OT. Request for help. | The Boneyard

OT. Request for help.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
First off, this is NOT a request for funds, which would not be appropriate on this sort of board. However, if any of you are veterinarians, or have vets with whom you are on close terms, maybe you might be able and willing to help. In our town in Guatemala (Panajachel), there are many street dogs. My wife is involved with a non-profit organization called Ayuda para los perros y gatos. (Help for dogs and cats.) Every week they hold a clinic in Panajachel, or one of three other towns around Lake Atitlan, to which people can bring their pets, or street dogs if possible, to be neutered, vaccinated for common diseases, and treated if necessary. (They also treat cats and occacionally rabbits and guinea pigsl) They are always short of meds and money for meds, and at the moment there is an outbreak of mange among the street dog population. SO. If you are a vet or the friend of a vet, and you or your vet friend happen to have an oversupply of mange med pills and/or vaccines that are perhaps approaching their throw-away date, we would be grateful for any that you might be able to donate. We are also in short supply of vaccines, both for dogs and cats.

It is a rule that no animal can be immunized or treated for any condition, unless it is also neutered. We have a great local vet who does the surgeries at very low cost, or free if the person bringing the animal is unable to pay (as many down here are,) It is important to get as many of the street animals neutered as possible, to keep the population down, as in many of the towns here the local governments simply put out strychnine laced meat when the population gets too large, and there are always family pets who manage to get hold of it and die painful deaths. We have many local volunteers who bring in street dogs to be vaccinated, neutered and treated. If you can help with this, please pm me and I will give you the address of our volunteer in the U. S.
It will be greatly appreciated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox
Top Bottom