OT: Songs with deliberate mispellings | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Songs with deliberate mispellings

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Another Prince song; I love this version by Siobhan Magnus:

Good cover. And you should get extra credit for the spelling of her name. Another one of those Irish Gaelic masterpieces. Siobhan is pronounced shi-vawn with a soft or short i sound.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Good cover. And you should get extra credit for the spelling of her name. Another one of those Irish Gaelic masterpieces. Siobhan is pronounced shi-vawn with a soft or short i sound.
I pronounce it Si-bone. :cool:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I guess really anything by these guys. But we'll double up with the song.

Gimme Back My Bullets - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Reaction Score
Let’s just say that I’ve been known to take the lyrics too literally at a few parties back in the day.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Several of the 80's metal bands had misspelled names. This one might might've been a tribute to Led Zeppelin, another misspelling I'm surprised we haven't seen yet.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This one is a cover tune that like the one earlier in the thread is not much of a departure from the original.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
the number in place of a letter or word thing is fairly common

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Another 80s hair metal band with a name misspelling. Dang, he was rockin' the glam pirate look long before Johnny Depp ever thought of it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sorry, this one is a guilty pleasure. I know it's cheesy, but I can't help it, I like it anyway.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

I love Siobhan. She's a huge talent who hasn't quite found her niche. Last I knew she was in a 90's cover band. But her entire first album is fantastic, my favorite of the albums from Idol contestants.

There are times I think Irish spelling was developed by a bunch of folks who had imbibed a little too much Guinness or Jameson's.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I love Siobhan. She's a huge talent who hasn't quite found her niche. Last I knew she was in a 90's cover band. But her entire first album is fantastic, my favorite of the albums from Idol contestants.

There are times I think Irish spelling was developed by a bunch of folks who had imbibed a little too much Guinness or Jameson's.
The word whiskey is an anglicized pronunciation of the Irish Gaelic uisce beatha which means water of life, or aqua vitae in the Latin that monks read in Ireland. So there is a good chance their spelling was influenced by just how watery life was back then! ;)

Bama fan

Reaction Score
It’s a guilty pleasure of mine too.
I confess it is one of mine too. But I do have to work hard to actually feel guilty about it. Seems almost natural!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom