Other Bowl Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Other Bowl Game Thread

Reaction Score
What a game Pitt vs UCLA was. Best bowl game this year so far.

Watch the replay if you missed it.

Pitt is probably 11-2 if Patti starts over Slovis all year.
I was surprised that Pitt came back. The Liberty Bowl with Arkansas and Kansss was a good game as well. Didn’t the Sun Bowl used to be on Christmas Eve?

The Notre Dame vs South Carolina game had my interest as well. Too bad SC had an Intentional grounding and unsportsmanlike penalty to close out the game. The last one was because SC player pushed ND player off QB Rattler so they could run the hurry up offense.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I was surprised that Pitt came back. The Liberty Bowl with Arkansas and Kansss was a good game as well. Didn’t the Sun Bowl used to be on Christmas Eve?

The Notre Dame vs South Carolina game had my interest as well. Too bad SC had an Intentional grounding and unsportsmanlike penalty to close out the game. The last one was because SC player pushed ND player off QB Rattler so they could run the hurry up offense.
Doubtful SC could've won given roster depletion of playmakers, but yeah, that last penalty sucked. Could've easily been delay of game on ND. All the SC guy who drew the flag did was drag the ND guy off his QB.

On the intentional grounding, just needed a couple more yards for that pass to get past line of scrimmage and it's a no call.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What a game Pitt vs UCLA was. Best bowl game this year so far.

Watch the replay if you missed it.

Pitt is probably 11-2 if Patti starts over Slovis all year.

I could not agree more about Patti. I have no idea what Narduzzi saw in Slovis because Slovis sucked all year. Pitt had a very good team this year but ended up with a meh season because of a bad lineup decision.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I could not agree more about Patti. I have no idea what Narduzzi saw in Slovis because Slovis sucked all year. Pitt had a very good team this year but ended up with a meh season because of a bad lineup decision.
After Pickett left, pretty much every Pitt fan thought the job would go to Patti.

Patti was assumed to get on with his life's work, but in post-game interview said he'd now have to think about it. Doubt he'd leave Pitt, but Jurkovec is Cignetti's guy, so don't see how Patti wins the starting job if he does come back.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
After Pickett left, pretty much every Pitt fan thought the job would go to Patti.

Patti was assumed to get on with his life's work, but in post-game interview said he'd now have to think about it. Doubt he'd leave Pitt, but Jurkovec is Cignetti's guy, so don't see how Patti wins the starting job if he does come back.
So...maybe Patti should be a Husky?

Reaction Score
Watching the Orange Bowl now. TN QB Joe Milton will be hard for UConn to defend next November in Knoxville.
Good size and big arm.

Reaction Score
Watching the Orange Bowl now. TN QB Joe Milton will be hard for UConn to defend next November in Knoxville.
Good size and big arm.

I felt somewhat sorry for Clemson's QB...a true freshman with limited experience playing against a powerful team. Uiagalelei going to the Portal put him in the starter position. I think Dabo saw Klubnik as the future.

He'll grow into the job and has talent.

Tennessee is so strong offensively. Averaged 44.5 points per game...#2 nationally in score average.

Reaction Score
Ugi left Clemson because he was benched. He was not starting bowl game.

Reaction Score
Ugi left Clemson because he was benched. He was not starting bowl game.

Ugi was benched in ACC Championship game...As I said, I think that Dabo sees Klubnic as the future...

But the young man is still a true freshman with limited experience and going up against Tennessee in the Orange Bowl was a tough one for a guy who was playing high school ball last season.

Reaction Score
Ugi was benched in ACC Championship game...As I said, I think that Dabo sees Klubnic as the future...

But the young man is still a true freshman with limited experience and going up against Tennessee in the Orange Bowl was a tough one for a guy who was playing high school ball last season.
Klubnic made some freshman mistakes such as his run with no timeouts to end the first half. But tough position to be in and Dabo was there to coach him up.

I don’t like players leaving the team for their new team before the season ends. This goes for coaches too. I believe that you complete your commitment to the team even if you were benched. The early signing period makes this difficult however.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
My thoughts on the Michigan TCU game...I feel like Michigan will win this game...but I would rather TCU win because I think TCU has a better chance against OSU or Georgia.

The difference is Duggan. He is a baller...and can single handedly carry a team. Michigan QB is inexperienced...I don't trust him to be able to go get you a win.

Either way...I hope whoever wins this game wins the next game. Georgia and Ohio State might be my two least liked teams.

Reaction Score

No worries. I was reacting to your statement that he was starting b/c ugi in portal. And TN is not much tougher than USCe

Reaction Score
I'll be honest I didn't think TCU would look this good against Michigan.

Reaction Score
The zebras striking for Michigan and TCU shooting themselves in the foot, a quarter in college football is an eternity.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Just got a UConn mention with 59 seconds left in the TCU UM semifinal, that UM returned a punt for a TD against us...

Reaction Score
Michigan dropping the ball (literally at the end) again in the playoffs.

Reaction Score
Don't like Harbaugh, and don't care about Michigan, but that Ref screwed them with those 2 bad review calls. Yes, it was a TD, yes it was targeting. Took 7 off the board for Michigan and took away what would have been an interesting last 25 seconds from the fans.

Reaction Score
Don't like Harbaugh, and don't care about Michigan, but that Ref screwed them with those 2 bad review calls. Yes, it was a TD, yes it was targeting. Took 7 off the board for Michigan and took away what would have been an interesting last 25 seconds from the fans.
Agreed on all points, replay has made things worse which is pathetic you can never rely on the refs even if your Michigan. You can’t get it in from the 5 twice you don’t deserve to win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom