Our Seniors | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Our Seniors

Reaction Score
I'd take any of the 3 back with open arms. I'm skeptical any of them come back just from realistic standpoint of their basketball careers and the chance to make money though

Reaction Score
springs isnt going from 12th man to the 4th big in the rotation but he still has 4 years of eligibility to carve out a role

are we also penciling in akok for 30 mpg next year? no reservations at all?
You have no clue if that's true.

Reaction Score
springs isnt going from 12th man to the 4th big in the rotation but he still has 4 years of eligibility to carve out a role

are we also penciling in akok for 30 mpg next year? no reservations at all?

He's the 12th man and also the 4th big right now though? You're comparing the whole team and the bigs rotation... which makes no sense.

Reaction Score
With all of the "stuff" they had to deal with it's a shame they won't be getting a Standing O at full Gampel on Sat.

Odd year. What can you do but wish them well in the BET/Tournament and Life after UConn.

Thanks for having the onions to stick around.
They should be invited to take part in Senior Night next year when fans are allowed back in the building.

Reaction Score
Didn't find the right thread to put this... but the wife and I were looking at this throwback video made by her friends at UConn after Kemba's majestic run for the natty. Can't believe its about to be 10 years. We felt a bit old today.

Reaction Score
He's the 12th man and also the 4th big right now though? You're comparing the whole team and the bigs rotation... which makes no sense.
gotta disagree on both points. akok is the 4th big and springs isn't in the "rotation" because he doesnt play

you just posted agreeing we need another big so i'm not sure what point you are trying to make here

Last edited:

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
If IW leaves, I would be thrilled if Josh came back to be a backup Center. I’d be shocked if we have better options to be a pure backup 5 than that.
serious question: if he did return, is he at his ceiling now, or would he get better? if he could get marginally better in his weak spots, he'd be a solid backup imho

Reaction Score
You have no clue if that's true.
but whether or not it's true, are you willing to bet on him and go into next season with only the 4 aforementioned bigs? i'm not and was expressing my skepticism

Reaction Score
whether or not it's true, are you willing to bet on it and go into the season with the 4 aforementioned bigs? because that was the position i was arguing against
Yes. We have a three bigs rotation this season with Whaley 28 mins per game, Sanogo 17, and Josh 12.

Reaction Score
This is the most joyous post in a long time. It's not over yet either ! They'll have a chance ro cement themselves in a very , very special place in Uconn history if they make a run. I'ts been wonderful to read everybody's reactions so far. Love this team

Reaction Score
I’d shockingly probably want Tyler to return the most. We are going to need outside shooting
I actually prefer Whaley as you gives you the most with his talent. Tyler I won't missed those blank box scores.

Reaction Score
Serious question: if the priority is winning games what is the argument against Whaley coming back next year?

I’d like to hear someone make it (preferably without overstating the impact a raw high school senior is going to have).

Reaction Score
Yes. We have a three bigs rotation this season with Whaley 28 mins per game, Sanogo 17, and Josh 12.
if one of sanogo/akok/johnson gets hurt next year and misses significant time we'd be screwed and we don't even know if akok will be 100% to start next season

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I see Josh and Tyler playing overseas next season. Whaley looks like a G league talent to me.

Thanks to all three Seniors. I hope that all get the start against Georgetown.

Reaction Score
I’d shockingly probably want Tyler to return the most. We are going to need outside shooting
Funny you say that because I was thinking Josh would be a very welcome player to stick around.

Between Akok/Johnson/Springs we have size, but Sanogo is the only guy we have that I feel comfortable starting at the 5. Josh's presence wouldn't interfere with Sanogo's development but would be very valuable in a backup role and an emergency starter.

Of course, Whaley would be great, but for his own good, I want him to capitalize on his great year and make that $$$. With Sanogo in his sophomore year, Akok healthier, Samson coming in and Springs looking for minutes, Whaley probably will not have the same opportunity to play as much as he has this year.

All three have been very good Huskies! Thank you Isaiah, Tyler and Josh for your hard work and talent!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom