Olympics US Women 3x3 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Olympics US Women 3x3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Saw that Team USA WBB 3x3 made it to the Finals! Great work, ladies. Keep it going. I am a huge fan of the 3x3 game. Love the rules and the pace. I got my team playing 3x3 every day over the summer. Whenever they get in the gym, we are working on fundamentals for 20-30 minutes and then I let them battle it out in some 3x3 with the FIBA rules, shot clock and all!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Well, their work is done. Goal (gold) achieved. Here are 4 proud and happy young ladies that can return home……no doubt smiling all the way back. Win or lose….America is proud of you ladies!!!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, their work is done. Goal (gold) achieved. Here are 4 proud and happy young ladies that can return home……no doubt smiling all the way back. Win or lose….America is proud of you ladies!!!
I would never ever change my clothes again

Reaction Score

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Would love to see this on video

But this gold distinguishes Dolson: the first at a new Olympic sport. Dolson, who overcame a bout with COVID-19 last year, goes by the nickname "Big Mama Stef" and put the gold medals around her teammates' necks in the medal ceremony.

Reaction Score
I am very impressed with Plum and Alisha, and not surprised by Stef's ability to lead the team. I do not think they can take the top medal, Young is too inexperienced and has an incomplete game for the 3 x 3.
I'm glad I was wrong about winning the Gold....not wrong about Young.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Question about Gray. Does she wear the goggles as they are prescription glasses to see, or are they worn as protection for a previous eye injury?
I believe she played a shift, or two, without the glasses on today. It could have been the sweat getting on the glasses and not being able to get them dry. Playing outdoors in the heat and humidity is not the same as indoors in a climate controlled arena.

Reaction Score
If Gray was lost, what do you call Young? Absent?
They won a gold medal and yet you still have to dig on Jackie Young. She was on vacation and came to help fill a void last-minute and she hasn't played 3 on 3 in awhile. She should be appreciated for that - end of story.

Not sure if it's the ND thing or what, but get over it.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Icing on the cake.

Had fate not stepped in and dealt Katie Lou a crushing blow, that count would have been 11. Its got to be heart breaking for Lou to see her team win gold, receive their medals and recognition for doing so, and not be part of it. :( Winning a gold medal and posing for pictures is a moment you remember the rest of your life. No doubt indorsement opportunities await these ladies upon their return home.

1627494915884.png

No one ever suggested life is fair. This is a glaring example. I'm hoping that Lou will get another chance in 2024 to be selected as an Olympian, and a chance to medal.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just remembered Ann Strother stepped in to win the first WC Gold medal played in 2012 when another player was injured - she was 3 year removed from pro ball at that point I believe and a surprise choice.

Reaction Score
They won a gold medal and yet you still have to dig on Jackie Young. She was on vacation and came to help fill a void last-minute and she hasn't played 3 on 3 in awhile. She should be appreciated for that - end of story.

Not sure if it's the ND thing or what, but get over it.
It is my point of view, not yours...there is nothing to get over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom