Okay, now who do we root for | The Boneyard

Okay, now who do we root for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There are currently 19 teams left, as right now UNI is playing A&M tough and Xavier/Wisconsin have a close matchup (Oregon/St. Joe's still on deck), we'll soon to be at 16. Another post touched on this, and there are slim pickings.

I could live with 1-11, really. The other would be various degrees of unpalatable.

Here's my rankings of who I want to win, and why:

1. UNI: Let the world burn.
2. Gonzaga: They don't have a title, they rarely recruit against us, it'd be a great story. Why not?
3. St. Joe's: Why not? I like Bembry a lot, and they were a tough out two years ago. I like Martelli enough.
4. Oklahoma: Hield's been fun to watch, they don't go after many of the same recruits, and they don't have a title.
5. Iowa State: Fun offense, don't think their new coach is as good as Hoiberg, so a title might not have the sustainability. Wouldn't bother me in the least.
6. Texas A&M: No title, not really worried about them long term. Wouldn't really bother me.
7. Xavier: I'd feel bad for Kobe, as this would be a further kick in the sack, but no title, no real issues with the program. If they win, so be it..
8. Villanova: They had one miracle on in the 80s, so I don't think getting #2 would be all that big a deal
9. Wisconsin: they won't win, nor do they deserve to for letting Duke get #5 last year.
10. Virginia: No title, but I'd prefer the ACC not get one this year, if possible.
11. Oregon: Too shady with their Nike deals
12. Miami: Still bitter about Darius Rice and conference realignment
13. Maryland: too many shady dealings to get Stone. Don't want them to get a second title.
14. Indiana: They have 5, no reason for them to get 6 and pull further ahead of us.
15. Notre Dame: No need to ask this, really.
16. Syracuse: 4 is still > than 2, but obviously I'd prefer to avoid that.
17. Kansas: 4 would, in fact, be equal to 4.
18. Duke: Obvious
19. UNC: Cheaters

Reaction Score
we are constantly in recruiting battles with the terps, ku needs to pound them

Reaction Score
If I had to pick one of the teams listed to win a title this year it would be Gonzaga or maybe St Joes. Some of the others wouldn't bother me all that much and some I would prefer didn't win.

Reaction Score
Villanova, my son is a Nova grad so I feel like I'm invested.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
1) Gonzaga
2) OK, I might win something
3) OR, because the left coast hasn't won anything in a long time
4) WI, they beat UK last year
5) A&M
6) ISU
7) UNC, again, I have them in my brackets AND I don't really like anybody I have lower
8) IN
9) Nova
10) VA
11) Twerps, what could have been
12) KU, let them feel the same pain I do
13) Miami, Donna She Lie La is still their President (I think)
14) ND, f them and theirs too
15) Cuse, because Dook will always be last
16) Dook, c'mon man

only two lower seeds remain, and they're playing each other

Not one real Cinderella left after the 1st weekend

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I don't wanna provide an explanation for each because I'm at work and need to be somewhat productive after Thursday and Friday, but:

1. Gonzaga
2. Iowa State
3. Oklahoma
4. Oregon
5. Texas A&M
6. Wisconsin
7. Miami
8. Virginia
9. Villanova
10. Maryland
11. Indiana
12. Kansas
13. Notre Dame
14. UNC
15. Duke
16. Fruit: I can't bear to let Jim Boeheim tie Tyler Olander.

Reaction Score
Updated:

1. Gonzaga: They don't have a title, they rarely recruit against us, it'd be a great story. Why not?
2. Oklahoma: Hield's been fun to watch, they don't go after many of the same recruits, and they don't have a title.
3. Iowa State: Fun offense, don't think their new coach is as good as Hoiberg, so a title might not have the sustainability. Wouldn't bother me in the least.
4. Texas A&M: No title, not really worried about them long term. Wouldn't really bother me.
5. Villanova: They had one miracle on in the 80s, so I don't think getting #2 would be all that big a deal
6. Wisconsin: they won't win, nor do they deserve to for letting Duke get #5 last year.
7. Virginia: No title, but I'd prefer the ACC not get one this year, if possible.
8. Oregon: Too shady with their Nike deals
9. Miami: Still bitter about Darius Rice and conference realignment
10. Maryland: too many shady dealings to get Stone. Don't want them to get a second title.
11. Indiana: They have 5, no reason for them to get 6 and pull further ahead of us.
12. Notre Dame: No need to ask this, really.
13. Syracuse: 4 is still > than 2, but obviously I'd prefer to avoid that.
14. Kansas: 4 would, in fact, be equal to 4.
15. Duke: Obvious
16. UNC: Cheaters

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Until UConn lands in a P5 conference I will have a very tough time rooting for any P5 school or any BE school. So I guess it's the Zags.

Yesterday definitely sucked for anyone hoping for G5 schools to make the S16. Put out an APB for Cinderella.

Reaction Score
1. Wisconsin - my second team
2. Gonzaga - would be fun
3. Virginia - harmless
4. Texas A&M - after that comeback, would be an epic story
5. Oregon - hard to hate them, in BB anyway

Other than that?

I don't hate Kansas or Indiana, but would prefer they don't add any more titles.

The rest? UGH

Reaction Score
Gonazaga is the only team I can root for. Can't stand the ACC and don't want a football school (TAMU, Oklahoma, Oregon) winning it.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma, Iowa State or Indiana are ok with me, like the way they all play.

Like to see Buddy, Spangler, Cousins and gang win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom