OT: Harbaugh Praises Ben Mason on PMT Interview | The Boneyard

OT: Harbaugh Praises Ben Mason on PMT Interview

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Jim Harbaugh was featured on Pardon My Take as part of their 'grit week' series. It's basically just a long running joke about being gritty, football guys. Right around the 21 minute mark, Harbaugh comes out and praises Ben Mason for his hard work and how well he hits. Says that Mason was born to be a fullback and loves his game.

https://www.podcastone.com/pardon-my-take

Reaction Score
He sure has the size and speed to play on that level. And Ive seen up close he hits like a truck. Has he seen him working out recently as opposed to participating in Spring Ball?

Edit - Early enrollee explains his observations.

I can see why the speed guys like the idea of him blocking and QB's too. But while he may make a great fullback it seems a bit of a waste on the other side where he could also be a great LB.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Er, am I supposed to know Ben Mason? Is that why this is relevant?
FWIW, Mason started at linebacker all his four years for Newtown. To start at that position as a freshman for a good program is rare. He eventually also played FB and TE. I had hope he'd go to UConn, but by his junior year he had a boatload of P5 powerhouse programs going after him.

Newtown, going back to the days of head coach Pete Kohut and Bob Zito, have had some good teams. Mason's teammate Seth Willis (OL) is another Newtown player who was recuited by several programs. Willis chose to go to BYU.

Today's fun fact... Caitlyn, then Bruce, Jenner played football for Kohut back in 1968.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
pmt is trashhhh, zero blog 30/ fore play or

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member