OK, Steven Krajewski Did What He Had To Do When The Opportunity Presented Itself. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OK, Steven Krajewski Did What He Had To Do When The Opportunity Presented Itself.

Reaction Score
He throws a nice post pass. Definitely. He is not good with speed or location on WR screens, which, when coupled with horrible blocking in the open field, makes for horrible offensive plays. He's also not great throwing in the flat.

They rarely even try to get him to throw a crossing pattern. Normally I'd suggest the coaches have seen him not throw that pass well in practice so they don't include it in the game plan, but with the bozos on thsi staff, he could be Aaron Rogers good and they just don't notice it..
I totally agree with that. We all know this coaching staff isn’t that great at seeing potential talent. Randy Edsall was to loyal to his upperclassman even if he had a gem that was a freshman or sophomore.

Reaction Score
Kid puts his team on his back second game out of 4 with 3 total tds and people wanna hate on a kid that’s a sophomore in his 4th game. And hate to burst any one’s bubble who gonna transfer there with the history of the way this program has treated qbs
You’re the thinnest-skinned cheerleader ever.

Sheesh.

Look, Steven Krajewski is a serviceable QB. It’s not picking on the kid to state that he is wildly inconsistent, especially so with passes that he shouldn’t be inconsistent on…he very rarely hits his running backs and receivers on swing passes and screens where he should be hitting them so that they can catch it in stride and run. They’re consistently behind them, on their shoelaces, etc., etc.

if you were to ask him about it he would probably self admit as to the things he needs to do better.

He’s had more than enough experience at this level now that you’re not allowed to do the “he’s only in his n-th game” excuse making
for the flawed things he did during a given game.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Kid puts his team on his back second game out of 4 with 3 total tds and people wanna hate on a kid that’s a sophomore in his 4th game. And hate to burst any one’s bubble who gonna transfer there with the history of the way this program has treated qbs
Look, we all know the dudes your homeboy but, as pointed out, he is very inconsistent. That said, I give him credit for all the good stuff and I can put up with the bad. He is who he is and he is our only viable option right now. He’s playing at a higher level than anyone here (in the yard, I mean) ever did, so you shouldn’t feel the need to constantly defend him. He’s playing with one hand tied behind his back with this O-line and coaching staff, but I love his guts and grit, because l think he’s also playing hurt right now. That speaks volumes about him as player and a teammate. He is a team player….big time.

Reaction Score
I get he isn’t strong with the swing passes my thing is why continue to call them? Call plays to his advantages. And after one bad pass you see people say the kid sucks bench him blah blah when other players get hell of excuses made for them. And im sorry three starts isn’t a lot of exp with a whole year off and three different OCs since he’s been here

Reaction Score
You can't be great when coaches don't let you throw it...and put Mensah in. Second half was a disgusting example of hanging on to win instead of using your best players to finish it out.
The kid has lots of talent. They decided to play clock instead of talent. It almost cost us a win. Don't you dare put this on Krajewski. He played just fine. Play calling sucked. Especially in the second half.
Agree with play calling! Everything going on is a mystery ship!
We have heard nothing about Tyler Phommachanh since Vandy but he appeared today suited up on the sideline.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Also, Spencer Rattler listed as a “co starter” tonight. This kids got the biggest ego in CFB and I guess the coach is willing to stroke it.

Reaction Score
To me it seems like he doesnt get enough velocity on the WR screens. This gives the defenders a little more time to react and get off their blocks. It may also result in one being pick 6'ed someday. I wish they'd scrap those plays altogether unless the d is playing so soft it guarantees at least 5 yards.

Reaction Score
To me it seems like he doesnt get enough velocity on the WR screens. This gives the defenders a little more time to react and get off their blocks. It may also result in one being pick 6'ed someday. I wish they'd scrap those plays altogether unless the d is playing so soft it guarantees at least 5 yards.
Nothing ever comes from it except negative yards

Reaction Score
I get he isn’t strong with the swing passes my thing is why continue to call them? Call plays to his advantages. And after one bad pass you see people say the kid sucks bench him blah blah when other players get hell of excuses made for them. And im sorry three starts isn’t a lot of exp with a whole year off and three different OCs since he’s been here
One bad pass? Out of the probably 30-35 passing attempts he only had like 3 good passes, the rest were over thrown, under thrown or behind the WRs. We were not watching the same game. Even the announcers were just wow at how badly inaccurate and inconsistent he was. I’ll give you the sophomore, 4games excuse but the kid didn’t have one bad pass.

Reaction Score
One bad pass? Out of the probably 30-35 passing attempts he only had like 3 good passes, the rest were over thrown, under thrown or behind the WRs. We were not watching the same game. Even the announcers were just wow at how badly inaccurate and inconsistent he was. I’ll give you the sophomore, 4games excuse but the kid didn’t have one bad pass.
Geez, enough with pouring on the kid. Tom Brady would have a hard time behind this O-Line. They are young and really struggle to block right now. Kid had a pretty good game. I suspect when Tyler Phommachanh is ready to go he'll be back in there. Some of you are insufferable.

Reaction Score
Purdue always seems to upset someone this time of year. Good for them. I love it.
I also think Iowa is overrated. Penn State was taking it to them until their QB got hurt. That was the only reason Iowa won that game.

Reaction Score
That's known as throwing a perfect pass.

He is by far the best passer on the team. Trying to throw shade on a 60-yard TD is strange indeed.
Right like he kid you did your job. Some boneyardian haters well he almost over threw it ‍♂️

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
it reminded me of leads I had seen in the past when they tried to run the game out before they had the other team knocked out as they kept letting them off the canvas.

UConn needs another play caller and if we see the wide receiver screen I will be teed off. It hasn't worked, then stop using it

Reaction Score
Geez, enough with pouring on the kid. Tom Brady would have a hard time behind this O-Line. They are young and really struggle to block right now. Kid had a pretty good game. I suspect when Tyler Phommachanh is ready to go he'll be back in there. Some of you are insufferable.
Realist not insufferable … but let’s not get so sensitive.

Reaction Score
Today didn't suggest that Steven Krajewski is the guy to lead the team next year but it reinforced why we need a new OC and HC to run the offense.
Of course anybody with a brain could have figured out by now he is a better vertical thrower than quick screens and 2-6 yard outs. If you put the kid under center, run out of play action sets which allows backs to hit the line faster, draws up LBs, he would be fine. But we insist on running delayed zone read runs, throwing horizontally, and making the kid do what he doesn’t do well. He isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed on reads, but he can produce if you use the tools he has properly.

Reaction Score
Biggest question I have. Did our offensive play calling change so much from Vandy to now due to a belief that Krajewski couldn’t run it or due to the fact that Mazzone left?

While we had a few flashes of creativity today, there was still way too much super short, side to side plays where Yale was able to stack the box, press cover and blow up our offense on a regular basis.

Let’s go up tempo the whole game. Krajewski is best that way. I’d love to see a whole game of hurry up, shot gun offense with some Carter mixed in.

Reaction Score
Let’s go up tempo the whole game. Krajewski is best that way. I’d love to see a whole game of hurry up, shot gun offense with some Carter mixed in.
Exactly that’s what he’s more comfortable with. Fast pace that is why he came here to play in the fast pace lashlee offense

Reaction Score
And didn't throw a pick.
You can't be great when coaches don't let you throw it...and put Mensah in. Second half was a disgusting example of hanging on to win instead of using your best players to finish it out.
The kid has lots of talent. They decided to play clock instead of talent. It almost cost us a win. Don't you dare put this on Krajewski. He played just fine. Play calling sucked. Especially in the second half.
I could not have said it any better sir. Our coaches needed to open up the playbook instead of leaving it in the locker room at halftime

Reaction Score
Look, we all know the dudes your homeboy but, as pointed out, he is very inconsistent. That said, I give him credit for all the good stuff and I can put up with the bad. He is who he is and he is our only viable option right now. He’s playing at a higher level than anyone here (in the yard, I mean) ever did, so you shouldn’t feel the need to constantly defend him. He’s playing with one hand tied behind his back with this O-line and coaching staff, but I love his guts and grit, because l think he’s also playing hurt right now. That speaks volumes about him as player and a teammate. He is a team player….big time.
Spot on analysis

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom