OT: Central FL beaches..... | The Boneyard

OT: Central FL beaches.....

Reaction Score
I am driving down to Orlando (not my choice) pretty soon and I have purposfully left my schedual open so I can just relax....I am hoping to hit some beaches and enjoy the non-sound ocean.
Idealy I am going to hit the east coast one day and the west another.

Can anyone reccomend some good beaches in the Daytona/Cocao area and also in the Tampa area...
Any suggestions of things water/beach related to do, great places to eat, etc would be appreciated.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Here are some thoughts...

If you are looking for beach without anything commercial go to Lori Wilson beach in Cocoa Beach. Its free to park there. If you want to stay in the social area, go to the CB Pier beach. There is parking right there at the beach. It is next to the Pier that has a number of bars (tiki bar at the end if the pier too) and restaurants. There are also good music venues there. The beach has active sand volleyball courts. There is also surfing there.

There is also a good beach with snack bar etc in Cape Canaveral Jetty Park. Its next to the Port Canaveral canal where cruise ships arrive and depart.House.

There are lots of bars and music venues around the CB pier area with good seafood. . If you are looking for good old NY pizza and italian food , try A NY Pizza House in CB.

Cocoa Beach is really easy to get to from Orlando..just go east.

Hope that helps...

Alan

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For what its worth, I made that run one year and I kinda wish I just stayed by the pool.

Reaction Score
(GULF) Redington or Indian Rocks Beach (rated top FL beach a few years back) My parent live on Indian Rocks Beach and it is really nice.

Reaction Score
Went to college in the Clearwater area and have slept (or passed out, memory is blurry) on that beach. Very fine white sand and nice beach but it is a long way from Orlando. Heard much of the area around Clearwater Beach is owned by moonies these days.

Reaction Score
rt4 straight to daytona beach , less than 1hr drive, closest beach , lots of things to do, i'm sitting in an ocean front hotel in daytona typing this. And you can drive your car on to the beach, they have beach lanes so your driving on sand and you park wherever you want. Hope that helps

Reaction Score
I love Indian Rocks Beach, but not in Aug. beach will burn the skin off your feet and gulf is like a hot tub. Daytona beach
sand and water somewhat cooler and plenty of places to park. The way to the Gulf takes you thru Tampa, horrible drive, while Daytona is a little over a hour.

Reaction Score
I love Indian Rocks Beach, but not in Aug. beach will burn the skin off your feet and gulf is like a hot tub. Daytona beach
sand and water somewhat cooler and plenty of places to park. The way to the Gulf takes you thru Tampa, horrible drive, while Daytona is a little over a hour.

This is very very true. The gulf is rough.. no relief from the heat. Go in january to april. I would stick with the ocean over the gulf

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Went to college in the Clearwater area and have slept (or passed out, memory is blurry) on that beach. Very fine white sand and nice beach but it is a long way from Orlando. Heard much of the area around Clearwater Beach is owned by moonies these days.
It's the Scientologists that are big in Clearwater. That's the location of their headquarters and Sea Org (top leadership). There are thousands of Scientologists living in Clearwater.

Reaction Score
My wife and I just moved to Daytona Beach Shores last month and we love it. The people are friendly, there's lots to do and it's not all old farts. Great value too, but not for much longer. Got an ocean front condo for an amazing price.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Clearwater Beach is pretty impressive
Seconded. I was down there 2 years ago for the UConn-USF football game. I've been to a few other beaches in that area, it's just a great beach. Beautiful white sand, great scenery ;), gulf-warm water.

SouthTampaBill

20" Neck
Reaction Score
If you are looking for quiet try Indian Shores (that's where I am as I write this) My wife and I come here every year for a month, Right across from the Salt Rock Grille.
Great restaurants up and down Gulf Blvd. Very few people on the beach and beautiful water

If you're looking for a lot livelier, try Clearwater Beach near Frenchy's restaurant. Lots of 20 and 30 somethings and definitely good people watching (ie skimpy bikinis)

Reaction Score
If you are looking for quiet try Indian Shores (that's where I am as I write this) My wife and I come here every year for a month, Right across from the Salt Rock Grille.
Great restaurants up and down Gulf Blvd. Very few people on the beach and beautiful water

If you're looking for a lot livelier, try Clearwater Beach near Frenchy's restaurant. Lots of 20 and 30 somethings and definitely good people watching (ie skimpy bikinis)

my parents live two blocks from salt rock... hit crabby bill's for blue crabs. get them cold. they boil them at the pier.

SouthTampaBill

20" Neck
Reaction Score
my parents live two blocks from salt rock... hit crabby bill's for blue crabs. get them cold. they boil them at the pier.
Also Guppy's is very good for dinner, Keegan's for lunch (grouper cheek sandwiches) Sweet Sage for breakfast, Caddy's on Treasure Island for dinner/live bands on the beach.

Reaction Score
Also Guppy's is very good for dinner, Keegan's for lunch (grouper cheek sandwiches) Sweet Sage for breakfast, Caddy's on Treasure Island for dinner/live bands on the beach.

candy corner for icecream

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I am driving down to Orlando (not my choice) pretty soon and I have purposfully left my schedual open so I can just relax....I am hoping to hit some beaches and enjoy the non-sound ocean.
Idealy I am going to hit the east coast one day and the west another.

Can anyone reccomend some good beaches in the Daytona/Cocao area and also in the Tampa area...
Any suggestions of things water/beach related to do, great places to eat, etc would be appreciated.
I live in Clearwater and the Clearwater Beach (west of Tampa) has always gotten high marks as Top Beach in the country. Sand is like white sugar. Are you stayinf in a hotel? Sandpearl in Clearwater is really nice. Love the Adironack chairs arounf the firepit on the beach for sunset. Do you have kids? Go see Winter the Dolphin at Clearwater Aquarium.
E

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
They own most of downtown Clearwater but they have not had much impact on Clearwater Beach. Hoping that hot mess is taken care of somehow. They are really weird.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

This is very very true. The gulf is rough.. no relief from the heat. Go in january to april. I would stick with the ocean over the gulf
Actually if you are on the water in the shade the Guld in July and SAugust isn't too bad. The trade winds blow pretty well and the afternoon thundertstorms coold us down without muc chance of rain. Go a mile (or even a half mile inland) its an oven and rains every afternoon (Tampa is the lightening capital of the country too). Golf very early in the morning and have a pool. Gulf temps in the summer are in the low 90's and we have really big sharks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom