One more thought about Lou. | The Boneyard

One more thought about Lou.

Reaction Score
Lou is a very smart young lady. She took the initiative to train in Ireland, and then she committed to finding a Division I school in the United States where she could get experience and hone her basketball skills. She became the go-to offensive threat at Fairfield. Then she decided to take her extra year of eligibility and transfer to a more challenging Division I program and, as luck would have it, Morgan Valley became aware of her and it took little enticement to get her to commit to UCONN where she would be a nice piece to the puzzle. Then all hell broke loose. Paige got injured, and then Azzi (and everyone else it seems) and, lo and behold, she becomes along with Edwards, the primary offensive threat for UCONN. Embracing the opportunity, she never misses a game, apparently in spite of a nagging leg or foot injury, Her offensive skills are on display and her defensive skills improve. Somehow she becomes an Honorable Mention All-American and makes First Team in the Big East Tournament. By now, most of WCBB knows who she is, and she may very well be a 1st round WNBA pick. Regardless, she will be drafted. She might not have had this opportunity had she not come to UCONN and, unfortunately, had not Paige and Azzi been injured. Hers is a remarkable story. It could only happen with a little luck, but a lot of initiative and motivation on her part. She didn't get the fairy tale ending she wanted, but I believe her full story has yet to be told. I'll miss her (and Dorka) as will many other BY'ers, but I'll definitely follow her progress in the WNBA.

Reaction Score
I'm confident that the LOU LOPEZ SENECHAL story will be a long and successful one!
Go Lou!!
I hope and expect that to be a true statement -- regardless of where that story takes place. She's a special one, and it was a privilege to watch her compete this season.

Reaction Score
Lou having a 25 point (9-13) performance in a tough game is exactly what we’ve come to expect from her. That says an enormous amount about what a revelation she’s been for UConn this year. I wish her nothing but the best and the same to Dorka, too!

Pilot B52

Pilot B52
Reaction Score
The Ohio State press completely blew UConn away at the end of the first and through the second quarters. Only Lou was able to overcome the pressure. She functioned like a pro and battled through it all. The rest of our girls never recovered enough to manage a coordinated effort to cut the lead. We needed someone else to play like Lou was playing. I notice that Virginia Tech was able to handle the Ohio State pressure. I wish them luck in the final four. They will need it.

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
Lou making the all tournament team for Seattle R3 is well deserved. Geno is right, Lou is level headed and keeps her composure in tough games. And she was so consistent game to game. I think we'll all miss her game and her wonderful personality. Shoot well at the next level Lou!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom