Paige joins Athletespeakers Agency | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige joins Athletespeakers Agency

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I wonder if this also means that Paige finally signed an agent and a finance person.
If she didn’t, she put the cart before the horse.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Paige is about to make some $$$$
Not just $$$$, but some serious cheese between now and graduation day (year round). Incoming cold hard cash is now the order of the day for buckets, and will be rolling in 24-7 year round like waves on a sea shore.

She’s going to make so much money, she may begin to feel a little guilty and self-conscious about it as some of her teammates will be making little to nothing. :confused:

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
It also helps to have a healthy and vibrant fan chat room that keeps the players names and interest in the program circulating in the media year round.

I would imagine that the boneyard is so popular and visited daily by fans across the country, it’s more busy and active in the spring and summer than some school’s chat rooms are during the season.

The fact that fans from any wcbb program can come here and post as many comments and reports about their team as they wish might have something to do with it. How many other boards have a welcome mat at the door for non-UConn fans bigger than ours? :eek: You know the answer to that!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thinks this is "too much, too soon?" Just hate where this is going!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thinks this is "too much, too soon?" Just hate where this is going?

Yea, I just love the heck out of her and what she has done for UCONN and the women's game, but that thought has been nagging at me for some time now.

However, my "hedged" thinking is that it'll be ok - Paige has demonstrated on many an occasions she is very grounded, down to earth, and wants to win a NC more than anything......so I think things will be OK for all involved - Paige, UCONN, and us fans.

Reaction Score
Oregon and the Nike Corporate is only 90 miles up the road. Oregon and NIL go hand in hand and will do just fine.

Not only that but the bigger schools have kajillionaire donors that UConn doesn't seem to have. For example, when Penn State wanted to build a new hockey rink on campus they got Terry Pegula (owner of the Buffalo Sabres) to drop $110 million to build a new facility better than anything in our entire state. No haggling with the state, no trying to figure out where they would get the land, just boom plopped a big ol' brand new hockey facility right in the middle of campus like they were installing a new trash can. Same deal with Oklahoma State. When they wanted to upgrade football facilities, they got T. Boone Pickens to open his fat wallet to get it done. Another example, Clemson's ridiculous new facility that's half amusement park half athletic facility. These are the schools with the big time money to pay for the best facilities and top recruits. The potential for recruits to earn the most money at these schools because of NIL will just widen the gap.

Reaction Score
Yea, I just love the heck out of her and what she has done for UCONN and the women's game, but that thought has been nagging at me for some time now.

However, my "hedged" thinking is that it'll be ok - Paige has demonstrated on many an occasions she is very grounded, down to earth, and wants to win a NC more than anything......so I think things will be OK for all involved - Paige, UCONN, and us fans.
What has she done for UConn and the women’s game? Anything that Sue, Maya , Stewie or the White Mamba haven’t ? Fill me in please.

Reaction Score
Hmmmm......ya got some kinda problem I see.....
Yes, I don’t know what she has done for the women’s game and or UConn that hasn’t already been done. Why you call that a problem, I have no idea.

Reaction Score
What has she done for UConn and the women’s game? Anything that Sue, Maya , Stewie or the White Mamba haven’t ? Fill me in please.
Come on, you have making the same statement again and again in different threads. I feel tired for you. And you make me feel like you're salty when Paige could earn much at this stage.

Reaction Score
Come on, you have making the same statement again and again in different threads. I feel tired for you. And you make me feel like you're salty when Paige could earn much at this stage.
So why doesn't someone just answer him then? Should be easy enough to list all of the things Paige has done for women's basketball and UConn. FWIW Geno said "she [Paige] deserves everything she gets for what she has done for the team." He didn't elaborate, but he sees her every day and I don't think he would have said that if it weren't true.

Reaction Score
?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Paige won all the national player of the year awards for which she was eligible, namely the AP Player of the Year, the Naismith College Player of the Year, USBWA Women's National Player of the Year, the Nancy Lieberman Award and the John R. Wooden Award as a freshman which something that none of Sue, Diana, Maya or Stewie did.

You're welcome.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I have said that she hasn’t done anything yet. However that was in regards to winning championships. I don’t believe in honoring potential. Potential just means you haven’t done anything yet.
since you feel tired for me, take a nap or ignore me. To much salt ain’t good for a childhood.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Agreed. I have said that she hasn’t done anything yet. However that was in regards to winning championships. I don’t believe in honoring potential. Potential just means you haven’t done anything yet.
since you feel tired for me, take a nap or ignore me. To much salt ain’t good for a childhood.
Pulido >> Paige. :confused:

Reaction Score
Paige won all the national player of the year awards for which she was eligible, namely the AP Player of the Year, the Naismith College Player of the Year, USBWA Women's National Player of the Year, the Nancy Lieberman Award and the John R. Wooden Award as a freshman which something that none of Sue, Diana, Maya or Stewie did.

You're welcome.
So that somehow make UConn and women’s basketball better. She deserves all her awards. Those are individual awards.

Reaction Score
Ok people I think y’all have this wrong. I’m not denying her greatness or that she potentially can become what all UConn fans want her to be and bring home championships. But come on people, some of y’all have crowned her a savior before the fact. Like someone said before, even the Great Stewie didn’t get this kind of love and we all know what she did for UConn.

Reaction Score
Also would have been tough for Stewie to win NPOY awards her freshman season when the competition was a senior Brittney Griner. Like Diana and Maya, Stewie was a bench player her freshman season. If nothing else Paige had the better opportunity to take home some freshman NPOY hardware than her predecessors.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So that somehow make UConn and women’s basketball better. She deserves all her awards. Those are individual awards.
Lol, uh individual awards in a team sport. And yes having the last season's top player in country most certainly makes UConn basketball better. And having a high profile kid as the face of the sport makes woman's college basketball better.

Pro tip: Don't ask a question if you don't want to hear the answer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom