Oregon outscored AZ 18-5 in Q4 | The Boneyard

Oregon outscored AZ 18-5 in Q4

Reaction Score
With UConn’s Q4 woes, how concerned should we be to beat Oregon all 4 quarters with their replenished roster?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
To win the game...it's gonna be tough, tough.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Oregon has everybody healthy again. Its gonna be a tuff game. The score was tied at the end of regulation at 59. Not high scoring. Geno will have a game plan and we're playin pretty good right now, moving the ball really well and gettin everybody involved. We should be fine. Oregon is a much better team healthy then they were. Something that UConn is lookin forward to when Azzi and Paige get back.

Reaction Score
Sabally with 20 points, Paopao with 24 points,
and Prince with 16 points = for 60 points out
of the total of 68 for Oregon. The Ducks also with
22 of 26 foul shooting.
As Boris Karloff used to say: " This ( Monday)
will be a Thriller!" K

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Sabally with 20 points, Paopao with 24 points,
and Prince with 16 points = for 60 points out
of the total of 68 for Oregon. The Ducks also with
22 of 26 foul shooting.
As Boris Karloff used to say: " This ( Monday)
will be a Thriller!" K
Sorry Zarathustra, it WAS NOT Boris Karloff.
William Henry Pratt (November 23,1887 – February 2, 1969), better known by his stage name Boris Karloff , was an English actor who starred as Frankenstein's monster in the horror film Frankenstein (1931),

1642297536838.jpeg

Boris Karloff
which established him as a horror icon. He reprised the role in Bride of Frankenstein (1935) and Son of Frankenstein (1939).

The Thriller video was release in 1983, 14 years AFTER Karloff died. Vincent Price is the person you're thinking of. HE is the person who narrated the video and it was HE who was laughing at the end of the song/video.

1642297888434.jpeg

Vincent Leonard Price Jr. (May 27, 1911 – October 25, 1993) was an American actor best known for his performances in horror films, although his career.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oregon has everybody healthy again. Its gonna be a tuff game. The score was tied at the end of regulation at 59. Not high scoring. Geno will have a game plan and we're playin pretty good right now, moving the ball really well and gettin everybody involved. We should be fine. Oregon is a much better team healthy then they were. Something that UConn is lookin forward to when Azzi and Paige get back.
Our free throw shooting needs to get better. Matters in tight games..

Reaction Score
The pollsters say we are a top 10 team right now. Why should this be a problem..
@LoboDays the pollsters say AZ is #7 and oregon was a problem for them. evidence: they just beat AZ.

I definitely believe UConn can win but no harm in a discussion about it. it will be a good game for us.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I'd argue Oregon is a Top 10 team talent wise. Had a lot of injuries and COVID stuff. They're a different team with Pao Pao, Sabally and Prince all healthy. They're legit.

Great test for UConn
Oregon will be a tough test for any team if their big 3 are healthy and playing like they did tonight. Pao Pao, Sabally and Prince are all incredibly talented.

Reaction Score
It’s a good test against a good team. I’m just saying that if UCONN is a true top 10 team, they win a game like this one.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Arizona's problem was they didn't have any good play by the bigs. Ware & Copeland fouled out 2 & 4 points. While their best was Smith with 10 points. Their other two forwards are both 6' and both Thomas and Love scored 8 points. 5 bigs scoring 34 points, versus 2 bigs for Oregon Sabally 20 points and Prince 16 Points for 36 points vs 34 points. Oregon only had 5 players score all 68 points, I don't see them doing that against UConn. @TheGOAT23 if that is your prediction post it on the Prognosticators Prediction thread.

Reaction Score
Watch the final play in OT. Was the player's foot still out of bounds when she grabbed the rebound before making the game-winning shot?

Reaction Score
Why?
Before this game, Arizona was #7
You're not really anticipating a walk in the park are you?

Massey had Oregon(19) a 2 pt favorite over Ariz(9) at home. UConn(8) was a 2pt favorite at Oregon but tonight's game could alter that.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Watch the final play in OT. Was the player's foot still out of bounds when she grabbed the rebound before making the game-winning shot?
I don't think she had established both feet inbounds, her left one was in bounds, but I think the right one was still in the air when she caught the ball. I think that the refs should have stopped play to make sure that it did count. I just pray that Dee Kantner IS NOT reffing the game on Monday.

Reaction Score
Nice that Arizona Adia Barnes flipped off the Oregon team with 8 thousand people watching her as she walked off the court. Likely not caught on TV.

I guess winning the last 6 recruiting battles against her will do that. But as we know she has thrown F bombs out in the past and is getting quite the reputation in pac-12 venues.

Reaction Score
I don't think she had established both feet inbounds, her left one was in bounds, but I think the right one was still in the air when she caught the ball. I think that the refs should have stopped play to make sure that it did count. I just pray that Dee Kantner IS NOT reffing the game on Monday.
Glad to see others acknowledge how DEE KANTNER is as a ref.... she is so anti UCONN... it is not funny. I recall one game where she actually went over to a huddle and yelled at the players... but whatever...

Reaction Score

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Nice that Arizona Adia Barnes flipped off the Oregon team with 8 thousand people watching her as she walked off the court. Likely not caught on TV.

I guess winning the last 6 recruiting battles against her will do that. But as we know she has thrown F bombs out in the past and is getting quite the reputation in pac-12 venues.

I don't have a problem with an F bomb if it's not directed at anybody in particular like she did at the Final Four, but if you're directing it at an opponent after a loss like she apparently did tonight, that's pretty damn classless.

Reaction Score
IMHO anyone who thinks UConn is walking into a game against a regular unranked opponent is living on some planet somewhere far, far away. This is a talented, muscular, tall and long team that has its good players back and is just coming into its own. They would have been a tough out if UConn had Paige and Azzi. Not saying UConn cannot win, but it is going to be very tough.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom