Odell to Cleveland | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Odell to Cleveland

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If you're not talking haskins or Murray in this draft, you're probably talking career backups.
I’m not talking about what I would do. I would be looking at Haskins or maybe Lock or trading up for Allen who is a total beast.

Unless Gettleman has a master plan of deception under way, the messaging Giant camp has on the street is the first pick with be defense and in general they think this is a strong draft for DL and OL. Therefore, what I have to hope for is for a QB in round two because I’d rather have that than nothing even though the odds of a second round QB having a career is much lower than a choice in the first. Of the Tier two QBs I happen to like Finley a lot at this hour, but I haven’t watch the NW qb or the Duke Qb.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Don’t waste another 2nd on a qb not called josh Rosen. We did that last year. It’s too wishy washy.
lauletta was a 4th round pick, number 108 overall. Our second round pick is #36 overall, very different and the same place Derek Carr was drafted.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Sad. Crazy talent, but also crazy:

Reaction Score
Best for everyone involved to move on. OBJ can go somewhere he's used correctly and Cleveland can move on without the headache

Reaction Score
I agree, but I'm curious where you think he will be used correctly. I get the sense that he's not the best teammate.
Not sure I really agree with that, that's always the narrative from the media but all of his teammates say they love him. The Browns offense was never a good fit, especially with Baker at QB. He needs to go to a team with a downfield passing game, not a run focused offense with all short passes. Hard to say who will claim him but New Orleans and the Chargers jump out at me. I doubt he makes it that far down the waiver order though

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
The best path to winning in the NFL is to max out the years when your QB is on a rookie deal and you can stack other positions. Cleveland made a bad gamble and it, in part, cost them their window with Baker on a cheap deal. As a Steelers fan, I can’t tell you how this breaks my heart.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I agree, but I'm curious where you think he will be used correctly. I get the sense that he's not the best teammate.
That quote reminds me of the women's board.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
With Brady, of course. Brady turned Antonio Brown into a respectable citizen.

Of course, having Odell and Antonio together is probably a bad idea. Even Brady can only do so much.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not sure I really agree with that, that's always the narrative from the media but all of his teammates say they love him. The Browns offense was never a good fit, especially with Baker at QB. He needs to go to a team with a downfield passing game, not a run focused offense with all short passes. Hard to say who will claim him but New Orleans and the Chargers jump out at me. I doubt he makes it that far down the waiver order though

That quote reminds me of the women's board.
I'll try to be more clear about what I mean: I think he's a singularly great talent who is also nuts and ultimately has a bad net effect on a team because it always comes down to an inordinate focus on him. I mean his father was posting video compilations to cast blame on his starting QB and Lebron was petitioning for him to be freed. Quite a distraction, to put it mildly.

I loved watching him on the field for the Giants, but I grew tired of watching him off it--especially when he was stalking the sidelines while muttering.

But this is the NFL, where dysfunction is probably more tolerated than any other major sport, so you are right that he will probably find a place and be making highlight-reel catches again before long.

Reaction Score
With Brady, of course. Brady turned Antonio Brown into a respectable citizen.

Of course, having Odell and Antonio together is probably a bad idea. Even Brady can only do so much.

You've piqued my interest. I bet this ends up working.

Reaction Score
I'll try to be more clear about what I mean: I think he's a singularly great talent who is also nuts and ultimately has a bad net effect on a team because it always comes down to an inordinate focus on him. I mean his father was posting video compilations to cast blame on his starting QB and Lebron was petitioning for him to be freed. Quite a distraction, to put it mildly.

I loved watching him on the field for the Giants, but I grew tired of watching him off it--especially when he was stalking the sidelines while muttering.

But this is the NFL, where dysfunction is probably more tolerated than any other major sport, so you are right that he will probably find a place and be making highlight-reel catches again before long.

I can see him landing on a contender and making a difference. Will be interesting!

Reaction Score
He has always valued making the highlight catch or having puffy individual stats over winning or making the plays needed to win games. He's selfish. He's a bad teammate and he doesn't make his teams better. Aside from all of that, he can't stay healthy anymore and his body is giving out on him. He won't push any contending team to the next level.

Reaction Score
Honestly I think becoming a celebrity and sudden fashion interest over one catch and dyed hair got to him a little. Then you add in the injury. I certainly won’t go so far as to call him selfish as plenty of idiots love to reflexively; but maybe he makes the business decision to be more interested in his more long-term options for being relevant and continuing strong income post-NFL (which is coming in a few years regardless), and may not be a huge contributor for his last contract. It is telling that he’s causing this fuss over actual football-related things though. We’ll see how he acts when he gets a new deal, and with whom he signs

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
hmm, UConn men and the g men both get real, end the circus, and begin their return to excellance around the same time....noice. bye bye p.t. beckham, and
good riddance.
'bye bye p.t. beckham, and
good riddance.'

good riddance. was that succinct enuf for youse?

and to complete the 'back up the truck' analysis, darnold was a joke the minute the nyets even thought aboot his selection (as stated then- too short) and..................... danny is a keeper, also stated on day one. to be fair, since winning is the only thing, some giant fans may not agree. im confident in waiting for the clarity on that one.
i think that sometimes the yuge gap in understanding here aboot playas in sports, is the lack of folks who actually play hoops, and such. the gap, regarding the difference between team success and individual talent, fogs the mind. what's a 'bad injury' for an armchair qb? you knocked over the beer bottle? and oh, upon further review, the gmen got max value for his act then.
the 'p.t.' stated refers to ol phineas taylor beckham, the carnival barker.

next up? tampa/sf/la wins the series! (i mean, it's not like the braves haven't spent the past few seasons building a team that might catch lightning in a bottle?). typo wins the nba all star game weekend dunk and 3 pt contests! newsflash, playing is sooo much different than gaming, cuz you might actually break a bone, or at least, stretch a muscle. and i don't mean the strain of ur index finger from hitting the mouse click button.

Reaction Score
I'm a Browns fan. I have watched every play since he was traded for. His tenure has been injuries, bad drops in big situations, untimely penalties, some drama. Him and Baker got along well off the field until recently. OBJ's Dad sending that video and insinuating that Baker purposely doesnt throw him the ball is garbage. He leads the team in targets despite missing a few games. The offense is RB and TE centric, but regardless of that, Baker and OBJ just never got on same page on the field. Baker has a much higher passer rating with everyone else on the team and quite frankly, Baker has been better without him the last few years, the offense has been better without him, and the team has been better without him. OBJ was great against Dallas last year. Outside of a few other plays, not much. Baker isn't a top QB and the system isn't great for WR's(why Diggs wanted out of Minny), but still chemistry was off. It's like OBJ was a bad penny. Maybe the fact that he didn't participate in off season stuff and was always missing training camp with injuries....anyway, common knowledge he was getting waived this coming offseason anyway. The Browns weren't paying 15 mil for him next year.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211102-154314_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211102-154314_Chrome.jpg
    663.9 KB · Views: 126

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He wants his cake and eat it too, while he is an immense talent, he allows his ego get in the way.
It's getting to the point where I think so many GMs are saying he isn't worth it
He will end up somewhere but the pickings will be slim
Too Bad

Reaction Score

Hope not, and I doubt he'd be interested. They're not good enough to take on someone like that and, honestly, I'm enjoying watching them improve (I hate saying stuff like this but they could pretty easily be 6-2 right now) and I would not want him to derail it.

Reaction Score
Hope not, and I doubt he'd be interested. They're not good enough to take on someone like that and, honestly, I'm enjoying watching them improve (I hate saying stuff like this but they could pretty easily be 6-2 right now) and I would not want him to derail it.

I mostly agree, although I want to see Bill and Josh take that next step with Mac leading the offense beyond him being a game manager. A healthy OBJ would bring an explosive element to the offense which it currently lacks. I think we could use that stud who commands attention from the defense. Whether it's OBJ or not is the question.

Reaction Score
I mostly agree, although I want to see Bill and Josh take that next step with Mac leading the offense beyond him being a game manager. A healthy OBJ would bring an explosive element to the offense which it currently lacks. I think we could use that stud who commands attention from the defense. Whether it's OBJ or not is the question.

Yeah my post was ambiguous and for some reason I can't edit it. I meant OBJ wouldn't be interested. I'd expect him to end up in Los Angeles.

Reaction Score
Odell's window is closing fairly rapidly. He needs to focus. Asking a leopard to change his spots may be too big an ask. It is up to him to face reality.

Reaction Score
The only problem is that the Giants couldn't get him the ball. He will absolutely light the league up next season. Giants are a clown show.

You have some real doozys in this thread, I assume football isn't a sport you watch much?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom