Off-Season Injuries | The Boneyard

Off-Season Injuries

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Damn. That sucks. Injuries suck.

She was a major spark plug for the Canes last year and is a very promising player.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I hope somewhere out there, a team of brilliant orthopedists is working to address the ACL issues that seem to plague women's athletics. While men obviously have these injuries too, the rate for women athletes is significantly higher. What some suspect is that men injure the ACL by side forces (i.e. tackled from the side) or upon landing, while women injure it by planting their feet awkwardly as they push off to begin a jumping movement.

I have no idea what to do nor what to conclude. But the chain of injuries in women's sports is frustrating, obviously and most especially for the athletes.

Reaction Score
So very, very sorry for her, and it is churlish of me to bring this discussion back to UConn, but one of the advantages the Huskies enjoy this year is their depth. At virtually every position (though certainly not all at once!!), they can put excellent bench talent onto the court.

Reaction Score
So very, very sorry for her, and it is churlish of me to bring this discussion back to UConn, but one of the advantages the Huskies enjoy this year is their depth. At virtually every position (though certainly not all at once!!), they can put excellent bench talent onto the court.

Being who you are you understand That it is ok to rejoice in your wealth and good fortune--as long as it is not an some else expense--
and that isn't in your DNA--so enjoy the fortune Uconn has received--there shall be a year when the talent wealth shall be with another team!!
Prior to the beginning of this past season--I would have guiltily written of the excessive wealth---but in many ways that wealth never got on track. We'll see if our wealth is such Uconn can cash in using it this coming season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom