Olympics US Women 3x3 | The Boneyard

Olympics US Women 3x3

Status
Not open for further replies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Fast action, lots of fun to watch. The announcer kept confusing Young, Gray and Plum. He figured out who Stef was though!
and he was completely lost on tactics.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
France was tough in June's prelim, so we are looking good.

Reaction Score
Interesting tactics between the two games against France and Mongolia. France let Stef get pretty close to the basket with single coverage and she was able to convert a lot of layups. Mongolia basically mugged Stef and cheated a bit on coverage to deny her the ball. That let Allisha Gray and Kelsey Plum open for their shots, particularly Gray who was able to convert a number of long balls.

Great team makeup. If one avenue isn't working they have the personnel to quickly switch gears and capitalize on what is available.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Stef is awesome in this format. Her size is such a weapon and she's gotten herself into such good shape that she can handle the fast-paced game with no problem.

At one point Dolson went out against France and France's big immediately went to work against the small US lineup. That's where the Young-KLS swap hurts the US. Young looked very much like the new addition to the team in general and was hesitant to look for her own shot.

Reaction Score
Thank you guys and gals. I gave up trying to find what channel the games were on. What time the games were being played. I will live through guys or watch YouTube to stay updated.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
FYI. For those not able or wanting to use the streams, the full 3 x 3 session is on USA at 9am edt.
Bummed. I DVR'd this on USA and all they had were 2 different men's matchups.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
It is on NBCSNH. Carrying all the Olympics games.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Bummed. I DVR'd this on USA and all they had were 2 different men's matchups.
Yes. Sorry. I think they put it finally on NBC in the afternoon

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Saw a delay of the Mongolia game. Plum hit a couple behind the arc and had a couple nice drives, but she had some horrible shots. One wide open 3 was an airball and was way off line, another 3 from the corner hit the side of the backboard. Ouch.

Yeah, Young clearly hasn't gotten the hang of 3X3 ball so far. I would think she'd be able to drive at will for layups or pull up 5-10 footers.

Reffing is very relaxed. I saw all kinds of traveling that wasn't called, fouls had to be really egregious. Steff stepped on the sideline trying to save a long rebound, no call. On one jump ball, one of the Mongolia players was standing behind Plum, had her in a bear hug the whole time the loose ball scrum was going on. That's a whole lot of contact for no foul call. To their credit the players kept the complaining to a minimum, just played ball.

Reaction Score
South Carolina Athletics plotted out the schedule for all of Team USA and Canada's games, providing links for live streams and time/network info for televised replays.

EDIT: The live stream links remain as the links to replay the broadcasts.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Stef is awesome in this format. Her size is such a weapon and she's gotten herself into such good shape that she can handle the fast-paced game with no problem.

At one point Dolson went out against France and France's big immediately went to work against the small US lineup. That's where the Young-KLS swap hurts the US. Young looked very much like the new addition to the team in general and was hesitant to look for her own shot.
I just watched the France game on replay. It was a close game until about 3 minutes left. France could not get their outside shots to fall.

FWIW I think Young is a great choice for the replacement among the players that were available. In 3x3 you need someone with a motor, versatile on offense and a tenacious defender, and she ticks all those boxes. Aside from the matchup problems when Stef goes out of the game, I like the roster. Jackie will get more comfortable with each game, and it can't hurt that she's Plum's teammate on the Aces.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA beats Romania 22-11 in today's first game. Kelsey Plum was the scoring leader followed by Stef Dolson.

USA plays Russia next at 8:25 this morning. Russia at the time of this posting is also undefeated.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Another great win vs. Romania. Plum on fire, Stef unstoppable. Go USA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom