OT: Reminder - UConn Baseball in Hartford tonight | The Boneyard

OT: Reminder - UConn Baseball in Hartford tonight

Reaction Score
020.jpg

at D&D Park (Yard Goats' new stadium)

$10 - general admission, $5 youth/seniors/students/military
Tix: UConn Huskies vs East Carolina Pirates on 5/18/2017 Tickets

Reaction Score
Having UConn baseball games at the yard goats stadium is a fantastic idea. The price point is perfect for families.

Reaction Score
Having UConn baseball games at the yard goats stadium is a fantastic idea. The price point is perfect for families.

I'll be there. 700 or so sold so far, but I'm sure plenty like myself will buy right before the game at ticket window.

I wonder if the attendance of this game will help determine where UConn baseball decides to play when they build the new stadium on campus.

Cause they'll have a choice of eastern, Norwich, or DDP.

They'll probably split the schedule somehow. I would be willing to pay $10-15/game for a 5-10 game schedule @ DDP if they decide to go that route

Reaction Score
I'll be there. 700 or so sold so far, but I'm sure plenty like myself will buy right before the game at ticket window.

I wonder if the attendance of this game will help determine where UConn baseball decides to play when they build the new stadium on campus.

Cause they'll have a choice of eastern, Norwich, or DDP.

They'll probably split the schedule somehow. I would be willing to pay $10-15/game for a 5-10 game schedule @ DDP if they decide to go that route

See a split based on field availability. CT Tigers @ Dodd don't start up till mid June so there would be more flexibility/availability there if needed.

Reaction Score
An excellent turnout tonight. Disappointed that Bears was closed.

Reaction Score
I'll ask here. Does anyone know where I get a UConn Baseball Jersey. The real deal. Did not see anywhere in the UConn Bookstore last week

Reaction Score
I'll ask here. Does anyone know where I get a UConn Baseball Jersey. The real deal. Did not see anywhere in the UConn Bookstore last week

I would shoot Kyle Muncy (@UconnTrademark) the question on Twitter for most accurate answer. He'll point you in right direction if they are available.

They offloaded a bunch @ the surplus equipment sale @ the Spring Game a few weeks ago.

Reaction Score
Baseball play by play guy sounds like he does a good job. Wish the hockey play by play was as good.

Reaction Score
Baseball play by play guy sounds like he does a good job.

Chris Jones does an astounding job. Started as a student announcers and continues to grow after he graduated. He is also responsible for all the post game interviews w/ players and coaches. Well respected by staff/team. He is also the announcer/broadcaster for NY/Penn League CT Tigers.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Awesome looking back drop for a baseball stadium.
It's great from that side but looking out into the outfield it's not so great. If I had to pick one complaint about DD Park it's the outfield view. It would have been great if they could have flipped the stadium so that the outfield looked out onto the Hartford skyline. I have a feeling they built it the way they did because of the setting sun angle but it's just a shame that the view you get looking out into the outfield is that ugly, windowless grey building.

Overall, it's a beautiful stadium and I can't wait to get to more games this summer. Getting in and out was easy coming from Southington, even during semi-rush hour traffic.

Reaction Score
I wish the college baseball season started on April 1st. The northeast schools would be very competitive and attendance would also be very good.

Reaction Score
You'd have to get game worn jerseys directly from the athletic department. Huskymedic mentioned the surplus sale, that's where you'll find them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom