Paige and Azzi

Reaction Score
71N0qy.gif
Cant wait

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Silly me, I thought Paige would head home to MN after being away since July. I guess she’ll get there eventually, probably after making stops in Williamsville, NY, Fort Wayne, IN, San Diego.......

Reaction Score
Looks like they were working out at DeMatha High School today...can the season start already?? ?

I've followed wcbb since the early eighties and I can't recall a team adding two players in back to back recruiting classes that were both labeled "generational" talents. I could be wrong but off of the top of my head I can't think of another program.

Reaction Score
I've followed wcbb since the early eighties and I can't recall a team adding two players in back to back recruiting classes that were both labeled "generational" talents. I could be wrong but off of the top of my head I can't think of another program.
What about Maya and Delle Donne? Otherwise Maya and Stewie are about as close you'll get.

Reaction Score
Maya and Stewie were not back to back recruiting classes. Paige and Azzi will play together for 3yrs!!
Hence why I said "about as close as you'll get." Maya and Stewie were I think five years apart. If you have a closer pairing than that of two generational talents going to one team let's hear it. You could also make the argument of Bird and Taurasi who were even closer. Probably need a better word rather than generational to describe these players since there have been a bunch in the last 20 years.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Paige is one year older she can enter the draft Jr year if she chooses

I believe the same is true for Azzi. She was born on Nov. 11, 2002 and is draft eligible in 2024.

Reaction Score
Tina and Maya? Both were starters on the Olympic team; how more generational can one be.
I loved Tina Charles but she was not labeled a "generational" talent being the #1 recruit doesn't necessarily make you a generational talent.
Hence why I said "about as close as you'll get." Maya and Stewie were I think five years apart. If you have a closer pairing than that of two generational talents going to one team let's hear it. You could also make the argument of Bird and Taurasi who were even closer. Probably need a better word rather than generational to describe these players since there have been a bunch in the last 20 years.
Gotcha...

Reaction Score
You could also make the argument of Bird and Taurasi who were even closer. Probably need a better word rather than generational to describe these players since there have been a bunch in the last 20 years.

There are players that became "generational" talents but were they labeled that coming out of HS? that's the difference here with Paige/Azzi. Sue and Diana playing in the same backcourt looking back at it is astonishing because we know what they became. Was Sue Bird considered a generational talent or a piece of great recruiting class? Did anyone really think that Diana would become arguably the greatest women's college bballer ever when she was at Don Lugo HS in Chino, Ca?
I don't know if there is a better word to describe this kind of talent, transcendent maybe? but generational is the term that has always been used.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom