OT- Samantha Ponder vs Barstool | The Boneyard

OT- Samantha Ponder vs Barstool

Reaction Score
Sam and her attorney should have a nice sit down and discuss libel and get her checkbook out.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Barstool sucks now. Anybody that works doesn't have time to watch endless videos or listening to 50 minute podcasts.

It's short form writing on sports and other random stuff was great.

Now all the big personalities don't even blog anymore. The majority of the bloggers they currently have are honestly just atrocious as well.

That being said, Ponder doubled down on her initial stance even after Big Cat said it wasn't him multiple times. So that's kind of on her.

This partnership with ESPN was never going to last. Be it culture clashes or the fact the show is on at Tuesday at 1am.

Reaction Score
Yeah I mean, if Jemelle Hill can't even say what she says on Twitter, how are they going to defend the stuff that comes out of BarStool, specifically the ones hosting the show on ESPN. That looks prime for a discrimination suit right there. Barstool is funny every once and a while but they say some really vile stuff that I don't condone but I definitely condone by reading it.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Imagine seeing someone call a person they've never met a nope, criticize their parenting and then being upset about the specific way that person reacted to it.

If you're on Barstool's side here, try going outside and showing humanity. You'll be amazed at what you're missing out on.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
The only parts of barstool that aren't horrible are pardon my take and mickstape, the rest of the personalities there are terrible people

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
The only parts of barstool that aren't horrible are pardon my take and mickstape, the rest of the personalities there are terrible people

Agreed, and that's what makes this situation kinda suck. I don't read stuff from Barstool, but I listen to PMT regularly. They're really different from the rest of the site, and really seem to just use Barstool to give them the funding and infrastructure that they need. But now they've gotten bigger than Barstool, and are getting a chance to do more, but they're getting screwed because they have to be the whipping post for the things all of the other idiots from the site say

Reaction Score
lol, if she needs her checkbook for libel based on that, then Portnoy better flee the country
What she did was libel, not really a debate on it. He did not write those articles it is pretty simple.

Reaction Score
What she did was libel, not really a debate on it. He did not write those articles it is pretty simple.

It's not libel without intent. That she later admitted she was wrong would probably only cement her case that it was a mistake and not intentional.

Reaction Score
It's not libel without intent. That she later admitted she was wrong would probably only cement her case that it was a mistake and not intentional.
negligence is required, pretty negligent to screen shot articles and not look at the author and then stand by it

Reaction Score
Why isn't this seen as an assault of women? What a bunch of hypocrites at ESPN and the media.
It's not assault and we should be careful about turning words into criminality. No reasonable person would perceive an imminent threat of harm. There is ample grounds for recourse in the law without resorting to every offensive thing spoken being a crime. I suspect Ponder will be getting a nice big check through civil recourse.

Reaction Score
It's not assault and we should be careful about turning words into criminality. No reasonable person would perceive an imminent threat of harm. There is ample grounds for recourse in the law without resorting to every offensive thing spoken being a crime. I suspect Ponder will be getting a nice big check through civil recourse.

Weird you managed to quote me instead of SubZero, heh.

Reaction Score
I try very hard to live by the "Treat others the way you want to be treated" motto...

That being said, it's very tiresome that now everyone wants to be outraged and offended by everything, all the time.

It's like a race to be the MOST outraged and offended. Who ever is the most outraged and offended wins. And then after that, a person who said something stupid (SAID, not DID), that ultimately did no real damage other than offending the "offendee", has his or her life really screwed up (lost jobs, internet bullying, etc...).

It's getting out of hand.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I try very hard to live by the "Treat others the way you want to be treated" motto...

That being said, it's very tiresome that now everyone wants to be outraged and offended by everything, all the time.

It's like a race to be the MOST outraged and offended. Who ever is the most outraged and offended wins. And then after that, a person who said something stupid (SAID, not DID), that ultimately did no real damage other than offending the "offendee", has his or her life really screwed up (lost jobs, internet bullying, etc...).

It's getting out of hand.

I mean, it's not out of line for Samantha Ponder to be pissed that her company is linking arms with a company whose founder repeatedly called her some pretty bad stuff and made really sexist remarks towards her. Dan Katz isn't like that, though, and now he'll have to pay the consequences because unless that show is REALLY good, there's no way that ESPN will see the benefit to a show in the 1 am timeslot causing so much drama

Reaction Score
I mean, it's not out of line for Samantha Ponder to be pissed that her company is linking arms with a company whose founder repeatedly called her some pretty bad stuff and made really sexist remarks towards her. Dan Katz isn't like that, though, and now he'll have to pay the consequences because unless that show is REALLY good, there's no way that ESPN will see the benefit to a show in the 1 am timeslot causing so much drama
The good thing for Katz and ESPN is that someone else will find something to be outraged with tomorrow and this story will be a distance memory come next week.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Yeah I mean, if Jemelle Hill can't even say what she says on Twitter, how are they going to defend the stuff that comes out of BarStool, specifically the ones hosting the show on ESPN. That looks prime for a discrimination suit right there. Barstool is funny every once and a while but they say some really vile stuff that I don't condone but I definitely condone by reading it.

these two things are not even close to the same thing, barstool is a satirical website, they make their nut by saying absurd and outlandish things. ESPN considers itself a holier than thou news outlet with clauses in their contracts that prevent them from saying stuff like this and if they do the will be disciplined accordingly. I guarantee van TV or whatever they are calling the show on at 1 AM will be a watered down version of PMT.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom