Paige Daily Video Allotment | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Paige Daily Video Allotment

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Very interesting (and surprising) read from fivethirtyeight.com that mentions Paige Bueckers, social media, and the proposed NCAA Name, Image, and Likeness (NIL) rights rule.

That is off the wall.

1589558600139.png

Reaction Score
Very interesting (and surprising) read from fivethirtyeight.com that mentions Paige Bueckers, social media, and the proposed NCAA Name, Image, and Likeness (NIL) rights rule.

Wow Paige is in high school and her Instagram posts are valued at $21,000 each according to the author (for comparison Kylie Jenner is the highest-paid Instagram influencer at $1.2 million per sponsored post). No wonder she's constantly on social media - building her brand. Her potential Instagram earnings with her current 475,000 followers (est. $671,000/year) dwarf what she would be paid by the WNBA for playing basketball. When student athletes are able to go after this money (soon), having a restrictive social media policy could become a big recruiting issue.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
When the NCAA Board of Governors decision came down a few months back, I had jokingly suggested that Paige, if she became the face of WBB, might just earn more than her HC. I don’t think this is a joke anymore. Paige could earn a pile of $$$ before she ever leaves college.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I hope not. He leads the league in whining and in an all-pro front runner.

Yep. Mind blowing but Kyrie is Paige's favorite. :eek:

You would think Curry would be a no brainer

Reaction Score
Although I get nervous thinking that she is overdoing it, they are such good friends that Fudd would have asked her to cool it if it was bothersome. To me it's sounds like just more of the friendly banter they have displayed on videos of the two of them in the gym.
My guess is that Fudd will announce after the high school and college seasons are over. At least I hope so. It will save this board at least a thousand new threads asking "Has Fudd announced yet?" or "Has Fudd released a list of her finalists?" I'd rather read a thousand threads discussing whether this will be the greatest backcourt in wcbb history. :rolleyes:
Alydar, perhaps we can start a tread with Azzi Fudd as a reality star. Mmm, let's see, what to name it. Say Yes to Fudd, Ice Road Fudd, An American Fudd, The Real Fudd, Fudd Rules, True Fudd, Making The Fudd, Fudd's Kitchen, Fudd In The City, Deadliest Fudd, and, finally, Untold Stories Of Fudd.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
When the NCAA Board of Governors decision came down a few months back, I had jokingly suggested that Paige, if she became the face of WBB, might just earn more than her HC. I don’t think this is a joke anymore. Paige could earn a pile of $$$ before she ever leaves college.
Non scholarship walk on?

Reaction Score
Fun to watch her play...….Maybe, Geno will fault her defense, but is very fixable...

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
She admits on one of the videos that she started trash talking in the 4th grade, playing against 6th graders, after hitting a three. And there's a bit when her HS coach is getting them ready for a game and one of his final things was "Don't yap at the refs" as he looks at Bueckers. I have seen her talk to opponents, refs and coaches but it's usually done with a smile. I'm sure some fans of other teams will have different view.
But one thing I know is that viewership will be up. How many UConn games will ESPN want to show?
Give me a player who is cocky to opponents and humble to the team. From all the clips I've seen that appears to be Paige.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Hard to keep track, but I don't believe Hopkins' 2019 state title game win has been posted yet:

2019 State Championship Game: Hopkins vs. Stillwater. Paige Buecker's Flu Game

As I recall it was about a 30 point win.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Paige did not look good energy wise in the 1st half when Stillwater had a 29-27 half time lead.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom