OT Mets moving closer to signing Bauer/Springer | The Boneyard

OT Mets moving closer to signing Bauer/Springer

Reaction Score
As a Mets fan I am very excited. I hope that they are able to sign both. Apparently Alderson wants Bauer but Cohen prefers Springer. Signing both is an option though. Mets are also almost in agreement on a four year contract with James McCann.
let the good time roll!!!

Reaction Score
Congrats! Would have been a lot of fun if George was alive and competing with Cohen. Hal is Focused on costs so unfortunately I expect Cohen to outspend him in the near term.

Reaction Score
tenor.gif

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score

Having to listen to Mets (and Giants) fans the next few years

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Springer, who I cheered for, a NB kid, seen several times at our batting cages, UConn guy, WS MVP. Do you still respect him and his accomplishments knowing about the trash cans and sign stealing by Houston?

Not looking to argue.

I’m a Sox fan and wrestling with why Cora deserved another shot in Boston.

What’s your perspective?

Reaction Score
Nice , but they must have some underlying injury that will curtail their career.

Reaction Score
First thy need to sign McCann, so they don't need Reamuto. Then they are in a position to sign Springer. Bauer is a long shot. The Angels have money and really want him.

Reaction Score
Springer is the one guy I wanted this offseason, BEFORE Cohen got the team. Knowing he wants him and has the bank to go get him, I'm ecstatic. I feel like he's the type of guy that can really excel in NYC.

Reaction Score
Bauer is a 29 year old #3 starter getting treated like an ace. 2018 was his only full year in which he was a frontline starter. Velocity has steadily fallen the past couple of years. He’s going to have to crush it in years 1 and 2 to be worth the deal he gets. He’d be smart to stay in the NL though. Mets would be a good landing spot for him, I just feel like it’s inevitable that his contract will be dead weight on the back half.

I hope Springer is back in our neck of the woods. If I were a Mets fan I’d be much more into the idea of landing him.

Reaction Score
Springer, who I cheered for, a NB kid, seen several times at our batting cages, UConn guy, WS MVP. Do you still respect him and his accomplishments knowing about the trash cans and sign stealing by Houston?

Not looking to argue.

What’s your perspective?
That’s a good point and I hadn’t really thought about it that much.
I think stealing signs is part of baseball but the Astros took it way too far by using technology.
I do not respect those Astros teams. Springer will be on a new team and he’ll be starting over in my view.

Reaction Score
Apparently the Mets are trying to sign Liam Hendriks also. Going into this offseason. I thought the Mets needed two quality relievers, one top notch starting pitcher, a really good catcher and then George Springer to bat lead off and play center. It seems like the front office also feels that way. I’m against trading for Lindor. His last two years were mediocre in my view. Mets already have three very young shortstop options in Rosario, Gimenez and Mauricio.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Not looking to argue.

What’s your perspective?
with the president we got you ask that question?

Reaction Score

Not looking to argue.

What’s your perspective?
What did you think of Springer's accomplishments this year without the trash can?

I would love to see Springer come to Boston. He and his family are Sox fans. But it looks like Bloom is going to go with the tampa model for now - building the farm system and lesser contracts (although with Henry's money they will spend on free agents when Bloom thinks the time is right).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think Springer stinks, no thanks.

I've talked myself into McCann, I can deal with that. Bauer would be a phenomenal signing as well, getting Hendricks would really make our bullpen top 5 I think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom