Paige mom thinks Paige will use the extra year of eligibility | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Paige mom thinks Paige will use the extra year of eligibility

Reaction Score
Why is it not fair? Does the WNBA bring in the money to support the same pay.. NO
Does the WNBA play the same number of games as the NBA.. NO
Does the WNBA have a tv contract like the NBA...NO
Where in life does it say everything is fair?
Maybe if all things were equal between the men and the women we would see the same type of pay but it isn't. I can't believe that anyone thinks it's justified for any athlete man or woman to make 20 mil for 3 years. No disrespect to the athletes but is there anyone out there who thinks they are more important than the surgeons who preformed open heart surgery on me or any number of people you know. Lay in a ditch trapped in your car waiting to be rescued, tell me of one athlete who is more important than the rescue workers who pull you to safety, the Drs. who treat your life threatening wounds. There are any numbers of examples, I have stated my point and I'll just leave it there.:(
Good points all. About relative importance of athletes vs. surgeons, et. al., I used to believe like you that what the athletes do - entertain - is a luxury, therefore not as important as those life-saving endeavors. This pandemic changed my mind.

The entertainment they provide relieves the mind of life-centric negative thoughts even if only for a few hours. The rise in depressions and consequent suicides during the pandemic indicates such entertainment reaching the millions who are locked down and staying at home serves a vital relief valve and sports reaches tens of thousands, if not millions. It may not be noticeable during normal times but it is now: entertainment of any kind serves a vital purpose. Sports reaches more people than most forms of entertainment. So, what athletes do are important as well and because of the numbers they reach, perhaps even equally, if not more important than a surgeon saving one life? Two or more suicides prevented.....countless depressions relieved....

Just a thought....

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom