OT Front Storm Door | The Boneyard

OT Front Storm Door

Reaction Score
I saw the great input below for patio door and hoping for input on a storm door.

I need a front storm door. Home improvements is not my forte.

Someone suggested buying it from Lowes or H. Depot and then having their installer install it. That way, (1) they deliver and (2) if there is an issue, particularly with installation, it is easier to get it resolved with one of those two. Are their their prices for the door and installation competitive?

Or, am I better off buying a door and hiring a "handy man" to install? I don't know if it is just a straight forward instyalltion where little can go wrong or requires some speacial talent.

Re: Also Door brand - suggestions?

Thoughts?

Thank you

Reaction Score
My neighbor had a retractable screen door put in last year. Looking to add one next spring.
They are very functional. I like that when you retract them, it’s like there is no second door. I prefer it in cold and heat, when the screen door is useless anyway.

Reaction Score
If your door gets a lot of sun, heat can build up between a door and the storm door. On our old house, direct sunlight melted the front door's decorative plastic window frame in a day after we replaced the screen with glass.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I got an Anderson and had Home Depot do it. Depending on your door, it can be more involved than you think.

Agree with @AreBee1969 when the glass is in, on warm days, it can get really hot between the door and glass. Need to switch to screen before May most likely.

Reaction Score
I got an Anderson and had Home Depot do it. Depending on your door, it can be more involved than you think.

Agree with @AreBee1969 when the glass is in, on warm days, it can get really hot between the door and glass. Need to switch to screen before May most likely.
Just saw this - thank you. i think that is what i will do

Reaction Score
We need a new storm door and I don't want to deal with it. It's an holder home and I am pretty sure it may need new framing depending on where the current screws are and whether it will fit a standard sized door. We planned on going to Home Depot. My only concern is that I am very unlucky and I'll get that guy who likes to take shortcuts and do a crappy job.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom