Olivia's First Start | The Boneyard

Olivia's First Start

Reaction Score
Olivia started, and got 8 pts, 10 rebounds and 4 blocks.

Go, Liv!
Yup, from when she arrived in LA and appeared third or fourth on the depth chart, the waters parted and, lo and behold, she's now it. Good for Liv, she took full advantage of her opportunity.

It's amazing how some players never quite get it in college and somehow click at the WNBA level. Whether she can continue to be effective is very much up in the air, but she definitely played well the other night!

Reaction Score
Watched the 1st Q of the game, O had 6 points and 3 rebounds, and looked very good. I questioned if she was W material at times last season. Dead wrong!!! Good for her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Liv is still making mistakes, but seems to be improving. With Liz being divorced and Chiney hurt, she's out there battling and doing ok. She needs to be more decisive and quicker with the ball.

Reaction Score
Liv is still making mistakes, but seems to be improving. With Liz being divorced and Chiney hurt, she's out there battling and doing ok. She needs to be more decisive and quicker with the ball.
She's fast down the court, but slow in the lane. She's shown some new moves recently, and if she can turn those into speed moves, she'll do well. Also, that slow, rhythmic, high dribble is just daring the little people to take the ball away from her.

Reaction Score
Late in the season the Sparks team is morphing into defensive tigers and Liv is an imposing part of that with her length and quickness. Though they lost the Liberty game in her first start by 3 pts, the Liberty's best moments occured when Liv was on the bench. On defense, she disrupted shooters, intimidated them, stole the ball, blocked shots and, mostly, played like a veteran.
The previous night she was stalking a ball handler on the perimeter, stole the ball and drove the court for a lay-up. She had a big smile on her face after that one. She is fully embedded in the Sparks rotation.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The improvement in Liv's play is clearly observable, although she still has a way to go. Yesterday though I saw her turn over her left shoulder and do a step through on her mark. Something I never saw her do once at the college level. Good on her.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yup, from when she arrived in LA and appeared third or fourth on the depth chart, the waters parted and, lo and behold, she's now it. Good for Liv, she took full advantage of her opportunity.

It's amazing how some players never quite get it in college and somehow click at the WNBA level. Whether she can continue to be effective is very much up in the air, but she definitely played well the other night!
I’m going to be completely honest, I was skeptical Liv would make the cut, but she did. Once the Sparks starting post Liz Cambage decided Mid-season that she no longer wanted to be part of the team, that opened the door (wide) for Liv. She’s getting minutes now she would not have gotten otherwise. Good for her. Glad to see her take advantage of the opportunity.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
2 quick fouls in first 2 minutes against Atlanta. Out of the game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Liv with 2 clutch FT's with Sparks leading 77-76 with 4 seconds to ice the game against the Mystics. :D:D
Sorry. This is the thread I wanted this.

Reaction Score
Sorry. This is the thread I wanted this.
I loved seeing Liv with back-to-back smooth free throw conversions with the game hanging in the balance. She continues to impress me with the big plays she makes.

I surely do hope, however, she finds a way to curb her habit of swinging her elbows head high when she's in close quarters. One of these days she's either going to put somebody's eye out or get pounded in retaliation. She got away with it in the closing seconds, but won't every time.

It was also good to see KLS finding her form with a 15-point game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I loved seeing Liv with back-to-back smooth free throw conversions with the game hanging in the balance. She continues to impress me with the big plays she makes.

I surely do hope, however, she finds a way to curb her habit of swinging her elbows head high when she's in close quarters. One of these days she's either going to put somebody's eye out or get pounded in retaliation. She got away with it in the closing seconds, but won't every time.

It was also good to see KLS finding her form with a 15-point game.
Liv will get her fouling and wild limbs under control. Lou actually had gotten her game back last half of the Atl game.

Reaction Score
The past 4 years, when ever Liv shot from the key or longer, it always seemed that the crowd held its breath and the announcers analyzed every shot in great detail. Now she appears loose and plays without unnecessary thought. Not sure what conversations she and Geno had in the past, but she appears very comfortable now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom