OT Conjuring 3 | The Boneyard

OT Conjuring 3

Reaction Score
Love these movies just haven’t seen this one yet maybe family movie night next Friday?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Pretty solid third entry in the franchise & even had some UConn exposure via a sweatshirt worn by one of the characters. Worth the watch for anyone who likes paranormal movies IMO.
I noticed the sweatshirt too. I believe the events that the movie is based on took place in Brookfield, CT.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Loved the first movie. I don't think I saw the second. We're excited for this one. #lovemesomevera

Reaction Score
I remember being in Barcelona many years ago and seeing a movie poster for The Haunting in Connecticut. We're internationally infamous.

Thought that was cool and seeing a Celtics backpack in remote western Kenya.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
For the people who did see them, recall anything in particular that stayed with you? I can’t say that I’ve experienced any paranormal occurrences, but I do know a couple of people who are adamant that they’ve encountered it. Regardless, very interesting [& creepy] stuff lol.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The Warrens came to UConn to give a talk at Jorgensen in the mid 70s. Was awesome!

They came in the 80s too. And I met them because their grandson Chris Mckinnell was a friend of mine who lived across the hall. He was scary as hell in some ways. You guys don’t even want to know. Lorraine was creepy as hell and knew things about everybody. I was very loosely involved in this case, when Chris was sent to investigate. Possession Near Devil's Peak

Seems Chris is still at it. FOUNDATION INFO

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
They came in the 80s too. And I met them because their grandson Chris Mckinnell was a friend of mine who lived across the hall. He was scary as hell in some ways. You guys don’t even want to know. Lorraine was creepy as hell and knew things about everybody. I was very loosely involved in this case, when Chris was sent to investigate. Possession Near Devil's Peak

Wow - that’s wild!

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
For the people who did see them, recall anything in particular that stayed with you? I can’t say that I’ve experienced any paranormal occurrences, but I do know a couple of people who are adamant that they’ve encountered it. Regardless, very interesting [& creepy] stuff lol.

Saw them twice at Jorgenson. Once with a meet and greet separate. Nothing happened at the shows. But they relayed things from other shows, and I had some personal details from Chris. The most notable thing at a show was evidently at what I think was U Richmond, when most of the audience saw the President of the University on stage, who had died like a week before.

At meet and greet with Chris and some others, Lorraine suggested to Chris that he not ride in a car with a girl from the dorm. She had had a few recent car accidents. Lorraine seemed to have something for sure. The short older lady clairvoyant in Poltergeist is based on her.

Aside from that, and the Frenchy case, I’ve experienced some stuff at our former house in South Boston. TV turning on by itself (old CRT) and a framed cover of the Sandman comic book #1, which we would find taken off the wall repeatedly and neatly placed on the floor behind a chair. Some noises too. Our Vermont house also had some sounds at night, like someone walking down the wooden stairs and rattling around in the kitchen. I’m not sensitive to that stuff and noticed it. My wife and daughter noticed it much more and struggled to sleep there.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Saw them twice at Jorgenson. Once with a meet and greet separate. Nothing happened at the shows. But they relayed things from other shows, and I had some personal details from Chris. The most notable thing at a show was evidently at what I think was U Richmond, when most of the audience saw the President of the University on stage, who had died like a week before.

At meet and greet with Chris and some others, Lorraine suggested to Chris that he not ride in a car with a girl from the dorm. She had had a few recent car accidents. Lorraine seemed to have something for sure. The short older lady clairvoyant in Poltergeist is based on her.

Aside from that, and the Frenchy case, I’ve experienced some stuff at our former house in South Boston. TV turning on by itself (old CRT) and a framed cover of the Sandman comic book #1, which we would find taken off the wall repeatedly and neatly placed on the floor behind a chair. Some noises too. Our Vermont house also had some sounds at night, like someone walking down the wooden stairs and rattling around in the kitchen. I’m not sensitive to that stuff and noticed it. My wife and daughter noticed it much more and struggled to sleep there.
That is unbelievably creepy. Imagine if that dorm girl hears her say that? She’s never driving anywhere again lol.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Would’ve loved to sit on that! Lucky!
The Warren's son-in-law (the little girl Judy in the movie's husband) did talks occasionally. I saw him at Woodland High School in Beacon Falls a few years back. He said the movies were "Hollywooded up" but I think it was the first Conjuring that he said was most accurate. He promised a big surprise at the end of the talk. Of course I thought/hoped he brought the real Annabelle doll bc the Warren Museum was a short distance away in Monroe, but the surprise was a home video of an exorcism performed on someone who was supposedly possessed. So it was a little bit of a letdown but overall it was an interesting couple of hours and I've spent $20 on worse things.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Just put on the movie, The Nun and ten minutes in there is a character called “Frenchie Theriault”, which is clearly a reference to Frenchy Theriault. Interesting.

Reaction Score

Definitely need a paranormal thread!

Reaction Score
Not a big fan of horror movies. tbh they bore me. I lost the thrill of supernatural horror about 15 years ago when i became an atheist. I tried watching in recent years but they just seem silly.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Not a big fan of horror movies. tbh they bore me. I lost the thrill of supernatural horror about 15 years ago when i became an atheist. I tried watching in recent years but they just seem silly.
Certainly respect your opinion & to each their own. I’ve just always believed that there is a lot to this world that we’ll never be able to understand, let alone explain. Hence why I’m a believer & this genre peaks my interest.

Reaction Score
Certainly respect your opinion & to each their own. I’ve just always believed that there is a lot to this world that we’ll never be able to understand, let alone explain. Hence why I’m a believer & this genre peaks my interest.
Agree fully.

Reaction Score

I'd love to hear more about Chris and these scary stories. It's absolutely fascinating.
I wanted to go see the Warren's museum but internet says it's closed.
I missed an opportunity while they were alive.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I'd love to hear more about Chris and these scary stories. It's absolutely fascinating.
I wanted to go see the Warren's museum but internet says it's closed.
I missed an opportunity while they were alive.

Well Chris seems to have a YouTube channel now, so check that. I was in Lafayette, but the very last room, Chris was in Trumbull I think, across the hall one door down. His nickname was flounder, and if you look at his videos you will see why.

On the Frenchy case. Chris had an old Honda motorcycle. It needed work so I followed him to Manchester Honda and brought him back. A couple days later he gets a call to go check in on Frenchy at the farm in MA. He asks me to drive him but I had a mid term so said I couldn’t. Another guy in Trumbull who knows him less well takes him. They visit the farm, and both say weird stuff starts happening, objects flying off walls etc. They grab the kids to get them away from the house, and the driver swears the kids were being tossed around in the back of his car, like rag dolls. Needless to say, he did not take Chris back there again. Later the Warrens decide Frenchy needs an exorcism. Chris asks to borrow a bible, and at that time, people were handing out these green bibles on campus. @8893 may recall this. I had a few because taking them was easier than saying no. So I gave one to Chris, which he says Frenchy held during or before the exorcism. Then he brought it back to me...but no way did I want that thing.

Some of the actual footage of that exorcism are in The Conjuring. The book is called Satan’s Harvest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom