Oregon State's Andrea Aquino remains uncleared to play | The Boneyard

Oregon State's Andrea Aquino remains uncleared to play

Reaction Score

Article is very vague, but seriously unfortunate. She has been through a crap ton -- doesn't sound like we're ever going to see her play -- which is really unfortunate.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

Article is very vague, but seriously unfortunate. She has been through a crap ton -- doesn't sound like we're ever going to see her play -- which is really unfortunate.

Does anyone know why she's not cleared to play? It sounds like last year she redshirted just to learn the game better, not because of an injury.

Reaction Score
I wish they provided more information. She was practicing dunking in January and February (per her twitter anyway). Maybe she had a minor injury over the summer? Otherwise it has something to do with the school/NCAA.

Reaction Score
I wish they provided more information. She was practicing dunking in January and February (per her twitter anyway). Maybe she had a minor injury over the summer? Otherwise it has something to do with the school/NCAA.
It was briefly mentioned in an article in the summer, but it is an undisclosed heart condition. You'll likely still see her dunking this year (she also had a stress fracture and was in a boot at times last yea), but you won't see her in the game.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
It was briefly mentioned in an article in the summer, but it is an undisclosed heart condition. You'll likely still see her dunking this year (she also had a stress fracture and was in a boot at times last yea), but you won't see her in the game.
Oh, jeez, that's awful. I hope the doctors that be can find a treatment that allows her to play safely.

Reaction Score
Yes! I had high hopes for her. She had amazing BB skills for anyone her height. She also showed a really good understanding of the game, especially for someone that didn't play the game so long. Perhaps not playing till she was 15 didn't allow her to pick up bad habits that players often do at an early age?

While she has not been cleared, that possibility still seems to not have been totally eliminated for the future. Cal had a player with a heart condition and they stated early on that her basketball days were over. Perhaps medical advancements since then have created a possible door for her to eventually play?.

And fortunately for Oregon St. they have plenty of players with height, so they are not hurting at that position.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Sorry to hear...was really looking forward to seeing her play this season. Hope she is okay long term.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom