Status
Not open for further replies.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
His comment is a long-running joke.
He has a peerless sense of humor.
Just ask him.
If people can get called out for making a carwash joke five years later, he can get called out for this.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If people can get called out for making a carwash joke five years later, he can get called out for this.

Call away.

He has me on Ignore for doing so. It's pretty easy to spot when he's posted, and weigh in like this.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgobblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

No doubt! Calling out @Deepster is all part of it; just be happy he's not posting Hartford shot spotters (and this would be the time for that...)

Exactly.

Deepster dutifully (compulsively?) played his role, even in a thread among & for this particular community. In doing so, he provided a poor-taste, meme-like response to the sad news about a truly great UConn athlete.

He wears his "Kick me" sign proudly, and thinks he's getting the better of everybody, but he's the one who's boxed in.

There's no need for anybody else to join him. Ignore him, expose him, treat him like a bully & punch him in the nose, or have some fun by poking fun at him.

To his credit, he recently paid solid tribute to Bill Russell.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Terrible for her. The only piece of advice I'll offer, is don't think that by working harder you'll get back sooner. Follow the normal time and normal process, and focus on leg strength, then on agility. Very often athletes, even a year out from ACL reconstruction, have measurable quad deficiencies in bulk, twitch quickness, reaction time ... and this is particularly true with female athletes, who do not (on average) have the same starting quad to hamstring strength ratios as the guys. Also, as depressing as this is, there's a roughly 30% risk of either re-tearing this ACL or tearing the ACL in the other knee for female athletes at this age and level of sport.

Take your time, be absolutely sure the knee is ready, and both legs are strong. Then come back.

Reaction Score
Please move this to the womens board.
It has an OT designation, it’s immensely important to UConn athletics as a whole. It’s more news worthy in a spots forum than “ what tv should I buy”. Maybe we can send you to the new cess pool, but they don’t like you there either. Just sayin.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
No doubt! Calling out @Deepster is all part of it; just be happy he's not posting Hartford shot spotters (and this would be the time for that...)

Wait. Are you suggesting Paige blew out her ACL running away from someone trying to rob her at gunpoint in Hartford?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Call away.

He has me on Ignore for doing so. It's pretty easy to spot when he's posted, and weigh in like this.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgobblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Exactly.

Deepster dutifully (compulsively?) played his role, even in a thread among & for this particular community. In doing so, he provided a poor-taste, meme-like response to the sad news about a truly great UConn athlete.

He wears his "Kick me" sign proudly, and thinks he's getting the better of everybody, but he's the one who's boxed in.

There's no need for anybody else to join him. Ignore him, expose him, treat him like a bully & punch him in the nose, or have some fun by poking fun at him.

To his credit, he recently paid solid tribute to Bill Russell.
Meh, slavish adherence to tradition (particularly in the name of Mojo) is a part of what makes The Boneyard,The Boneyard. I don’t know that it needs much more analysis than that.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
One of the awful realities of women's hoops/sports, they destroy their knees constantly.

Awful news.

Is this true? Is there a reason why female athletes damage their knees more frequently than men?

There seems to be a lot of different reasons from structure- women having wider hips placing more weight directly onto their knees, to weaker ligaments, women relying more on their quads than hamstrings, even having a different gait and landing more straight legged than men...

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score

The Santa Monica ACL Injury Prevention Project (PEP)

If you have a daughter playing sports this training regimen is an excellent one to follow. Also, the majority of female ACL injuries happen within the 10 day window of the menstrual cycle. Now, no athlete is going to want to take 10 days off a month but as the article above mentions taking precautions during this time frame is the prudent thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom