Paige Daily Video Allotment | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Paige Daily Video Allotment

Reaction Score
Yes @Alydar Paige certainly can be cocky, but those who know her also call her humble. The girl has complexity to her. The way she is with her little brother and the way she interacts with all those star struck kids after every game tells me we have ourselves a good one.

She admits on one of the videos that she started trash talking in the 4th grade, playing against 6th graders, after hitting a three. And there's a bit when her HS coach is getting them ready for a game and one of his final things was "Don't yap at the refs" as he looks at Bueckers. I have seen her talk to opponents, refs and coaches but it's usually done with a smile. I'm sure some fans of other teams will have different view.
But one thing I know is that viewership will be up. How many UConn games will ESPN want to show?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
She admits on one of the videos that she started trash talking in the 4th grade, playing against 6th graders, after hitting a three. And there's a bit when her HS coach is getting them ready for a game and one of his final things was "Don't yap at the refs" as he looks at Bueckers. I have seen her talk to opponents, refs and coaches but it's usually done with a smile. I'm sure some fans of other teams will have different view.
But one thing I know is that viewership will be up. How many UConn games will ESPN want to show?
Starting next year only Husky games that ESPN can show is the road games that are ACC, SEC, Big Ten, and Big 12. All of the other games will be on either Fox Networks, CBS Networks, or SNY. So I guess almost all of the Non Conference road games will be on ESPN.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Paige Bueckers puts on a show as Hopkins Girls Basketball plays at Cooper on Dec. 3, 2019

However, the leading scorer of the game would be Paige Bueckers with 26 points, 7 assists, and 4 steals.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Friday Quarantine Hopkins - Wayzata Special #1: Last regular season game of 2019 for Paige Bueckers

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Friday Quarantine Hopkins - Wayzata Special #2: Paige Bueckers scores 27 in 2019-20 Home Game

Paige Bueckers would score 27 and add 7 assists with 8 defensive rebounds.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Didn't know what an Athena Award was. "The ATHENA Leadership Award was inspired by the goddess of Greek mythology known for her strength, courage, wisdom and enlightenment - qualities embodied in the ATHENA Leadership Model. The Award is unique in both scope---local, national and international---and the ATHENA mission upon which it is based. "

How is it relevant here you ask?

More about the Athena program: ATHENA Leadership Award — ATHENA International

Reaction Score
They put out a 10 minute "Crazy Vision" vid today too.

just imagine how many easy buckets ONO will be getting next season................if she doesn't average at least 18 points a game I'll be shocked.......

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
They put out a 10 minute "Crazy Vision" vid today too.

Can you see some of the officials just going crazy with idiot calls. Travel, carrying the ball, double dribble. They haven't seen too many women do these things and will believe that they can't do it.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Never seen this one before. Been out for a month or two. Guy breaks down what she is doing. She's filmed at clinics full of very competitive kids and she makes them all look bad.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Can you see some of the officials just going crazy with idiot calls. Travel, carrying the ball, double dribble. They haven't seen too many women do these things and will believe that they can't do it.

Or they will be so amazed, they will forget they have a whistle. :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Never seen this one before. Been out for a month or two. Guy breaks down what she is doing. She's filmed at clinics full of very competitive kids and she makes them all look bad.

But he said Paige is a small (framed) guard. Maybe 5' 9". :confused:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
But he said Paige is a small (framed) guard. Maybe 5' 9". :confused:
Yes, that was weird. Obviously does not know her and going strictly off tape. Still he is pretty good at breaking down what we are looking at.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, that was weird. Obviously does not know her and going strictly off tape. Still he is pretty good at breaking down what we are looking at.

He pronounced her name with a U sound. The U is silent in her name, and most people learn that quickly if they’ve been following her closely.

Sue Bird recently made the same mistake and, as a fledgling broadcaster, you would think she would know how to say her name by now.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
He pronounced her name with a U sound. The U is silent in her name, and most people learn that quickly if they’ve been following her closely.

Sue Bird recently made the same mistake and, as a fledgling broadcaster, you would think she would know how to say her name by now.

I guess Sue was thrown off by her name Sue. ;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Paige Unleashed. :)

She’s ready to join UConn’s transcendent players such as Rebecca Lobo, Diana Taurasi, Maya Moore and Breanna Stewart. And like Stewart did, she is coming to Storrs expecting to win four national championships. “(Stewart) was just saying what everybody else was thinking, and I think the same thing.

“The fact people are saying the dynasty is over and that UConn is no longer the team to beat, and UConn is not as good as they were definitely makes me mad,” Bueckers said. “They had three losses all to teams in the top 5. It is crazy that people have lost respect that soon. If it was any other program, it would be considered a great year. For UConn the standard is set so high, but that is what I love about them. It gets me excited. I love playing under pressure and having a target on my back.”

“I always tell people, ‘You might be a better defender than me. You might be a better shooter than me. You might be a better finisher than me, but you will never be a better passer than me,’” Bueckers said. “I also take pride in my I.Q. and my ability to make my teammates and those around me better. I am a pretty good shooter and a pretty good finisher. I am a good dribbler, but I will always take pride in my passing first.”

“It is a really big compliment, because every time Coach Geno speaks it is words of wisdom, and I believe everything he says,” Bueckers said. “I trust him. I know he trusts me, and that is why he said it. It just makes our relationship stronger. He told me that pressure is only a real thing when you are asked to do something you can’t do. I know when I am under him and with the whole coaching staff and my teammates that we can accomplish great things. I know we can win a national championship. So it is really no pressure.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Paige Unleashed. :)

She’s ready to join UConn’s transcendent players such as Rebecca Lobo, Diana Taurasi, Maya Moore and Breanna Stewart. And like Stewart did, she is coming to Storrs expecting to win four national championships. “(Stewart) was just saying what everybody else was thinking, and I think the same thing.

“The fact people are saying the dynasty is over and that UConn is no longer the team to beat, and UConn is not as good as they were definitely makes me mad,” Bueckers said. “They had three losses all to teams in the top 5. It is crazy that people have lost respect that soon. If it was any other program, it would be considered a great year. For UConn the standard is set so high, but that is what I love about them. It gets me excited. I love playing under pressure and having a target on my back.”

“I always tell people, ‘You might be a better defender than me. You might be a better shooter than me. You might be a better finisher than me, but you will never be a better passer than me,’” Bueckers said. “I also take pride in my I.Q. and my ability to make my teammates and those around me better. I am a pretty good shooter and a pretty good finisher. I am a good dribbler, but I will always take pride in my passing first.”

“It is a really big compliment, because every time Coach Geno speaks it is words of wisdom, and I believe everything he says,” Bueckers said. “I trust him. I know he trusts me, and that is why he said it. It just makes our relationship stronger. He told me that pressure is only a real thing when you are asked to do something you can’t do. I know when I am under him and with the whole coaching staff and my teammates that we can accomplish great things. I know we can win a national championship. So it is really no pressure.
Paige appears to have a bit of an edge. I like that. :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Both smart and wise young lady. And a smart aleck. Definitely layers to Paige Bueckers.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I don't think this has been posted?? Came out in late March from a Coach Sorokin offering his observations on Paige's game.

Reactions: GG

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I don't think this has been posted?? Came out in late March from a Coach Sorokin offering his observations on Paige's game.

Posted two pages back, but it's a very interesting video. Doesn't hurt to get posted again.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Two days after Kobe Bryant's helicopter crash, Hopkins played a Lake Conference game at Minnetonka -- the 19th game of the season. To honor Kobe, who wore numbers 8 and 24, Paige scored 24 points with 8 assists in a 81-53 win. Bueckers also collected 9 rebounds and 5 steals.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This has been around a while, but it's a lot of fun. Chloe Pavlech puts Paige to the test and there is a surprize guest .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom