Overseas 2021-22 Thread | The Boneyard

Overseas 2021-22 Thread

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
There used to be an "Overseas Thread" that one of the regular posters updated weekly with players overseas and what they scored, or if they signed with various teams. I cant find it in any of the forums. Was it removed?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Found a couple. Probably you're thinking of the first of the following two?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score

Thanks, but Awhom111 started one for 2021-22 and it seems to be gone or deleted.

Reaction Score
Bria Hartley just returned to Turkey (Fenerbahce), after a very long break (1,5 years) where she rejoins Kiah Stokes -
Gabby Williams continues with Sopron in Hungary & Euroleague + she is in the 16 players pool to play for FRANCE in the Women's World Cup Qualifying Tournament -
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis continues her own "Tour de France" playing this year in La-Roche-sur-Yon (La Roche Vendée) -

Breanna Stewart said in an interview she was planning to go back to UMMC Ekaterinburg (RUS) if her body agrees ...
Katie Lou Samuelson enjoys a great season in Spain (Perfumerias Avenida Salamanca) with her sister Karlie -
Tiffany Hayes plays for Mersin (Turkey) - Azura Stevens for Nika Syktyvkar (Russia)

I think Barbara Turner (a.k.a. Bahar Ozturk) has finally retired after her years and years "Tour of Turkey", not sure about the retirement but don't see either of her names anywhere ...

Evelyn Adebayo is in Torun (Poland)
Kyla Irwin, Heidelberg (Germany)
Anna Makurat, Gorzow (Poland)
Megan Walker started the season in Spain playing for Clarinos Tenerife, then b****hit happened and she and 3/4 other players quitted without saying a word to the team, don't know much about this but seems there was big trouble -

Reaction Score
EuroLeague Women (a better version of the WNBA, IMHO) has a good link :

they also have a channel on Youtube where you can watch games live and replays for free

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I LOVE this thread. Please keep posting updates - maybe at the end of the month, it can be closed and a new thread started a-la the recruiting thread!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Here is the best translation I could find. Sounds like a Cluster F*

Megan Walker and Janelle Bailey have made the decision to leave Tenerife without notifying the club in advance. Last Thursday they did not go to training and when they tried to locate them they were already outside of Spain. For this reason, the purple entity has decided to start the complaint process before FIBA, since both players were up to date with payments and had no reason to leave the Tenerife discipline. Also, last week the club reached a separation agreement with Macarena Rosset and Ivana Tikvic. The club is undergoing reconstruction and new additions will be announced in the next few days.

Reaction Score
For overseas, that's what I found, don't see Tina Charles, Stef Dolson, Kia Nurse anywhere ...
Last time I read about Kaili McLaren, she was in Australia with Kia Nurse -

DT, Napheesa Collier & Breanna Stewart are mothers first for the moment , have 2022 good nights Ladies :D

don't know about Crystal Dangerfield outside the W

and well, I'm desperate to see Saniya back in a league (career = the W, Israel & Bulgaria) last appeared in a Vegas Camp in 2019

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For overseas, that's what I found, don't see Tina Charles, Stef Dolson, Kia Nurse anywhere ...
Last time I read about Kaili McLaren, she was in Australia with Kia Nurse -

DT, Napheesa Collier & Breanna Stewart are mothers first for the moment , have 2022 good nights Ladies :D

don't know about Crystal Dangerfield outside the W

and well, I'm desperate to see Saniya back in a league (career = the W, Israel & Bulgaria) last appeared in a Vegas Camp in 2019
Kia Nurse is still rehabbing from her ACL tear from last W season, so she won't play overseas this year.

Reaction Score
For any mod reading, I tried to PM about it, but apparently I cannot. I had to contact @ochoopsfan on a different platform to see if he could see his posts on the thread.

The thread he was wondering about is still identified by search engines:

Here is a link for Google's cached version:

I LOVE this thread. Please keep posting updates - maybe at the end of the month, it can be closed and a new thread started a-la the recruiting thread!

That was kind of the point of the original thread on a season-long basis instead of by month.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Crystal Dangerfield has signed to play in Israel. The translation is shoddy, but pretty much she’s replacing Courtney Williams, who they signed on a short term contract to replace Kelsey Mitchell. She’s out of isolation tomorrow and her first game will be next Monday.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Crystal Dangerfield has signed to play in Israel. The translation is shoddy, but pretty much she’s replacing Courtney Williams, who they signed on a short term contract to replace Kelsey Mitchell. She’s out of isolation tomorrow and her first game will be next Monday.

The translation from Hebrew to English. Please remember translations some times change words, i.e. what college Crystal went too.

The women's basketball team of Elitzur Neve David Ramla announces this morning that it has signed the American coordinator Crystal Dangerfield (23, 1.65 meters) who was selected in the draft 2020 in 16th place by Minnesota Lynx from the WNBA.
Dangerfield will replace Courtney Williams, who arrived a month ago after serving as a temporary replacement for the injured Kelsey Mitchell. Dangerfield in its debut season in the world's best league was named Rookie Player of the Year in 2020 after finishing as Minnesota Lynx's leading scorer when she recorded 16.2 points per game with 3.6 assists in 30 minutes of play on average. Last summer in the Links uniform she finished with 7.7 points, 2.8 assists in 20 minutes of play on average.
Dangerfield, is a graduate of Y'ukon Connecticut University and in her final season there, the 2019/2020 season she put up an impressive stat line of 15 points, 3.9 assists, 3.7 rebounds and 1.8 steals in 35 minutes of play. In March 2020 she recorded an achievement in which she qualified for the all-time fifth place at Yukon University in the assist category with 225 assists for one season. Elitzur Neve David Ramla's coach, Shira Elyona, said: "We knew Courtney had arrived this month so we were looking for a leading ball player to upgrade us. I hope Crystal Dangerfield's adaptation will be quick and we will continue the positive momentum the team is in."
Dangerfield, which is already in Israel, will end its isolation period tomorrow and then join the team's staff. She is expected to make her debut this coming Monday in the 14th round of the Athena Wiener Women's Basketball League, when Elitzur Neve David Ramla will play an away game against Zissman against Maccabi Urbani Ramat Gan.
Athena Israel Elitzur Ramla

Reaction Score
Bria makes her debut with Fenerbahce:

Being able to claim 35% of Turks as supporters of your club requires starting early:
45b69831-9586-43ca-aea2-d0c603741a61.jpg

Reaction Score
Crystal's debut did not happen on Monday. Too many of her teammates tested positive, but the postponement was not finalized until both teams were in the gym. The other team wanted to play in the hopes of securing an easy win and the two executives got in an argument and nearly had a fight. When American fans say that they want their team owners to care more, that is probably not what they mean.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Crystal's debut did not happen on Monday. Too many of her teammates tested positive, but the postponement was not finalized until both teams were in the gym. The other team wanted to play in the hopes of securing an easy win and the two executives got in an argument and nearly had a fight. When American fans say that they want their team owners to care more, that is probably not what they mean.
I am surprised in a professional setting that this does not result in a forfeit especially when both teams travel to the stadium.

Reaction Score
I am surprised in a professional setting that this does not result in a forfeit especially when both teams travel to the stadium.

Fortunately Ramat Gan and Ramla are not too far apart.

There are still wild rumors floating around about this situation including fake test results so the league will probably have to take time to investigate to figure out what to do with each game. Israeli sports media has accused league management of incompetence on matters unrelated to the virus so they are not being shy about criticizing them for this situation. For now, most of the next set of games have been postponed. They had not had a postponement before, unlike some leagues that have had them even earlier in the season, but everything hit on the same day for them and makes it look poorly handled.

At least it was not quite as public a farce as one of the other games, which one of teams did not want to play, but was forced to, so they took some shot clock violations on offense and tried to foul out all their players on defense, managing to get the game stopped by the halfway point of the first quarter due to not having enough players.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Here is the best translation I could find. Sounds like a Cluster F*

Megan Walker and Janelle Bailey have made the decision to leave Tenerife without notifying the club in advance. Last Thursday they did not go to training and when they tried to locate them they were already outside of Spain. For this reason, the purple entity has decided to start the complaint process before FIBA, since both players were up to date with payments and had no reason to leave the Tenerife discipline. Also, last week the club reached a separation agreement with Macarena Rosset and Ivana Tikvic. The club is undergoing reconstruction and new additions will be announced in the next few days.
Not a good year for Ms Walker

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
It’ll be very interesting to see what happens now that she walked away from her team in Spain and is in this situation.
Because of the way that she left the Euro team she may have burned a bridge with FIBA.

Reaction Score
In a Euro league game just played in Venice, KLS was 6 for 6 from three and had 23 points during a 110-69 romp by her Spanish team. Sister Karlie had 17 points and Kahleah Copper kept up the torrid pace she's enjoyed since joining the team with 29 points. Perfumerias Avenida is now 8-2 in '21-22 after finishing runnerup last season to Stewie's Russian-based team.

Katie Lou was MVP of the Spanish league last season and was a Euro all-star, further showing her steady evolution as a player after several injuries hampered her early WNBA career (not to mention being saddled with Marina Mabrey and Arike Ogunbowale as teammates in Dallas).

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
In a Euro league game just played in Venice, KLS was 6 for 6 from three and had 23 points during a 110-69 romp by her Spanish team. Sister Karlie had 17 points and Kahleah Copper kept up the torrid pace she's enjoyed since joining the team with 29 points. Perfumerias Avenida is now 8-2 in '21-22 after finishing runnerup last season to Stewie's Russian-based team.

Katie Lou was MVP of the Spanish league last season and was a Euro all-star, further showing her steady evolution as a player after several injuries hampered her early WNBA career (not to mention being saddled with Marina Mabrey and Arike Ogunbowale as teammates in Dallas).
One correction, the game was played in Salamanca, Spain, not Venice.
Lou also had 6 rebounds, and all of this in 22+ minutes.

Replay and box score at Perfumerias Avenida v Umana Reyer boxscore - EuroLeague Women 2021-22 - 15 January - FIBA.basketball

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom