Oregon outscored AZ 18-5 in Q4 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Oregon outscored AZ 18-5 in Q4

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't think she had established both feet inbounds, her left one was in bounds, but I think the right one was still in the air when she caught the ball. I think that the refs should have stopped play to make sure that it did count. I just pray that Dee Kantner IS NOT reffing the game on Monday.

I don't think she needed to establish both feet in bounds. She needed just one. The question: was her right foot still on the line when she first touched the ball? It's very close.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Barnes wants to blame everyone but herself/team
She is acknowledging something that is true - she noted that other teams probably feel like that when they come to Arizona. I have floor seats, and PAC 12 refs are somewhat homers. I have seen opposing teams get hosed at McKale Center on individual calls and, while I couldn't watch this game, I'm sure there were calls that were "odd". I am so used to it.

She also acknowledged that Arizona didn't adjust to the fact the game was being tightly called and that was something that they had control over.

You don't have to worry about Kantner, only PAC 12 refs work PAC home games. I'm sure Geno will have UConn adjust to the PAC style, which largely lets a lot of physical play and scrums go, including banging under the basket, but almost always calls touch fouls both on the perimeter and under the basket.

Reaction Score
One of the referees officiating the game is infamous for making calls to draw attention to herself.

Reaction Score
Paopao was the only player in the last U19 team ( with Azzi, Betts and Amari ) who started every game. This will be a worthy opponent, away no less. I think it will be a hell of a game. Ware was on that same team also I believe.

Reaction Score
Oregon's win is a good thing for UConn.... it makes it a much better win for us if we beat them... Now all we have to do is win the damn game!
i like the way you think! i am always hoping that anyone on UConn’s schedule does as good as possible so that when we face them it’s a more legit win. i didn’t watch oregon play this year (super remote, limited internet) but based on everyone’s reports i think we got this.

Reaction Score
Oregon’s shooting was, to be kind, mediocre; plus, very few assists, so they must have done most of their scoring off the bounce. That is not a recipe for success against UConn, which is playing outstanding defense right now.

Reaction Score
Arizona's problem was they didn't have any good play by the bigs. Ware & Copeland fouled out 2 & 4 points. While their best was Smith with 10 points. Their other two forwards are both 6' and both Thomas and Love scored 8 points. 5 bigs scoring 34 points, versus 2 bigs for Oregon Sabally 20 points and Prince 16 Points for 36 points vs 34 points. Oregon only had 5 players score all 68 points, I don't see them doing that against UConn. @TheGOAT23 if that is your prediction post it on the Prognosticators Prediction thread.
I was only posting the final score of the Oregon vs Arizona game.

Reaction Score
I did not see the game so a general comment on the state of refereeing, full disclosure, this from someone who has posted forever, including on this board, that I hate ref bashing after a loss.
Anyway, the current state of refereeing is abysmal. Way worse on the women’s side, where game after game it is difficult to settle in and know what a foul is that particular day, never mind walking. Where games resemble rugby for 3 quarters and then in the 4th qtr are called like 1950 middle school dances, no touching, often slanted towards one team or the other. Many here have commented on the poor reffing and I have challenged some of those posts but I was wrong to do so, as I have watched more games it is clearly sub standard and horrendous in many cases.

Reaction Score
The confidence of fans based on the teams recent play needs to be put into context. I remind everyone that it is much more difficult to judge how well UConn is playing once they start league play. Fans made that same mistake last year. However, Oregon should be a good gage in that respect.

Reaction Score
Sorry Zarathustra, it WAS NOT Boris Karloff.
William Henry Pratt (November 23,1887 – February 2, 1969), better known by his stage name Boris Karloff , was an English actor who starred as Frankenstein's monster in the horror film Frankenstein (1931),

View attachment 72455
Boris Karloff
which established him as a horror icon. He reprised the role in Bride of Frankenstein (1935) and Son of Frankenstein (1939).

The Thriller video was release in 1983, 14 years AFTER Karloff died. Vincent Price is the person you're thinking of. HE is the person who narrated the video and it was HE who was laughing at the end of the song/video.

View attachment 72456

Vincent Leonard Price Jr. (May 27, 1911 – October 25, 1993) was an American actor best known for his performances in horror films, although his career.
Exactly..... of course, my friend: Mr. Price! Not to say that Boris was
not also a fine fellow, also with similar tastes = " The Horror,.... the Horror" as the man said in deepest Africa?
But a bright light shall shine in Eugene on Monday
for the visiting Huskies. I hope that I not wrong twice in a row.
Thanks for the correction. ... a near miss (?) for me , but you got the rebound and "put back". Well done! Z

Reaction Score
I think we'll be ok for Monday's game. :rolleyes:

1642338712113.png

Reaction Score
Geno was thinking of the Oregon game when he started Piath in the 4th quarter and played Amari half the quarter. If anyone is used to playing all game it's Christyn since she has been doing it for a full three years of her career. We should be OK at least into the 4th quarter. I am not sure if he will press Paopoa all of the first half. Maybe in spurts to be mixing it up. He has used the games to work on zones and pressing and they will probably use those along with man to man. It would be great to see Piath banging with Serbally. Go Huskies!!!!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Im glad she brought it up and its out there a d everyone is aware of it. Now we play Oregon and don't expect to see it happen.

Reaction Score

I don't have a problem with an F bomb if it's not directed at anybody in particular like she did at the Final Four, but if you're directing it at an opponent after a loss like she apparently did tonight, that's pretty damn classless.

What some coaches don't realize is that for some parents of recruits court side manners do matter.

Reaction Score
Barnes wants to blame everyone but herself/team

When you start throwing a tantrum which she did the whole game , flipping people off for all to see and then start blaming the refs for your teams panic playing in the fourth you kind of dilute any messages you have after the fact.

Like I said there is a reason she has lost recruiting battles against Oregon and Stanford. It does not help either that by far her best recruiter is now an Oregon assistant this year.

Seems to be a systemic problem or condition with the middle finger.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Classless slob should be sanction or fired. People who cheat to win and whine when someone doesn’t let them. Sounds like another team

Reaction Score
When you start throwing a tantrum which she did the whole game , flipping people off for all to see and then start blaming the refs for your teams panic playing in the fourth you kind of dilute any messages you have after the fact.

Like I said there is a reason she has lost recruiting battles against Oregon and Stanford. It does not help either that by far her best recruiter is now an Oregon assistant this year.

Seems to be a systemic problem or condition with the middle finger.

I was listening to the game on Oregon radio. The announcers were taken aback with what Barnes said to Kelly Graves after the game. All the said was "couldn't be repeated on radio. Classless."

Reaction Score
With UConn’s Q4 woes, how concerned should we be to beat Oregon all 4 quarters with their replenished roster?
At this point it isn't about winning or losing: It is How you Play the game. Further, with the talent on this team and lots of 3 years or 2 years of experience up to the Final 4. They may have lost their psychological leader, we must remember they played big games without her.
This will not be an easy game. To think Uconn is not going to be in the game, before it is played. WELL!
Sorry Zarathustra, it WAS NOT Boris Karloff.
William Henry Pratt (November 23,1887 – February 2, 1969), better known by his stage name Boris Karloff , was an English actor who starred as Frankenstein's monster in the horror film Frankenstein (1931),

View attachment 72455
Boris Karloff
which established him as a horror icon. He reprised the role in Bride of Frankenstein (1935) and Son of Frankenstein (1939).

The Thriller video was release in 1983, 14 years AFTER Karloff died. Vincent Price is the person you're thinking of. HE is the person who narrated the video and it was HE who was laughing at the end of the song/video.

View attachment 72456

Vincent Leonard Price Jr. (May 27, 1911 – October 25, 1993) was an American actor best known for his performances in horror films, although his career.
Vincent Price was much more scary than Boris. Both to me were excellent actors.

Reaction Score
At this point it isn't about winning or losing: It is How you Play the game. Further, with the talent on this team and lots of 3 years or 2 years of experience up to the Final 4. They may have lost their psychological leader, we must remember they played big games without her.
This will not be an easy game. To think Uconn is not going to be in the game, before it is played. WELL!

Vincent Price was much more scary than Boris. Both to me were excellent actors.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom