Pac 12 Conference Outlook | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Pac 12 Conference Outlook

Reaction Score
This Oregon team continues to perplex me. Nice to read that they won against Arizona, however I really thought they'd be a lot more competitive this season. Question - does this help them with a tournament bid? Was reading an article where it's possible they don't make it.

Reaction Score
Yeah those games threw me off. What time did Stanford/Colorado start playing?

Yes! Oregon gets a win. I was not expecting a win against Arizona but definitely will take the win. Breaking that 7-game losing streak.
2PM Pacific time, 3PM local time. I was just lucky I was curious about start time and checked at 1PM.

Reaction Score
This Oregon team continues to perplex me. Nice to read that they won against Arizona, however I really thought they'd be a lot more competitive this season. Question - does this help them with a tournament bid? Was reading an article where it's possible they don't make it.
Funny year. A lot of close losses. Some of it may be “blood in the water“ syndrome. Teams that Oregon has dominated for 6 years smell an opportunity. And take it.
regardless I think Crème has jumped the gun a bit eliminating the Ducks. Next two games ASU and first round Pac-12 tourney foe UW. Looks to me like two wins there. NET has Ducks at #21. Maybe there is puzzlement with that but there it sits.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
You, and every Duck fan I know. There are probably lots of reasons for the team's failures, beginning with losing their starting center before the the first game, but the most telling imo is that the Paopao of the last two seasons cratered beginning with the team's visit to her home city right before Christmas, and has only climbed back out over the past two games. Had she been the Paopao of old throughout the season then I believe that some/many? of the team's close losses (and there have been a bunch; thus the NET and Massey, who ranks Oregon #16 in the Power column!) would have been wins. If they do make the tournament--and, according to Creme that would take 3 more wins--I don't think they'll be a welcome opponent for many higher seeded teams in the early rounds.

Reaction Score
OSU WBB Team has had an unbelievable season. I lay the blame entirely on the coaching staff. The lineup Rueck had on the floor last night in 2nd half was unbelievable. Rueck's unwillingness to call a timeout during the ASU run, and/or change his lineup was unfathomable. The OSU fans are darn loyal,. If Rueck plays team members that will be gone next season in the PAC-12 Tournament, OSU WBB is at risk of losing our Freshmen/Sophomore core to the portal. Rueck needs to hurry up and get it together for the future of OSU WBB program.

Reaction Score
Funny year. A lot of close losses. Some of it may be “blood in the water“ syndrome. Teams that Oregon has dominated for 6 years smell an opportunity. And take it.
regardless I think Crème has jumped the gun a bit eliminating the Ducks. Next two games ASU and first round Pac-12 tourney foe UW. Looks to me like two wins there. NET has Ducks at #21. Maybe there is puzzlement with that but there it sits.
The "blood in the water" thing is quite real. Imagine the glee when Stanford has a few down years.

Reaction Score
OSU WBB Team has had an unbelievable season. I lay the blame entirely on the coaching staff. The lineup Rueck had on the floor last night in 2nd half was unbelievable. Rueck's unwillingness to call a timeout during the ASU run, and/or change his lineup was unfathomable. The OSU fans are darn loyal,. If Rueck plays team members that will be gone next season in the PAC-12 Tournament, OSU WBB is at risk of losing our Freshmen/Sophomore core to the portal. Rueck needs to hurry up and get it together for the future of OSU WBB program.
I don't think changing the line up matters at this point. Oregon was short on enough talent too but Oregon State even shorter in key positions. It all ways lies with any coaching staff as it should. Believe me Graves has been getting hammered at a high level too.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Colorado crushed Cal and finished in 3rd. I certainly didn't predict the Mountain schools to do this well.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
The "blood in the water" thing is quite real. Imagine the glee when Stanford has a few down years.
Don't have to imagine. Lookup our results between the 2014-15 and 2019-2020 seasons. One final four run in the mix, and we didn't win the regular season conference title once during that 7 year stretch...

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Don't know what's been going on all season, but Oregon seemed to find themselves. After a convincing win against Arizona on Thursday, they destroyed Arizona St. today. Caught up to UW to tie for 8th place.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
and we have our 2nd 2 OT game of the weekend in the Pac

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Zany. After several big wins recently, Arizona is gonna manage to lose 2 in a row to teams that absolutely haven't been able to beat anybody. What a disastrous weekend for them.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford/Utah 1st, Colorado 3rd, Arizona/UCLA/USC log jam for 4th, Washington St. 7th, Oregon/Washington 8th, Cal/Oregon St. 10th, Arizona St. in the cellar.

Reaction Score
Te-Hina Paopao goes 7-10 from 3 today. 5-8 and 6-9 in the previous two games. 22, 21, and 23 points since she got her groove back.

The 6 previous games starting with @Stanford Paopao was 9-54 overall (16 %) and 2-19 from 3. 6/13 assist to TO ratio after leading the nation early in positive A/TO ratio and top 10 thru mid January..
Just terrible numbers.

We will never know for sure what goes on in these young women's personal lIves… nor should we as fans. Our job is to love and support them as people first, then as student athletes. Just glad she was able to work through it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So, I read the “overnights” with coffee.

Massey ranking: Utah fell one spot in Massey for beating Stanford. Stanford did not move for losing.

Neither team moved in RPI. In Nolan Warren’s ELI rankings, Stanford did not move. Utah jumped 5 spots to number 8. Think they were under ranked yesterday at 13?

I have never liked the results of Massey’s algorithm , so it’s just one more example.

Reaction Score
The conference tourney in Vegas is gonna be CRAZY. Just about any team is capable of winning or losing against any other team.
I think the PAC is the conference where home court advantage is most important due to distance an the weird back to back road schedules. ( I really need to research to support or negate this theory). Just an impression I have developed this season.

Anyway, nobody will have a home court advantage in the tourney, so I expect we will see fewer upsets than in the regular season and the cream will rise to the top. I could easily be wrong.:confused:

Reaction Score
So, I read the “overnights” with coffee.

Massey ranking: Utah fell one spot in Massey for beating Stanford. Stanford did not move for losing.

Neither team moved in RPI. In Nolan Warren’s ELI rankings, Stanford did not move. Utah jumped 5 spots to number 8. Think they were under ranked yesterday at 13?

I have never liked the results of Massey’s algorithm , so it’s just one more example.
It is what teams ahead of you do too that affect the rating. Higher up less movement. Arizona moved down one spot and Oregon State move down 3 spots after the win against Arizona. But when your at 60 more shuffling is possible than at 18.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom