OT: Youtube TV and Streaming Sites | The Boneyard

OT: Youtube TV and Streaming Sites

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Does anyone subscribe to Youtube TV? I've been getting some notifications about it while watching Youtube..... offering one or two weeks free trial.... i dismissed them....... but........... I see they are getting the ACC Network... so I clicked on the website to see what other TV channels they offer in my area. Low and Behold... they offer alot. I need the ESPN stations...... the ACC Network and of course the Food Channel. They give you SNY, the Big 10 Network, SEC Network (of course) Fox Sports, FS1, FS2, CBS Sports Network, The Olympic Channel, NBC Sports, the Tennis Channel, The Golf Channel, NBA TV, MLB TV and so much more..... for 50 dollars a month.

Ive been with SlingTV for several years.... paying about 33 a month I think...... but man.... for the approximate price of 2 lamb soulvaki combo's per month.... i could get so much more. The only drawback is I dont see the Pac 12 network listed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm interested to hear from others as well. Most of the reviews of it have been very favorable. I got 3 months of Sling for free at Christmas which gave me ESPN / Fox Sports and my regional Fox Midwest - Indiana, plus TBS and TNT. Got me through the NCAA tournament, but I then went to just the Blue package and lost the ESPN's and now my Fox Midwest is gone. I'm OK until college football starts and then I'm probably going to need something else also.
You can use this website to select the channels you wish to have and it will do a lot of the pricing and packaging for you.
Suppose... you could design your perfect TV service

Reaction Score
I subscribe to YouTubeTV and have for about 1.5 years or so. I love it. I live in Indiana and I can still get most of the games from UConn WBB or MBB either on the app or using another app that is compatible with YouTubeTV, like WatchESPN. The UNLIMITED DVR is great. It is broadcast in 60fps and for sports that is awesome. I believe that it is the best of the best in terms of sports.

It has some drawbacks. Price has gone up from $35 when it was first offered to $50 now. It did throw in some new channels so I can't complain because I actually watch those new channels, but it doesn't offer and sort of options. Meaning if you wanted different tiers, much like SLING.

I also like it because I am an android user and can change my GPS location so that I can get local TV from anywhere in the country. This helps when it is NFL season and you don't get the game that you want to watch. That might be the best part.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I have been subscribing to YouTube TV for a few months now and I am still trying to figure out what Sports I get. I get Fox Carolinas and Fox Southeast, which means the Atlanta Braves and Cincinnati Reds for MLB. I also get the ESPN stations, including SEC, BTN but I don't get SNY. I do know that I am blacked out for the Orioles and Nationals if they are on the MLB Network which is weird seeing that they were my "home" teams when I had DirecTV.
I am guessing/hoping that the UConn women games will be available via the ESPN app or even ESPN+.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Does anyone subscribe to Youtube TV? I've been getting some notifications about it while watching Youtube..... offering one or two weeks free trial.... i dismissed them.. but...... I see they are getting the ACC Network... so I clicked on the website to see what other TV channels they offer in my area. Low and Behold... they offer alot. I need the ESPN stations. the ACC Network and of course the Food Channel. They give you SNY, the Big 10 Network, SEC Network (of course) Fox Sports, FS1, FS2, CBS Sports Network, The Olympic Channel, NBC Sports, the Tennis Channel, The Golf Channel, NBA TV, MLB TV and so much more..... for 50 dollars a month.

Ive been with SlingTV for several years.... paying about 33 a month I think. but man.... for the approximate price of 2 lamb soulvaki combo's per month.... i could get so much more. The only drawback is I dont see the Pac 12 network listed.
@triaddukefan how did you get SNY in your YouTubeTV package? When I subscribed a couple of months ago, it wasn't available to me and I haven't checked lately. I just assumed that the only subscribers who could get it were the ones living in the NYC Metro area. PS I live in the boonies of the Piedmont Triad area.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm also a YouTube TV subscriber in CT. Besides all local news outlets YouTube TV provides it's the sports channels/networks available that drew me in, besides SNY, YES I also get NESN regional sports channels...along all the other sports networks @triaddukefan has stated. As @Minicoop69 mentioned the price has gone up to $50, but the channels/networks added are also the ones I wanted. Before these added channels I subscribed to Philo TV...along with YouTube TV, for these channels/networks for $16/month (Philo TV has no sports). So for me it's a wash as far as cost/month.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'm a subscriber to youtube TV and pleased with the service. One of the factors that I chose Youtube TV is they carry the four major Networks (ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC), most others don't carry one or more of the major networks. My only complaint with Youtube TV is they don't carry the NFL Network and NFL RedZone. Because of that, I'll cancel my subscription around the end of August and probably go with Spectrum Steaming Service until NFL Football season is over. Then depending on Youtube TV pricing, I'll go back. I'm finding that as time goes on, Streaming Services are coming close to the Price of Cable TV, that streaming services are no longer the significant cost savings. I live in an area, where I can't pick up all the Major Networks via an indoor or reasonably priced outdoor antenna and have to rely on cable or streaming service.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
@triaddukefan how did you get SNY in your YouTubeTV package? When I subscribed a couple of months ago, it wasn't available to me and I haven't checked lately. I just assumed that the only subscribers who could get it were the ones living in the NYC Metro area. PS I live in the boonies of the Piedmont Triad area.

I just plugged in my zip code and it showed me the available stations. I was surprised that SNY was even listed for this area... I don't have any need for it. I haven't subscribed yet... I plan on doing the free trial and see how it compares to Sling. I'm 99.5% sure I'll go with youtube... Especially since they have the Olympic channel.. And the track and field world championships are in September.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom