Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
But there's 6 pages about them here
Never miss a good opportunity for schadenfreude. Truth be told, maybe 4 1/2 pages of that is Boeheim nose, picking comments, jokes, and puns and, of course, my undying support for Coach Boeheim.

Reaction Score
Poking fun at the desperation they're exhibiting is fun to a point but the best for me was how we changed things at MSG during the Big East tournament starting in 1990. Crowds had been heavily Syracuse, Georgetown and St. John's fans but then, in what seemed only an instant, UConn had half the arena.

Until we took over the league, the constants in the crowd were: Georgetown guys in their suits with yellow ties; and the Syracuse fans wrapped in all sorts of orange items:
Hats, sneakers, shoelaces, pants, jackets, shirts, earrings, necklaces, man bun rubber bands, you name it.

Then they melted into the background and went quietly......

Reaction Score
Got an update on the state of Louisville basketball?
Tired Mondays GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
I am not the type of poster to beat a man when he is down, but this UConn team would beat the Cuse by 50.

Reaction Score
Great Watch beating the Orange to be #1 I remember how pumped I was that night..... Time for another #1 soon

A couple of things to note - 17 straight after that W, amazing in the BE.

And I can't believe JC didn't kill Kirk King for trying to score twice in the last 2.5 seconds? LOL

Reaction Score
I did not start watching UCONN (or Big East) basketball until the Mid90s, but I never thought of Syracuse as an elite program. I thought Syracuse was up there with UCONN, but we obviously surpassed them in terms of national championships. It is unclear to me why they seem to think they are better than us, when the metrics appear to be quite even (of course we trounce them at the National Championship level). I know they get more money in the ACC, but they are an outlier in a southern conference. I know football drives the bus, but the move to the ACC has done little for their basketball program. No natural rivals. The fan base seems a bit delusional, so it’s nice to see those inflated egos being brought down a few notches.
They were, to be fair. They were right there with Georgetown, St Johns, and Nova when the Big East first came to power in the mid 80s. UConn was not. But that was a long, LONG time ago. To be fair, that ceased to be the case when UConn took over Big East dominance in the early 1990s and culminated with owning the Big East for the majority of two decades until UConn left the conference.

Reaction Score
A couple of things to note - 17 straight after that W, amazing in the BE.

And I can't believe JC didn't kill Kirk King for trying to score twice in the last 2.5 seconds? LOL
Heck yeah. I was there that day. Quite a "We're #1" chant by the UConn faithful in the building that day

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Not paying attention, who'd they lose to now?

Did notice the ESPN promo for Cuse/GTown. Looks like someone's grandpa took over programming for the day or it's part of the ESPN cuse alumni office holiday party since none of the meeting rooms still has a working VCR to watch those grainy tapes from the 80's.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
They had a offensive lineman thrown out of their football game with Boston College for punching a player multiple times in back of the head. A lot of angry athletes in Cuse these days. Maybe they have a sucker punch course.

Football players intentionally punching helmets will never not crack me up.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Football players intentionally punching helmets will never not crack me up.
That’s why Woody Hayes went directly for the throat

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
They had a offensive lineman thrown out of their football game with Boston College for punching a player multiple times in back of the head. A lot of angry athletes in Cuse these days. Maybe they have a sucker punch course.

I hate BC but love how cool the kid was taking the hits from the loser from Cuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom