PAC12 & Big 12 playing footsies… | Page 3 | The Boneyard

PAC12 & Big 12 playing footsies…

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
If big-Pac-acc are forming any kind of alliance (even a meaningless one) then that looks very very bad for the b12. They need to act fast to show that they are still a player in FB.

if Bowlsby is any good (and not Tranghese 2.0) he is on negotiations right now with Boise BYU Cinci Hous UCF USF. Add those 6 and you’ve got a FB conference comparable to the PAC and ACC.

Bonus: it destroys their nearest competitor, the AAc
Disagree, no national powers in that group. Although the PAC needs to get more out of Oregon and USC.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The Big 12 is done for. This news just verifies the reality that no one wants any of those schools and the other conferences are looking to squeeze out additional mouths to feed. If anything, UT and OU helped cut 8 seats out of the table so there's more money to go around for the rest of the now P4.

I doubt any of the P4 will toss a life line to any of the remaining Big 12 schools as they bring nothing to the table except another mouth to feed. With this alliance, there's no incentive to add any of the remaining schools.

The only reason to possibly reach out to a school would be one of Texas Tech, Baylor, or TCU. This is ONLY because it gets a game in TX but none of those schools are worth anything so I just can't see it.....

Reaction Score
Disagree, no national powers in that group. Although the PAC needs to get more out of Oregon and USC.
Reputationally yes, but 3 teams in the top 25 (Cinci IaSt UCF) and others capable (Boise BYU KSt Bay Hous). In terms of quality of product it could match the PAC & ACC.
You could debate whether it would work, but does it have any other options if it wants to try to stay relevant?

Reaction Score
We already know the end result of the football drift...Pangea....and a few far flung islands in the vast blue of the non continent earth.

Reaction Score

Hadn’t thought about the rest of the p4 refusing to play any sec schools and primarily scheduling each other in the non con schedule
I don’t think not scheduling SEC hurts the SEC. that gives them an even bigger excuse for their mid season cupcakes against Wofford, Mercer, Samford .

plus if a school on the rise trying to make a splash, eg Indiana, gets offered a game against Alabama or Georgia, no way they’re turning it down

Reaction Score
I don’t think not scheduling SEC hurts the SEC. that gives them an even bigger excuse for their mid season cupcakes against Wofford, Mercer, Samford .

plus if a school on the rise trying to make a splash, eg Indiana, gets offered a game against Alabama or Georgia, no way they’re turning it down
Unless thru the alliance they can schedule USC/UCLA or Clemson/Florida St

Reaction Score
Unless thru the alliance they can schedule USC/UCLA or Clemson/Florida St
Right now, beating USC UCLA FLAST does nothing to say "we are a CFP contender."
And I'm not sure Clemson is going to be able to schedule 10 non-conference games every year.

Reaction Score
Right now, beating USC UCLA FLAST does nothing to say "we are a CFP contender."
And I'm not sure Clemson is going to be able to schedule 10 non-conference games every year.
What do you mean 10 OOC games? They play 3 or 4 OOC so 1 each against the big10 and pac and 1 or 2 cupcakes

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A shared stance on NCAA governance is a big detail.

Reaction Score
The Alliance could eventually lead to a single TV contract and a merger of all 3 conferences. It all depends on the TV dollars.

Reaction Score
12 team playoff now on life support...

West Virginia president Gordon Gee said that he believes College Football Playoff expansion is "on life support" and that he will not vote in favor of the proposed 12-team model when the CFP board of managers meets next month.

Gee serves on the CFP board of managers, which is set to meet Sept. 28 to discuss the proposal further. The 11 presidents and chancellors who serve on the board have ultimate authority over the format.

"I think [expansion] is on life support now," Gee said. "I have one of the votes and I think it nearly needs to be unanimous and I'm not voting for it. I think the Big Ten will not vote for it and the Pac 12 will probably not vote for it either.

"It's one of those ideas that I think was very good when there was stability. When there's instability, the idea becomes less appropriate."

ESPN learned the board vote must be unanimous to proceed forward with the expansion plan.

Reaction Score
I think they land at 8 teams. Probably an open-ended defined top 4 conference champions + 4 at large setup. The lower schools have their legs cut out because "all you have to do is be one of the top 4 conference champions" to get in.

Reaction Score
The Alliance could eventually lead to a single TV contract and a merger of all 3 conferences. It all depends on the TV dollars.
Why on earth would BiG schools want to share their revenue with Washington St and Wake Forest?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom