Official Men's Hockey Recruiting Thread | Page 32 | The Boneyard

Official Men's Hockey Recruiting Thread

jho

Reaction Score
I’ve put together an updated roster grid. Obviously, between the transfer portal and the unknown timing as to when incoming recruits will begin their UConn careers, it’s subject to change.

Attachments

• 62837462-40AA-4F53-88C4-32EA01C0CB92.jpeg
    62837462-40AA-4F53-88C4-32EA01C0CB92.jpeg
    699.9 KB · Views: 246
Reaction Score
At a minimum two defensemen from the portal.

I would like to see a high end forward be brought in.

Reaction Score
At a minimum two defensemen from the portal.

I would like to see a high end forward be brought in.
Not sure if he'll use it because he's 24 years old now, but Lucas has the COVID year option

Reaction Score
Samuel Boisvert (2005) will play in the BCHL for the Nanaimo Clippers next season.

Reaction Score
What has happened to the recruiting of this program since Joe Pereira left for Boston University?

They have gotten only four recruits, not including the two transfers, in over a year since the hiring of Joe’s brother, Mike. One of the recruits was from Avon, where Mike was previously coach.

BU and Joe Pereira just committed Jack Murtagh, a USNTDP player, even though his older brother, Mike, is committed to UConn. Mike Murtagh committed here while Joe Pereira was coaching at UConn.

The loss of Joe Pereira has been a major blow to recruiting.

It also does not help Cavanaugh is against the collectives and giving kids extra money.

“Donors throwing money into a pool and then paying them — we're already paying the kid,” he said. “We're giving them a full scholarship. We're paying for all their meals. We're giving them cost of attendance. In some cases, some schools are getting Alston money. The Big Ten right now is paying kids 10 grand ($10,000) above and beyond their scholarship.

“I have no problem with a kid being paid for the use of their name, image and likeness,” Cavanaugh added. “But the donors putting a pool of money together to pay kids? I'm not sure I fully support that. I think that's more dangerous and more concerning to me than the third assistant coach or kids getting paid because of who they are.”

Reaction Score
I have no idea where our incoming recruits are ranked but I assumed the new arena and all it provides to its players would start getting us a big uptick in recruiting.

Is that wishful thinking without the older Pereira?

Reaction Score
Cavanaugh is failing on the recruiting trail but this program has zero vocal fans or media so it won’t matter and he will keep his job and finish comfortably at 5th in HE

Reaction Score
Cavanaugh is failing on the recruiting trail but this program has zero vocal fans or media so it won’t matter and he will keep his job and finish comfortably at 5th in HE
LOL, Cavanaugh is doing a fantastic job.

Reaction Score
UConn is the only Hockey East program that has not received a single commitment since April 5. (I’m not counting Swift who is roster filler and will probably never see the ice or the 2 transfers)

The only Hockey East program who has not received a commitment in the month of August.

UConn is the only program to receive only 1 commitment in 2023.

Reaction Score
UConn is the only Hockey East program that has not received a single commitment since April 5. (I’m not counting Swift who is roster filler and will probably never see the ice or the 2 transfers)

The only Hockey East program who has not received a commitment in the month of August.

UConn is the only program to receive only 1 commitment in 2023.
In Cav we trust. We’re UConn,!!! A national brand. We will be just fine. I am sure we will be able field a team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom