Paige thinking of being a 2 sport player? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige thinking of being a 2 sport player?

Reaction Score
Look closely and you will see that she is at an outdoor range. There's netting all around and in the distance you will she traffic going by.
Please stop interjecting facts into the argument. It's confusing.

Reaction Score
Through the years, it seems like the UConn players get the opportunity to participate in a diverse set of activities, meet some very interesting people, and in general, come out of college better prepared to excel. Geno, CD, etc. get a lot of credit for their coaching but deserve kudos for teaching life skills as well.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Yikes! For a rising junior whose best sport is clearly basketball Ciera has one heck of a golf swing....good fundamentals in chipping but her full golf swing...yikes!!

Does UConn have women's golf team? I think 'yes'. Ciera would enjoy a round or two on the Yale Golf Course.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
If we are fortunate to nab Ciera, I would recommend to the GHO folks that they invite her to play in the Pro-Am on that Wednesday. We know that Geno occasionally plays there....and CD usually does. Put Ciera in the Jordan Spieth group...they will get a serious number of fans. Jordan may know a bit about hoops as well...I believe his younger brother plays at Brown.

Just a few [very] idle thoughts here on a nice Adirondack morn.

Reaction Score
That looks like it could have been filmed at the Top Golf facility my son works at in Virginia or it could have been the one in Germantown, MD. He was with us on vacation so I can't ask him if they played host to the women's basketball NPOY.

Reaction Score
Son says this is likely the Germantown, MD Top Golf facility. The one at Ashburn VA has a longer driving range.

Reaction Score
Yikes! For a rising junior whose best sport is clearly basketball Ciera has one heck of a golf swing....good fundamentals in chipping but her full golf swing...yikes!!

Does UConn have women's golf team? I think 'yes'. Ciera would enjoy a round or two on the Yale Golf Course.

When I was at UConn their home course was Willimantic. Toner was a member.

Reaction Score
In all honesty, I don’t know if Paige has played much golf, or any golf for that matter. But her swing is not half bad. She has a nice shoulder turn, uses her legs to drive through the ball and hits the ball squarely on the club face. If she had the time, it wouldn’t take much for her to become a pretty decent golfer.
I think she hooked it. Just sayin

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Trevino was hit by lightning 3 times.

At some point during a rainstorm he started to fool around and wave a 2 iron over his head.
He said 'even God can't hit a two iron'. [Others may have said the same thing but Lee was definitely one in a
million.]

Reaction Score
In the famous words of Lee Trevino, “You can talk to a fade, but a hook won’t listen.”
In the immortal words of Yogi Berra “nobody goes to golf tournaments anymore, it’s too crowded.”

Reaction Score

At some point during a rainstorm he started to fool around and wave a 2 iron over his head.
He said 'even God can't hit a two iron'. [Others may have said the same thing but Lee was definitely one in a
million.]
Your post reminds me of Bill Murray in Caddyshack, caddying for the Bishop, played by the great old time actor Henry Wilcoxin, during the thunderstorm.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

million.]
I believe Trevino’s quote was about a “one iron.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom