OT:Purdue-Tennessee | The Boneyard

OT:Purdue-Tennessee

Reaction Score
One wild and fun game. Might go to overtime.
Great game. 45 to 45 with a minute to go. It also further demonstrates how bad our offense was this year and our defense was maybe a little better than they were given credit for this year.

Reaction Score
Find the game coverage on twitter. The orange whining is hilarious.

Reaction Score
Boiler Up! Jeff Brohm coached a hell of game with a depleted team. Great year for Purdue- Matt Painter's turn.......

Reaction Score
Top-notch game. Brought to mind the OK/Boise State game, but probably even better.

That day my son's HS Marching Band performed in the Outback Bowl halftime show. After the game, we went back to our hotel and everyone crashed but me. I had the oppty to see the Boise State game and cheered in silence.

Great football game.

Honorable Mention:. The BC/Flutie vs Miami bowl game in the 80s? In those days I actually liked BC

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Tennesse got screwed by the foward progress call in OT, but a fun game to watch

Someone needs to be fired for that.

1) Michael dyer…existed

2) if it was forward progress, isn’t that not reviewable?

3) calling that play confirmed when he clearly wasn’t down….is a choice

But man, I love Jeff Brohm and this is a big win for the program

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Someone needs to be fired for that.

1) Michael dyer…existed

2) if it was forward progress, isn’t that not reviewable?

3) calling that play confirmed when he clearly wasn’t down….is a choice

But man, I love Jeff Brohm and this is a big win for the program

Bingo. What was "confirmed?" Total BS.

Reaction Score
Top-notch game. Brought to mind the OK/Boise State game, but probably even better.

That day my son's HS Marching Band performed in the Outback Bowl halftime show. After the game, we went back to our hotel and everyone crashed but me. I had the oppty to see the Boise State game and cheered in silence.

Great football game.

Honorable Mention:. The BC/Flutie vs Miami bowl game in the 80s? In those days I actually liked BC

The Flutie ;pass against Miami was not a bowl game.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
No thread on Pitt/MSU, but what a bad break for Pitt losing Patti in 1Q. The 3rd string QB was in way over his head.

Also, bunch of yinzers here called Pickett selfish for not playing. People do get hurt in bowls. And it could cost millions in Pickett's case. Thankfully for Patti it was non-throwing shoulder.

Reaction Score
No thread on Pitt/MSU, but what a bad break for Pitt losing Patti in 1Q. The 3rd string QB was in way over his head.

Also, bunch of yinzers here called Pickett selfish for not playing. People do get hurt in bowls. And it could cost millions in Pickett's case. Thankfully for Patti it was non-throwing shoulder.
If I am a head coach I hope my QB who is leaving chooses not to play. Win is fairly meaningless, and if the star opts out I get a bunch of practices and a very competitive opponent to see how my QB for next year looks in real action. Win/win all around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom