October UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

October UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Isn't MS State at about scholarship max right now?

Think so, but that hasn't seemed to stop them from recruiting. Maybe they are out on Edwards but I've not seen any confirmation.

Reaction Score
2023 Nicole Melious has committed to ... Purdue. Interesting, as she put up a lot of big numbers that were reported by @Sluconn Husky.

I think Kentucky is another school after Edwards (they have been heavily recruiting the Canadians). Not sure if there is serious interest from Edwards though.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2023 Nicole Melious has committed to ... Purdue. Interesting, as she put up a lot of big numbers that were reported by @Sluconn Husky.

I think Kentucky is another school after Edwards (they have been heavily recruiting the Canadians). Not sure if there is serious interest from Edwards though.

Kentucky was in on Edwards. Haven't heard anything lately though I would be pretty shocked if she chose them over any of her remaining options.

The Melious thing is stunning. She's just starting high school. That visit to Purdue last weekend must've been something.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Kentucky was in on Edwards. Haven't heard anything lately though I would be pretty shocked if she chose them over any of her remaining options.

The Melious thing is stunning. She's just starting high school. That visit to Purdue last weekend must've been something.

Remember Deja Kelly committed to Texas in what -- 7th grade? -- and we see how that worked out....now she's got Texas A&M as a finalist.

I've read Sharon Versyp is on a possible hot seat at Purdue. Plucking (very) young, promising recruits could be a way to showing administrative folks things could get better. On the other hand, if Versyp's immediate fortunes don't improve, Ms. Melious could be looking at, say, Indiana, in a few years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah, we know some of the schools in on Edwards:

Mississippi State, North Carolina, Maryland, and UCLA

Louisville was for a long time but appears to be out now.
With Mississippi State taking D Gaston I took that as a sign that A Edwards is going elsewhere.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
VanTimmeren is unranked everywhere but Blue Star where she is #14 in the 2021 class.

Prospects Nation's Brandon Clay just wrote good things about her recently.

Reaction Score
With Mississippi State taking D Gaston I took that as a sign that A Edwards is going elsewhere.
Yeah really looking like by process of elimination that UConn is looking pretty good..

Reaction Score
Remember Deja Kelly committed to Texas in what -- 7th grade? -- and we see how that worked out....now she's got Texas A&M as a finalist.

I've read Sharon Versyp is on a possible hot seat at Purdue. Plucking (very) young, promising recruits could be a way to showing administrative folks things could get better. On the other hand, if Versyp's immediate fortunes don't improve, Ms. Melious could be looking at, say, Indiana, in a few years.
I love looking back on early commitments:
— Jaden Owens committed to SMU early
— Nyah Greene committed to UL early
— Charli Collier committed to Texas early
— Sedona Prince committed to Texas early

Greene’s commitment was the only not followed with a decommitment.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I like her as a player. When I hear her name, I think of this:

View attachment 47198
And I think of this:

1571260249100.png

Reaction Score
I've been doing that for the last few years. At least with the rankings I can find. (can't always find ASGR) But with Bluestar, PN, Hoopgurlz and if possible ASGR you can get a pretty good composite/consensus. And I only go with the Top 100 (sometimes Top 70 for Bluestar - depending on how many they list). After 100, I don't really care.

For 2019 it was
  1. Haley Jones
  2. Jordan Horston
  3. Aliyah Boston
  4. Ashley Owusu
  5. Rickea Jackson
  6. Samantha Brunelle
  7. Zia Cooke
  8. Nyah Green
  9. Kiesten Bell
  10. Breanna Beal
for the top 10. Griffin was a composite #33.

For 2020 so far (all 4)
  1. Paige Bueckers
  2. Kamila Cordosa (za)
  3. Angel Reese
  4. Hailey Van Lith
  5. Cameron Brink
  6. Caitlin Clark
  7. Sarah Andrews
  8. Hanna Gusters
  9. Sasha Goforth
  10. Sydney Parrish
McLean is #18. Gabriel is ranked outside 100. Muhl isn't ranked by any of them, but usually only a few Canadians might get ranked by some of them.

Updated composite ranks after new PN rankings

1. Paige Bueckers
2. Kamilla Cardosa
3. Angel Reese
4. Hailey VanLith
5. Cameron Brink
6. Caitlin Clark
7. Sarah Andrews
8. Hannah Gusters
9. Maddie Scherr
10. Kylee Watson
11. Sydney Parrish
12. Sasha GoForth
13. Treasure Hunt
14. Priscilla Williams
15. Olivia Cochran
16. Mir McLean
17. Alli Campbell
18. Delayah Daniels
19. Nataljia Marshall
20. Jordan Merritt
21. Tehina Paopao
22. Madeline Westbeld
23. Kateri Poole
24. Deja Kelly
25. Angela Dugalic

This is probably the best indicator of McDonalds All American too. This is likely the group. UConn with two already. Edwards from Canada and not ranked by everyone.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
This is probably the best indicator of McDonalds All American too. This is likely the group. UConn with two already. Edwards from Canada and not ranked by everyone.

Edwards is only unranked by Blue Star which has never made any sense. She obviously should be somewhere on the list so something is up with that. PN only started including Canadians on their lists recently and only from 2021 on.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Edwards is only unranked by Blue Star which has never made any sense. She obviously should be somewhere on the list so something is up with that. PN only started including Canadians on their lists recently and only from 2021 on.
In your opinion, where would she be on the list? I think she would be 2 or 3.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
In your opinion, where would she be on the list? I think she would be 2 or 3.

Where would I rank her, or where would the prospect outlets rank her?

ASGR has her 11th, ESPN 26th after an initial 14th ranking a few month ago. I'd have her top-10 somewhere.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Updated composite ranks after new PN rankings

1. Paige Bueckers
2. Kamilla Cardosa
3. Angel Reese
4. Hailey VanLith
5. Cameron Brink
6. Caitlin Clark
7. Sarah Andrews
8. Hannah Gusters
9. Maddie Scherr
10. Kylee Watson
11. Sydney Parrish
12. Sasha GoForth
13. Treasure Hunt
14. Priscilla Williams
15. Olivia Cochran
16. Mir McLean
17. Alli Campbell
18. Delayah Daniels
19. Nataljia Marshall
20. Jordan Merritt
21. Tehina Paopao
22. Madeline Westbeld
23. Kateri Poole
24. Deja Kelly
25. Angela Dugalic

Thanks. Can you state which services were used in the composite ESPN, PN, Bluestar?, ASGR?

Reaction Score
And let's not forget Muhl. Where would she rank?

From my observations of both Muhl and Edwards, I would have Edwards in the top 15 and Muhl in the top 25. It’s harder to say with Muhl because there isn’t enough competition against the top US players. Edwards played on a travel team (Kia Nurse) in the summer.

In my opinion the 2020 class is the strongest class since 2016 and is very deep with talent. And the 2020 class is stronger than the next two classes as well.

Reaction Score
Thanks. Can you state which services were used in the composite ESPN, PN, Bluestar?, ASGR?

Also I posted this info in the non UConn thread since it really doesn’t involve any UConn targets/commits but in our discussions about rankings you guys might find this info interesting.

One ESPN high ranked player missing is Diamond Johnson, she comes in at 6 for ESPN but 44, 137 and 20 for PN, BS and ASGR in that order.

Other anomalies are Peyton McFarland who is 12 for ASGR but 80, 111, 97 by ESPN, PN and BS.

Gabby Hutcherson is 12 for PN but 101, 22 and 61 by ESPN, BS and ASGR

Madison Scott is 13 for ESPN but 55, 19, and 40 by PN, BS and ASGR

Lexi Donarski has rankings of ESPN #12, PN #17, ASGR #25 but a 106 from BS drops her to #32 overall.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sorry forgot to mention. I was replying to a post by @meyers7 in that he listed the four he used which I think are the most reliable and biggest services also.

Hoopgurlz ESPN
All Star Girls Report ASGR
Bluestar BS
Prospects Nation PN
Yes those are the ones I use to come up with a composite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom