Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG

Reaction Score
... that Syracuse has Hurley on their list to possibly take over after JB leaves. For a fan base that looks down on us, they can't stop thinking about us.

Why would Hurley leave UCONN to go Syracuse??

Reaction Score
... that Syracuse has Hurley on their list to possibly take over after JB leaves. For a fan base that looks down on us, they can't stop thinking about us.

Reading that thread on the Syracuse board is both hysterical and VERY satisfying. It's worth a minute of your time if you haven't read it.

Reaction Score
He wouldn’t. They are delusional and that thread is hilarious.
There’s a certain satisfaction in knowing that their main reasoning could be “he has experience taking a failing program and turning it back into a contender like he’s doing at UConn”

Reaction Score
Reading that thread on the Syracuse board is both hysterical and VERY satisfying. It's worth a minute of your time if you haven't read it.
They talk like they were the ones ahead of us and we overtook them. That was 40 years ago. Not a happy group. Is this Boeheim’s last year?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Someone needs a geography lesson.

GG

Reaction Score
He wouldn’t. They are delusional and that thread is hilarious.
I did not start watching UCONN (or Big East) basketball until the Mid90s, but I never thought of Syracuse as an elite program. I thought Syracuse was up there with UCONN, but we obviously surpassed them in terms of national championships. It is unclear to me why they seem to think they are better than us, when the metrics appear to be quite even (of course we trounce them at the National Championship level). I know they get more money in the ACC, but they are an outlier in a southern conference. I know football drives the bus, but the move to the ACC has done little for their basketball program. No natural rivals. The fan base seems a bit delusional, so it’s nice to see those inflated egos being brought down a few notches.

Reaction Score
To be fair, it’s just a couple people over there that think Hurley is a candidate. Most have enough common sense that it would never happen.

I saw in another thread and on Reddit before that they would try to make a run at Oats. That’ll be a A LOT of money to try to pry him away from Bama, but that would actually be a good hire for them and annoying for us. Again would Oats even want to leave Bama? Probably not but money talks and he has a network up north.

Reaction Score
To be fair, it’s just a couple people over there that think Hurley is a candidate. Most have enough common sense that it would never happen.

I saw in another thread and on Reddit before that they would try to make a run at Oats. That’ll be a A LOT of money to try to pry him away from Bama, but that would actually be a good hire for them and annoying Azzi Fudd for us. Again would Oats even want to leave Bama? Probably not but money talks and he has a network up north.

Oats will move but not to that dumpster fire. He is on the blue blood trajectory.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

1669993381577.png

I know exactly how he feels! I mean, if we hired Nick Saban, I’d be totally out for football, just men’s, and women’s basketball, hockey, and baseball for me! (yeah, I know Hurley’s not Saban but the Canadians have as much chance of hiring him as we do of hiring Sabin.)

They are a delusional bunch over there with an occasional point of sanity.
BAA46141-2858-482A-ADE8-D325DE94AEDB.jpeg

If I recall correctly, Dr. Bombay used to post on The Boneyard from time to time. He seems less delusional than the rest.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol reading the Syracuse board is just the best right now.
99154733-1F69-4B93-B2A3-0D8AF6B7DECA.jpeg

I know we would totally suck if we didn’t actually, you know, bringing recruits. :rolleyes:
E990ACD0-EEB7-48C1-8890-A313689BA887.jpeg

I love the UConn lapped us comments. You see that from time to time over there. Their despair is just so sweet.

Reaction Score

That thread is pure gold. They hate Coach Hurley so much because he coaches UConn. It's glorious.

Reaction Score
The Syracuse admin., through its misshandling of the Boheim situation, has shown an incredible level of ineptitude. If they don’t have a top list of replacement basketball coaches in their top drawer, if not then on the top of their desk, and Dan Hurley’s name isn’t in the top 5 of that list, then that admin is even more incompetent then we thought.

I am in no way suggesting that Hurley would entertain the thought of going there, but DH should absolutely be on Syrapuke’s short list of potential replacements.

Reaction Score
I’m enjoying the demise of all of our former conference mates who have fallen off a cliff:
Pitt, cuse, lville and BC

It’s like the karma train is stopping and backing back over them all
Don't forget Miami and VaTech........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members