year without the pressure to rush back gives her time to get back and ready day 1 next year.

In any event, awful news for a great kid. She’ll be back.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Wow Geno no ring again, that awful news.

She may never play in the Husky uni again. Get better and healthy and go to the WNBA thereafter.
Disagree. Much like Arnold Schwarzenegger in every Terminator movie ever, she’ll be back.

I also wouldn’t be so quick to write off another trip to the national championship game. Granted, you don’t replace a player like Paige Bueckers, but this is an enormously talented team. It will be pretty dangerous by the end of the season.

Reaction Score
One of the awful realities of women's hoops/sports, they destroy their knees constantly.

Awful news.
Is this true? Is there a reason why female athletes damage their knees more frequently than men?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Unbelievable. She missed a lot of last season, too. She'll have missed more games than she's played by the time she's through.

Reaction Score
Disagree. Much like Arnold Schwarzenegger in every Terminator movie ever, she’ll be back.

I also wouldn’t be so quick to write off another trip to the national championship game. Granted, you don’t replace a player like Paige Bueckers, but this is an enormously talented team. It will be pretty dangerous by the end of the season.

Guess you can't write them off completely but I would throw big cash on them not ringing in again, they need her swag they were very ordinary without her. Better than most but not as good as the Top teams. They have a very talented team but who will be that go-to person? Fudd will be really good but not as good without Paige. Hate to say it and it blows, but it would be a longshot.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Is this true? Is there a reason why female athletes damage their knees more frequently than men?
My layman’s understanding is there is some structural differences in the joint/bone shape that make it more susceptible to high torque.

Reaction Score
Lol. I hope you were listening to the Mets a few minutes ago when Gary and Keith were discussing it, and how devastated the guys in the SNY truck are about it.

Sorry. I was on vaca gorging myself on steamers and lobster and not listening to some injury updates on Paige Bueckers.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Sorry. I was on vaca gorging myself on steamers and lobster and not listening to some injury updates on Paige Bueckers.
Enjoy!

There was no update. Gary reported it as a major sports news headline and they discussed it for a bit.

Probably a good thing that you weren’t watching. Might‘ve been too been traumatic for you.

Reaction Score
Enjoy!

There was no update. Gary reported it as a major sports news headline and they discussed it for a bit.

Probably a good thing that you weren’t watching. Might‘ve been too been traumatic for you.

Yeah. Who could believe a female basketball player tore her ACL? That never happens.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yeah. Who could believe a female basketball player tore her ACL? That never happens.
Well the reason Gary mentioned it is because he said that she is the best player in women’s college basketball and that she did it in a pickup game.

And then he did also mention the greater incidence of knee injuries among women’s basketball players.

Reaction Score
There seems to be a lot of different reasons from structure- women having wider hips placing more weight directly onto their knees, to weaker ligaments, women relying more on their quads than hamstrings, even having a different gait and landing more straight legged than men...

Reaction Score
This is OT topic, I like having it here. If an OT topic doesn’t interest me, I just don’t participate. Why not try that?

Agree to disagree, friend.

Reaction Score
Be careful. It’d be a shame if you choked on them.

Reaction Score
Why would someone want to be known as a miserable a.h. ? I guess only miserable a.h.'s would know the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom