OT Where are the Yanks+Sox fans? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT Where are the Yanks+Sox fans?

Reaction Score
Cheaters vs. Cheaters. (And I am a semi BoSox fan-I don't watch the games but do check out the scores.)
Careful with that kind of talk. There are some that think UConn basketball cheats too.

Reaction Score
Boston is due for another Title. It's been too long. Sox over the Astros in 6, then Giants in 6. They are peaking at the right time.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Careful with that kind of talk. There are some that think UConn basketball cheats too.
I believe both teams in the ALCS were actually punished in some way for cheating.
UConn, never

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Boston is due for another Title. It's been too long. Sox over the Astros in 6, then Giants in 6. They are peaking at the right time.
86 years is too long, three years, not so much.

Reaction Score
How can there be UConn fans that don't like the Red Sox or the Yankees? I mean the only other option is the Mets, and no one ever admits to being a Mets fan.
Excuse me, but I was a Mets fan from the beginning ( to piss my mother off “Yankees”) and 1969 was sweet.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
I am not a Red Sox fan, but I have never seen a player who NEVER stops hustling like Kike Hernandez !

Reaction Score
I believe both teams in the ALCS were actually punished in some way for cheating.
UConn, never
The Astros fired Manager AJ Hinch after the cheating scandal. After a one year suspension by MLB, he was hired as the Tigers manager.
Alex Cora, who was the Astros bench coach, then Manager of the Red Sox was suspended from baseball for a year. To the surprise of many he was rehired by the Red Sox. He is a player's manager and his players love him and play for him.
All teams try to steal signals. They were over the top with it and they got caught.

Reaction Score
I was not surprised Cora was rehired. That was the plan all along I think. After listening to John Henry answer questions about it after they won the ALDS Monday night I'm more sure that the idea was "fire" Cora to show MLB they wouldn't tolerate cheating, find a warm body to serve as manager during a Covid shortened throwaway season, and then rehire Cora once the heat was off.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I was not surprised Cora was rehired. That was the plan all along I think. After listening to John Henry answer questions about it after they won the ALDS Monday night I'm more sure that the idea was "fire" Cora to show MLB they wouldn't tolerate cheating, find a warm body to serve as manager during a Covid shortened throwaway season, and then rehire Cora once the heat was off.
Cora was suspended for the 2020 season, not fired.
BTW still waiting to be enlightened about the NCAA's "Bigly" cheating charges against the UConn WBB program...:)

Reaction Score
Cora was suspended for the 2020 season, not fired.
BTW still waiting to be enlightened about the NCAA's "Bigly" cheating charges against the UConn WBB program...:)
We can start with the recruitment of Maya Moore. That should keep you busy.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
We can start with the recruitment of Maya Moore. That should keep you busy.
Are you referring to Tennessee writing a letter to the SEC about what they "felt" were NCAA violations? And the Bigly Maya recruitment violation was considered a secondary violation with NO penalty. Yup that's a Bigly and deserves to be brought up again 15 years later.
Cya.

Reaction Score
Are you referring to Tennessee writing a letter to the SEC about what they "felt" were NCAA violations? And the Bigly Maya recruitment violation was considered a secondary violation with NO penalty. Yup that's a Bigly and deserves to be brought up again 15 years later.
You only asked for examples of the women's program breaking the rules. I gave you one. Then there's the time they scheduled too many games, the time Geno wished Mo'ne Davis good luck, both violations of NCAA rules. Then there's the Geno-Kyrie violation. CD and Lister recruiting violations. Practicing without enough off days. I'm sure google will turn up more examples. And this is just the women's basketball program. You'll find many more if you look across all UConn sports. UConn is not squeaky clean so it's silly to throw stones because where you see a minor or secondary infraction others see cheating.

Reaction Score
You only asked for examples of the women's program breaking the rules. I gave you one. Then there's the time they scheduled too many games, the time Geno wished Mo'ne Davis good luck, both violations of NCAA rules. Then there's the Geno-Kyrie violation. CD and Lister recruiting violations. Practicing without enough off days. I'm sure google will turn up more examples. And this is just the women's basketball program. You'll find many more if you look across all UConn sports. UConn is not squeaky clean so it's silly to throw stones because where you see a minor or secondary infraction others see cheating.
Just talking Uconn WBB, we went from NCAA “Bigly” to pretty much minor, no infractions, breaking of rules pretty quickly.

Reaction Score
Just talking Uconn WBB, we went from NCAA “Bigly” to pretty much minor, no infractions, breaking of rules pretty quickly.
Bigly is an adverb in this case and not an adjective. You could rewrite the original post as "the NCAA vehemently disagrees." Nothing to do with the magnitude of said violations.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom