Paige mom thinks Paige will use the extra year of eligibility | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Paige mom thinks Paige will use the extra year of eligibility

Reaction Score
I don’t know about other potential millionaires. I’m just speculating about Paige, who is in a truly unique position that may afford her the opportunity to earn more money the longer she stays in college. Time will tell.

What specific income would she lose if she left early? If Nike wanted to pay her for putting her picture on their ads why would they stop after she leaves UConn to turn pro? Any outside income source could continue. I'm not promoting any POV about NIL, I just don't see how anyone would be financially better off staying in school. They may however be financially satisfied with what they make while in school and stay as long as they can.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Jalen Suggs has 442K IG followers. Paige has 826K.
Out of curiosity, did Jalen get a strong IG jump when

1) The connection between Paige and Jalen was highlighted in the news cycle
2) His miracle shot?

In other words, what were his numbers prior ?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Gonzaga is not a national program, most ppl don't even know what state they are in
Everyone knows that Gonzaga is a municipality in the Lombardy Province of Italy.........?

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Gonzaga is not a national program, most ppl don't even know what state they are in
Paige had over 600,000 followers while she was still in High School, and the Zags have been considered a major power since Few became the Head Coach. He is the first Head Coach to take his team to every NCAA tournament from his first year as a HC, that's 21 straight NCAA tournaments, and considered to be a consistent contenders for the tournament.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
When NIL is passed it will have nothing to do with the WNBA and the WNBA will do nothing because NCAA eligibility is limited to 4 years. The WNBA is not going to change it's wage scale because of Paige. The current WNBA collective bargaining agreement which controls the pay scale runs through 2027.
My post was purely rhetorical. I have no expectation that the WNBA will change its pay scale to accommodate Paige and I am aware the current CBA runs through 2027 as I stated in another post.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Paige had over 600,000 followers while she was still in High School, and the Zags have been considered a major power since Few became the Head Coach. He is the first Head Coach to take his team to every NCAA tournament from his first year as a HC, that's 21 straight NCAA tournaments, and considered to be a consistent contenders for the tournament.
More food for thought. Yahoo Sports pointed out that Paige has 753,000 Instagram followers, which is more than all 20 starters from the Men’s FF teams combined. Jalen Suggs tops that group with 312,000.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
What specific income would she lose if she left early? If Nike wanted to pay her for putting her picture on their ads why would they stop after she leaves UConn to turn pro? Any outside income source could continue. I'm not promoting any POV about NIL, I just don't see how anyone would be financially better off staying in school. They may however be financially satisfied with what they make while in school and stay as long as they can.
As I suggested in another post, Paige has more value to Nike the greater her exposure. UConn offers more exposure than the W, and Nike could structure their contract accordingly.

Reaction Score
Exactly, and it's not out of the realm of reality to think if college students are allowed to earn $ while still in school she may well be the highest payed WBB player in the world. I know she has to stay on course with her play and continue to be great, but she has the following of hundreds of thousands of young girls, maybe now in the millions world wide. Who better for Nike or any other shoe company to throw dollars at.
I wonder how hard these newly minted thousandaires will study for their math finals....lol

Reaction Score
We are talking about, barring injury, a player in Paige, of possibly legendary status. Right now, one can be excited about Paige's sophomore year next year with the entire team minus Anna returning + a transfer and a stellar freshman class including Azzi, and finishing what was started with the young squad this year.
If we really think about it, do we want Paige to stay at UConn for 5 years? Irregardless of the number of NCs she is a part of. Don't we want the person of unusual skills and talent to continue to be challenged to the ultimate degree and have the best opportunities to continue to take their talents to greater heights. Don't we want the musician to get the opportunity to play at Carnegie Hall? Don't we want the artist to get classical training in Paris? The chess player to compete in Russia?
Is a mother's tendency to want their child safe the most important thing to them? She knows Paige is safe, and well cared for at UConn. She doesn't know what the world has in store for Paige.
Stewie won 4 straight NCs and she was the Tournament MVP 4 times. That's been done. Paige did not achieve that end. Paige has a different story to write. I cannot wait to see the next chapter and the next chapter....
You mean, REGARDLESS!! There is no such word as irregardless although it is widely misused as one. I just want to post without a distraction such as non-existent word.

Reaction Score
You mean, REGARDLESS!! There is no such word as irregardless although it is widely misused as one. I just want to post without a distraction such as non-existent word.
So sorry, copied from Merriam-Webster:

Is irregardless a word?​

Yes. It may not be a word that you like, or a word that you would use in a term paper, but irregardless certainly is a word. It has been in use for well over 200 years, employed by a large number of people across a wide geographic range and with a consistent meaning. That is why we, and well-nigh every other dictionary of modern English, define this word. Remember that a definition is not an endorsement of a word’s use.

Does irregardless mean the same thing as regardless?​

Yes. We define irregardless as "regardless." Many people find irregardless to be a nonsensical word, as the ir- prefix usually functions to indicate negation; however, in this case it appears to function as an intensifier. Similar ir- words, while rare, do exist in English, including irremediless ("remediless"), irresistless ("resistless") and irrelentlessly ("relentlessly).

Reaction Score
No chance she stays the 5th year. I don't think Paige is a selfish player and staying the 5th year would take a spot away from someone who won't have an opportunity for a 5th year. She's the #1 pick whenever she moves on. No reason to wait.

Parents always think they know what their kids are thinking. They rarely do.

I will be surprised she stays 3 more years if the WNBA changes their rules.

Yeah, obviously you know more about Bueckers than her own Mother does.

Reaction Score
The minimum base salary in the NBA is $898,000 vs the maximum base salary in the WNBA of $215,000. Rookies in the W earn less than $100,000. Jalen and Paige are great friends, but their respective opportunities in professional basketball are worlds apart.
Jalen Suggs will be the #3 pick in this year NBA draft by Piston. With $898,000 salary I guess he can buy a good Christmas gift to his good friend Paige this year.

Reaction Score
As of 18 minutes ago, Jalen Suggs has declared for the NBA draft. One-and-done. Does that shoe dropping, interfere with your fantasy at all? Just wondering...
What does this have to do with Paige. Nothing! So why even bring it up.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Jalen Suggs will be the #3 pick in this year NBA draft by Piston. With $898,000 salary I guess he can buy a good Christmas gift to his good friend Paige this year.
The NBA rookie scale contract will pay Jalen a lot more than $898,000. If he is the #3 pick, he is guaranteed 2 years on a 4 yr contract at $8,231,760.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom