Paige and Analytics | The Boneyard

Paige and Analytics

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Wasting my life away browsing basketball I found this gem from yesterday which I don't believe has been posted here.

Here's a snippet:

"But to really appreciate what Bueckers is doing, it's best to take a look through her Synergy stats. Synergy compiles basketball data to provide advanced analytical feedback for coaches, scouts and executives. It breaks down player performance in very specific game situations like pick-and-roll ball handling in single coverage and non-post-up shots around the basket.

It then ranks players in those categories against their competition. And that's where Bueckers' numbers truly pop."

"In five categories related to spot-up plays, Bueckers ranks in the 100th percentile. That means nobody in college basketball is as statistically good as Bueckers at spot-up shooting, no-dribble jumpers and drives to the left in spot-up situations.

In short, Bueckers is the standalone best as a spot-up player. In roughly one-third of the categories analyzed, Bueckers is elite — in the 90th percentile — including most of the categories that break down overall offense.

In the areas where she doesn't rank in the 90th percentile, she's largely merely outstanding, ranking in the 80th percentile or better in 60 categories."

It's got a couple of play videos embedded too and a very interesting analytics chart. Hope you enjoy it.

Reaction Score
I've got a math degree and am a retired actuary.

I don't need analytics to tell me that Bueckers is really, really, really good. It's the old "eye test."

Is she the best college player I've ever seen? Not yet - it would be Breanna Stewart for me. But my guess is that before Bueckers is done she will be.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Wasting my life away browsing basketball I found this gem from yesterday which I don't believe has been posted here.

Here's a snippet:

"But to really appreciate what Bueckers is doing, it's best to take a look through her Synergy stats. Synergy compiles basketball data to provide advanced analytical feedback for coaches, scouts and executives. It breaks down player performance in very specific game situations like pick-and-roll ball handling in single coverage and non-post-up shots around the basket.

It then ranks players in those categories against their competition. And that's where Bueckers' numbers truly pop."

"In five categories related to spot-up plays, Bueckers ranks in the 100th percentile. That means nobody in college basketball is as statistically good as Bueckers at spot-up shooting, no-dribble jumpers and drives to the left in spot-up situations.

In short, Bueckers is the standalone best as a spot-up player. In roughly one-third of the categories analyzed, Bueckers is elite — in the 90th percentile — including most of the categories that break down overall offense.

In the areas where she doesn't rank in the 90th percentile, she's largely merely outstanding, ranking in the 80th percentile or better in 60 categories."

It's got a couple of play videos embedded too and a very interesting analytics chart. Hope you enjoy it.

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you wasting your life away so that I can also waste my life away watching and reading this stuff. Still waiting on second jab, and wife's first. So we are a month and a half away from meaningful living. Thank you for helping to bridge that gap.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I've got a math degree and am a retired actuary.
I don't need analytics to tell me that Bueckers is really, really, really good. It's the old "eye test."
Careful with the eye test. Mean Joe Greene was asked the about Steelers' 6'4" 204 lb. small college (Kent State) middle linebacker. Greene responded "He doesn't pass the eye test but (widening his eyes) he can play football!"

Reaction Score
Careful with the eye test. Mean Joe Greene was asked the about Steelers' 6'4" 204 lb. small college (Kent State) middle linebacker. Greene responded "He doesn't pass the eye test but (widening his eyes) he can play football!"
Jack Lambert with Mean Joe Greene
1616811370927.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom