OT Avelo Air/Tweed New Haven Airport | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT Avelo Air/Tweed New Haven Airport

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If you are a loner with no bags and don't mind a middle seat maybe. Otherwise, get there at least 1.5 hours in advance. I found the cost saving to be a mirage even before factoring in lost time. And godforbid anything goes wrong because they aren't equpped to fix anything in a timely manner. Checking a bag took forever on both legs of my journey. They actually started loading bags for the next flight before they took all the bags off of my flight; that took almost an hour to clear up. Tweed sucks. They can't handle the traffic if flights get backed up, as they do in the winter. The corrective action for that was one guy out in the road swearing at everybody. No baby changing staions in arrivals. It's 2022 for crying out loud. The cafe had a good almond croissant.

My guy, a thunderstorm can totally wreck MCO for a day. There isn't an airport on earth that won't get kicked over by weather.

Tweed got backed up today - I got delayed by about four hours. Five arrivals came in at once and five flights had to get back out. They handled it. Was fine.

Big downside is that you really likely have to stand around rather than sit in a terminal.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
When it works, Avelo works great. When it doesn’t you are fudged six ways to Sunday. That finally happened after a good run with them. Flight home from West Palm was scheduled for noon on Sunday. It was “delayed” to 8:30PM Monday (>24hr delay is a cancellation to me), then further delayed to 11:30PM Monday, before finally being cancelled outright due to weather. They don’t respond to emails. 4 hours on hold for them to say we’re sorry, we can’t get you on another flight for days, but here’s your refund for the cancelled portion and a $100 credit to wipe your arse with. Well that doesn’t exactly get me and my family home. So, yeah.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
When it works, Avelo works great. When it doesn’t you are fudged six ways to Sunday. That finally happened after a good run with them. Flight home from West Palm was scheduled for noon on Sunday. It was “delayed” to 8:30PM Monday (>24hr delay is a cancellation to me), then further delayed to 11:30PM Monday, before finally being cancelled outright due to weather. They don’t respond to emails. 4 hours on hold for them to say we’re sorry, we can’t get you on another flight for days, but here’s your refund for the cancelled portion and a $100 credit to wipe your arse with. Well that doesn’t exactly get me and my family home. So, yeah.
JetBlue BDL to PBI is 1000x better and worth the money.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Were the delays related to the heavy rain a few days earlier?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
When it works, Avelo works great. When it doesn’t you are fudged six ways to Sunday.
Yup. I'm done with them and Tweed. I don't want amateur hour for my air travel.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Fog in New Haven

I’m praying for no fog on Sunday coming up from MCO.
As usual, Medic had the scoop.

As much as I had the hatred of 1000 suns yesterday… finally, after a VERY VERY long drive, we are home. And to Avelo’s credit, they finally did reach out, took ownership, and will (mostly) make things whole.

IMG_2681.jpeg

Reaction Score
The can't handle any real hiccups, but my experience with them was great. The customer service of the staff at Tweed was outstanding.

That said, I still prefer Southwest out of BDL. But I would fly Avelo again.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
When I took Avelo, the flight was shorter than the wait for my bags.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Took Avelo to Sarasota last week. Absolute breeze.

Now a fan of checking a bag when going there - I don’t know how Sarasota does it, but you can’t get off your plane and get to baggage claim before your bag does.

Reaction Score
Took Avelo to Sarasota last week. Absolute breeze.

Now a fan of checking a bag when going there - I don’t know how Sarasota does it, but you can’t get off your plane and get to baggage claim before your bag does.
If New Haven is closer by all means but Breeze from Bradley is great, new planes. Valet parking at Bradley is great and cheap compared to Tweed.

Reaction Score
If New Haven is closer by all means but Breeze from Bradley is great, new planes. Valet parking at Bradley is great and cheap compared to Tweed.
LOVED my Breeze experience at Bradley when we flew to Phoenix for the winter holidays.

The drive from Norwalk to Bradley is long, but once you are there, the stress levels vs JFK/LGA is like 97% lower. Plus, I like the mojo of all the UConn stuff in the terminals.

Still awaiting my first Avelo trip, but now that they fly into San Juan, I'm excited to try to get back to Puerto Rico.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom