Off topic, Yankee sign stealing was widespread and serious. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Off topic, Yankee sign stealing was widespread and serious.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
3 sports on TV over the course of my life wanted me to poke my eyes out from boredom. Baseball was never one of them.

1) Soccer
Believe me, I get what you are saying. I was a big 4 sports guy growing up. I hated soccer. My best friend was all-conference in high school and I never went to a game. But it eventually kicked in. It's not boring. Becoming a soccer fan changed my life for the better. It's the best sport.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Believe me, I get what you are saying. I was a big 4 sports guy growing up. I hated soccer. My best friend was all-conference in high school and I never went to a game. But it eventually kicked in. It's not boring. Becoming a soccer fan changed my life for the better. It's the best sport.

best sport would be reserved for playoff hockey

Reaction Score
As a baseball fan, it is an incredibly boring sport to watch. I will rarely watch any regular season game the Yankees aren't a part of. Baseball recognizes this problem and is trying to implement changes to speed up the game.

In my opinion, what really makes baseball watchable (or unwatchable) on TV is how entertaining the broadcast crew is. And like 70% of the league has just awful and boring guys calling the games. Watching Yankee games on away feeds puts me to sleep.
Going to mlb games is one of my favorite things to do but even in person I don't pay much attention to what's happening on the field, I just love being there in the sun drinking beers and or spitting seeds.

Reaction Score
More will come out as documents are unsealed. But not surprisingly, the Bronx bombers used replay monitors to find signs and then signal them ot batters in real time.

Nowhere near as crooked as the RedSox

Reaction Score
Gary Cohen is our PBP guy on TV, his chemistry with Keith and Ron is what makes them so good. And yeah Howie is fantastic, he's probably my favorite broadcaster of them all. Really captures the energy of the game on the radio which isn't easy to do.

Gary Cohen is excellent with him they are better I take your word for that!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
3 sports on TV over the coourse of my life wanted me to poke my eyes out from boredom. Baseball was never one of them.

1) Soccer
2) Golf (horrible TV sport)
3) And this is distinctive from my childhood. Turning on a college football game in the 70's and finding out at least one of the teams ran the wishbone offense. Oklahoma was the worst but many did it. Id immediately turn game off.
Ladies and Gentlemen...and @August_West,

Essex Rec League Soccer!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom