OT YouTube TV price increase | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT YouTube TV price increase

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
In a notice to customers, YouTube TV said, “As content costs have risen and we continue to invest in our quality of service, we’ll be adjusting our monthly cost, after 3 years, from $64.99/mo to $72.99/mo, in order to bring you the best possible TV service.” New subscribers to YouTube TV will see the higher price effective Thursday (March 16), and existing members will see the price hike on their first monthly bill on or after April 18.

The price hike comes after YouTube TV dropped MLB Network from its lineup

Well, this sucks!

Reaction Score
There are other ways to do this but if you have an iPhone, you can mirror any sporting event from your phone to your television for free and it’s high definition.

Reaction Score
Y’all are doing it wrong. Ology TV - all live cable, movie channels, MLB/NBA/NHL packages, local channels…$25/month for two screens.

Reaction Score
Literally everything has gone up in price over the last 2 years. Price increases suck, but $8/month isn’t earth shattering. Unlimited cloud DVR, four streams, and being able to watch away from home justify sticking with them. Spectrum I had to pay $15/month for DVR and then another $8 per box to only be able to watch the recorded content in the room I recorded it. It’s more the ancillary services (Netflix, Hulu, paramount) that all slowly add up to bring you back to the price of cable, but their model of app exclusive shows are what keep people around.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I only wish YouTube TV had multiview split screens for sports. I know they are working on it. That’s one thing Fubo TV has an advantage over YT.

But YT has all the channels I watch plus 4k.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Have Hulu and even with HBO and Showtime add-ons, it’s still cheaper than what I was paying for Xfinity. The savings get slimmer and slimmer every year but it’s still a savings. Also buying your own modem helps save on the b.s. $14 monthly rental fee.

Said it in another thread a long time ago that you should also check the router your provider gives you. Often times they give you a router that doesn’t have the bandwidth to support whatever internet speeds you’re paying for. At least that’s what the technician told me. Thus I bought a Netgear Orbi whole house mesh system.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I only wish YouTube TV had multiview split screens for sports. I know they are working on it. That’s one thing Fubo TV has an advantage over YT.

But YT has all the channels I watch plus 4k.
Never mind. They just added multiview but it says “available for a limited time only during March madness games.” I’m sure there will be an extra charge when they add it for real ugh

Reaction Score
thinking of cancelling YTTV after the tournament. Anyone know which streaming services have the locals plus NESN?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Y’all are doing it wrong. Ology TV - all live cable, movie channels, MLB/NBA/NHL packages, local channels…$25/month for two screens.
1679070400302.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
thinking of cancelling YTTV after the tournament. Anyone know which streaming services have the locals plus NESN?
Minimally, I am planning on pausing it. Other than sports I really don’t watch a heck of a lot on it.

Reaction Score
I don't have to like it though. I might have to cut the cord from what I switched to when I cut the cord.
Exactly. I switched to YTTV after following the cord-cutters thread here at The Boneyard. It was a total no-brained back then. Now, not so much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom