OK, Steven Krajewski Did What He Had To Do When The Opportunity Presented Itself. | The Boneyard

OK, Steven Krajewski Did What He Had To Do When The Opportunity Presented Itself.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Didn't see it, I concede you were first then.

Lol. Not worried about that. I actually thought I mentioned it in this thread because it definitely caught my attention.

He can still lock on receivers and holds on to the ball too long too often, but he did a much better job of not forcing the ball today.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
'wasn't great' is one way to put it
You can't be great when coaches don't let you throw it...and put Mensah in. Second half was a disgusting example of hanging on to win instead of using your best players to finish it out.
The kid has lots of talent. They decided to play clock instead of talent. It almost cost us a win. Don't you dare put this on Krajewski. He played just fine. Play calling sucked. Especially in the second half.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
When they play to the kids strengths he’s good example vandy and three drives against Yale. Stop with the bubble and rn screen passes
The two TDs were on blown coverages - if there had been any defense, do those completions exist?

I agree the OC is crazy with the number of screens. But are you arguing screen passes are a weakness for Krajewski? If so, that’s a weird argument.

I thought he looked a lot more comfortable in the pocket today and I hope he can keep it going and give the next HC something to think about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The two TDs were on blown coverages - if there had been any defense, do those completions exist?

I agree the OC is crazy with the number of screens. But are you arguing screen passes are a weakness for Krajewski? If so, that’s a weird argument.

I’m sure the next coach will bring in his QB and I expect Krajewski will be FCS bound next fall. I thought he looked a lot more comfortable in the pocket today and I hope he can keep it going and give the next HC something to think about.

May be so on blown coverage but Z,J blew at least one easy walk in TD every game. Sometimes making easy plays look easy is the characteristic of a good QB.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Biggest question I have. Did our offensive play calling change so much from Vandy to now due to a belief that Krajewski couldn’t run it or due to the fact that Mazzone left?

While we had a few flashes of creativity today, there was still way too much super short, side to side plays where Yale was able to stack the box, press cover and blow up our offense on a regular basis.

Reaction Score
Y’all cri
He was about 3/4 inch from overthrowing that first TD but glad receiver pulled it in.
You critque that much but when jay rose had to stop running and catch a pass from Tyler Phommachanh that looked like a punt y’all were cool with it? He hit the kid in stride for 6. Steps up in the pocket knowing he’s going to get hit. It’s his 4th game ever only 3rd start. This isn’t bama or uofm.

Reaction Score

I’m sure the next coach will bring in his QB and I expect Krajewski will be FCS bound next fall. I thought he looked a lot more comfortable in the pocket today and I hope he can keep it going and give the next HC something to think about.
How bout the fade in second half that was dropped or in The comentators words the ball that was a dart between two defenders that’ were dropped

Reaction Score
Kid puts his team on his back second game out of 4 with 3 total tds and people wanna hate on a kid that’s a sophomore in his 4th game. And hate to burst any one’s bubble who gonna transfer there with the history of the way this program has treated qbs

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Y’all cri

You critque that much but when jay rose had to stop running and catch a pass from Tyler Phommachanh that looked like a punt y’all were cool with it? He hit the kid in stride for 6. Steps up in the pocket knowing he’s going to get hit. It’s his 4th game ever only 3rd start. This isn’t bama or uofm.
He’s maddeningly inconsistent at best. Odd how you only remember positive plays.

Reaction Score
Is it just me or does Steven Krajewski throw a nice ball for a touchdown. Then after that it seems like his game falls apart. There are throws I see from him and say man he is great. Then he totally gets away from his game and throws a interception or holds the ball too long for a sack. I was wondering if any others see this in him.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
He’s maddeningly inconsistent at best. Odd how you only remember positive plays.
Agree but I don’t think this is the game to say that QB play was our biggest problem.

I think that honor belongs with our OL who have repeatedly shown that they aren’t capable of beating out what should be inferior opponents. That and the abysmal play calling on offense.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Definitely inconsistent. The key today was his inconsistent passes were INC instead of INT. He's having to learn just like pitchers need to learn when trying to paint the corner. Either paint the corner or miss outside. You try to pain the corner and miss to the middle of the plate and it's bad juju. For K,S it's learning to either get it in to WR's hands, or make it an incomplete pass.

He still needs to get much better going through progressions vice locking on to a target and getting rid of the ball as pocket collapses.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Is it just me or does Steven Krajewski throw a nice ball for a touchdown. Then after that it seems like his game falls apart. There are throws I see from him and say man he is great. Then he totally gets away from his game and throws a interception or holds the ball too long for a sack. I was wondering if any others see this in him.

He throws a nice post pass. Definitely. He is not good with speed or location on WR screens, which, when coupled with horrible blocking in the open field, makes for horrible offensive plays. He's also not great throwing in the flat.

They rarely even try to get him to throw a crossing pattern. Normally I'd suggest the coaches have seen him not throw that pass well in practice so they don't include it in the game plan, but with the bozos on thsi staff, he could be Aaron Rogers good and they just don't notice it..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom