Men - Omaha travel arrangements | The Boneyard

Men Omaha travel arrangements

Reaction Score
Disclaimer: Not trying to jinx anything: Any early intel about travel/ticket arrangements for Omaha?

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I can confirm that UConn will be going to the College World Series this year.

I have always wanted to go to the College World Series, but have stayed strong in saying that I was going to wait until UConn was going to Omaha to make the experience all that more amazing. I've been waiting years (with painful disappointments in the early 2010s). This year is showing promise and I was starting to get ready with travel/ticket plans for myself and a small group given the optimism. But of course, today I just tested positive for COVID--so now even if UConn wins I will not be able to go to the CWS. Therefore, given this information, I can only assume that means that UConn is about to make the CWS for the one time in my lifetime and I am not going to be able to make it after waiting for years.

Having said that, from what I can tell from my early investigation of travel/tickets:

Not sure where you live, but you can get direct flights to Omaha from NYC on Southwest for for about $600/ticket. Although when I looked today, there were only a couple of tickets remaining at the cheaper price. I expect them to go up very soon, as the rest of the airline tickets to Omaha are closer to $1,000/ticket.

If you need a rental car, you are looking at about $80/day. And you may want to book it now in case they begin to sell out or boost prices after this weekend and you can always cancel the reservation if not needed.

As far as hotels, be ready to pay a decently large price for anything even remotely close to the Stadium--expect around $300/night. And I would book it now and you can cancel it if UConn doesn't advance, as I am sure the hotels will fill up starting on Saturday as teams win their Super Regional and fans book travel.

As for game tickets, you can get cheaper tickets ($50) for the first couple games in the outfield grandstands. If you want to have lower level infield tickets, you are probably looking at around $200/ticket. From the information I have gathered, it is typical to buy tickets for the first two games to lock them in....then try to buy tickets from the losing team fans after the other teams are eliminated (similar to how things used to work in the old Big East Basketball Tournament).

Hope that is helpful. Cannot believe I avoided COVID for 2.5 years, and then I get it now right before the CWS as UConn may make it for the first time in over 40 years.. Figures!

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Nebraska is a family school for my family (I am the exception and went to UConn but I’ve been to Omaha and Lincoln approximately ten million times and still go annually for football games).

Should we be fortunate enough to make it to the CWS I will type a longer response here on places to stay, how to get there, etc.

If any of you are planning and can’t wait until it’s confirmed we’re going, send me a PM and I’ll chat with you individually.

The CWS is awesome and I highly suggest it from an experience standpoint. Nebraska is a wonderful state with great people- everyone who goes is always shocked by how beautiful and fun the city is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom