OT- Samantha Ponder vs Barstool | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT- Samantha Ponder vs Barstool

Reaction Score
The thing is, Big Cat didn't have anything to do with what she was accusing him of, and while the company doesn't look good from the screenshots she tweeted, she also removed the entire context of the post as a whole, in which she basically couldn't comprehend how a company that creates a lot of content about attractive girls could also take a stance against what Ray Rice, which is idiotic.

Barstool is hit or miss for me. I love PMT and some of the other things they do. I don't really like Portnoy or some of the other guys there, but to say Sam Ponder is absolved of any wrongdoing in this is silly.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Why isn't this seen as an assault of women? What a bunch of hypocrites at ESPN and the media.
If it were two men trading insults on social medial media, would you think one of the men had been assaulted? Not intending to criticize here, just pointing out something you might not have considered.

I'm not sure why anyone cares about two talking heads yakking at one another - except that one is female. Guess she doesn't know her place.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Crazy how good people are at digging up old tweets: Barstool Sports

Reaction Score
This dustup should be filed under "how can we get people to watch the new show". This all seems like a contrived dispute to engender interest.

Reaction Score
Crazy how good people are at digging up old tweets: Barstool Sports

This is the other side...Everybody has something from their past that people can (now) be outraged about. People are throwing stones at others glass houses not seeing the stones coming back at theirs.

This is the same thing as the Cam Newton thing last week. No one wins anything, and all participants come out looking worse than when they started.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
First of all, Christian Ponder was an awful quarterback and I cannot believe the Vikings took him in the first round.

Actually, that's it. I don't know anything about Sam Ponder or Barstool. They both sound awful.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
First of all, Christian Ponder was an awful quarterback and I cannot believe the Vikings took him in the first round.

Actually, that's it. I don't know anything about Sam Ponder or Barstool. They both sound awful.

Somehow Christian Ponder managed to be worse at calling games for ESPN than actually playing in them, as made evident by his job in our game vs Temple. Yeesh

Reaction Score
If it were two men trading insults on social medial media, would you think one of the men had been assaulted? Not intending to criticize here, just pointing out something you might not have considered.

I'm not sure why anyone cares about two talking heads yakking at one another - except that one is female. Guess she doesn't know her place.

I'm positive if Barstool made those same comments about the UCONN girl's basketball team, there would be cries to burn ESPN to the ground.

Reaction Score
Somehow Christian Ponder managed to be worse at calling games for ESPN than actually playing in them, as made evident by his job in our game vs Temple. Yeesh
He was awful. Almost like ESPNU games serving as a training ground. Maybe his wife got him the job.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Did anyone catch any of the Adam Best stuff? Some politics guy who called out Barstool for being misogynistic, and then got just absolutely destroyed when they dug through his old tweets. One of the worst drags through the mud I've seen on Twitter. Internet remains undefeated

Reaction Score
Did anyone catch any of the Adam Best stuff? Some politics guy who called out Barstool for being misogynistic, and then got just absolutely destroyed when they dug through his old tweets. One of the worst drags through the mud I've seen on Twitter. Internet remains undefeated
He got put in a body bag. I can't fathom getting on that kind of high horse when you have those kind of tweets buried. I think I saw he deleted something like 17,000 tweets.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
He got put in a body bag. I can't fathom getting on that kind of high horse when you have those kind of tweets buried. I think I saw he deleted something like 17,000 tweets.

I forget, but it was an insane number. I don't know how a human could possibly delete that many tweets in one day. The things he said were so absurd, literally worse than anything that Barstool has ever said--and Barstool has said some insane and awful stuff

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Adam Best is a clown. What an idiot. Team Barstool!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'm positive if Barstool made those same comments about the UCONN girl's basketball team, there would be cries to burn ESPN to the ground.
About 80% of the women's board is men over 60. That generation is very protective of "their girls". Me, I'd love to see some bozo insult a girl that's a muscular 6' tall athlete - to her face. Bet he wouldn't, lol.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Mmm, maybe just a little broad, perhaps it is enough not to refer to her as a nope?
It doesn't matter. When I was single and went out dancing with my girlfriends, if I turned down a guy I got called a dyke, frigid, a gold digger ("Guess you're waiting for a rich guy") or assorted other names. If you talk back, you're a b*tch or "on the rag". Believe me, women have heard it all.

That's part of what the #MeToo thing is all about.

Reaction Score
Pretty sad considering Big Cat and PFT haven't done anything to deserve getting pulled, but I guess they're just guilty by association.

What I don't understand is ESPN saying they hoped to "distance themselves from the Barstool site and its content" when they literally had "Barstool" in the name of the show. They couldn't have seen this coming? I don't buy it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
All I know about Barstool comes from listening to the Barstool president on WEEI last week. They asked him about things he said and while he didn't deny anything, he didn't own anything either. What good is a hot take if you don't own it?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I get the appeal of the Barstool brand ... to 14 year olds.

Reaction Score

Sports Science said he compared favorably to Aaron Rodgers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom