PAIGE ESPN Player Of The Year | The Boneyard

PAIGE ESPN Player Of The Year

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
This was posted yesterday in it's own thread.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
WNBA point guard and former UConn star Sue Bird said as adept as Bueckers is as a scorer, her ability to facilitate is at a high level, too.

"If she goes out and has five quick assists, that's going to get her just as hyped as if she went out and hit five 3s," said Bird, who is also a women's college basketball analyst for ESPN. "That is my favorite part of her game."

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Usually articles like this are the result of multiple authors (or contributors) but Mechelle seems to be the only author. Her opinion only?

Reaction Score
Congrats to Paige! Happy for her. Well deserved!

Was it me or did the article at times seemed petty? Almost sounded like she cited why Geno thinks she is player of the year, and not so much why they voted her player of the year. In addition, it seems like there is more Power 5 conf propaganda. I feel like we are hearing more about conference inferiority than when we were in the AAC.

Reaction Score

Was it me or did the article at times seemed petty? Almost sounded like she cited why Geno thinks she is player of the year, and not so much why they voted her player of the year. In addition, it seems like there is more Power 5 conf propaganda. I feel like we are hearing more about conference inferiority than when we were in the AAC.
A little bit - I still feel like ESPN has glossed over the South Carolina game in all their stories, which is really the difference in all this. We lose that game, we are maybe a 2 seed, and the best player on the No. 1 team argument is gone. And our signature win is gone too. Then our best win was UT, when she shot 3-14 (with a dagger, but still 3-14).

Reaction Score

I agree. Would they say the same thing talking about a player from the Big 12? I'm not sure they will get more than 3 teams into the tournament either....

Also those conferences have 14 teams. They should get at least 1 or 2 more teams in the tournament than say BE or Big 12 who have fewer teams to start with.

Reaction Score
Can any of the stats gurus tell me how often does the epsn player of the year go on to win the other national player of the year awards?

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
More likely a panel pick of writers/editors, and she was assigned to write the story. Otherwise it would be billed as a Mechelle opinion column and not an ESPN pick.
Although she managed to get a lot of opinion into the article.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
And on that note don't forget to vote for Paige for the naismith award so that she can sweep the awards this season.
Definitely vote for Paige for Naismith. Paige will not sweep the awards because she is not eligible to win the Wade Trophy.

Wade Trophy Criteria (in order of priority):

1. NCAA Division I basketball player (sophomore, junior or senior)

Reaction Score
Congrats to Paige, but that had to be the worst POS article I have ever read.
Mechelle's anti Uconn bias continues to rear its ugly head.
Instead of just praise for her colleague's pick, she had to go through the points as to WHY Paige shouldn't have won..
T

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom